The Last of US II Spoiler and story discussion thread.

Soldato
It’s definitely marmite. :p

I personally loved it. Had a great time from start to finish. As I said previously in a post somewhere on here, for me personally, it’s easily an 8.5/9 out of 10 experience. Thoroughly enjoyed.

edit. My favourite part was probably the sniper section. Didn’t think til the last second that it was Tommy, all I was thinking while ducking and diving from car to car was can’t wait to finish this guy off !

Soldato
Was that directed at me? I'm totally fine with people not liking the game, and I don't think your opinion of the game is wrong.

What I have a problem with is the attitude among some posters, and youtubers etc, that their opinion is some objective truth, that a crime has been committed, and everyone has to agree with their groupthink and denounce it as trash.

Anyway, most well adjusted people will see the consensus from people that have actually played it. Wonderful technical achievement, improved gameplay over the first, sound, graphics, animation raising the bar. A story and writing that in some people's eyes is good but a bit simple and drawn out, to outright trash obviously in the minds of some people.

No mate just in general....

Soldato
It’s definitely marmite. :p

That it's triggered such a response from people speak to the quality of the characters that Naughty Dog created, regardless of how you feel about the way they were treated in the story in Part 2. Has there ever been such a debate about a video game character before? Maybe we're all just going insane from lockdown :p

My least favourite part was the scene in the hospital basement with Abby and the monster...I got my ass handed to me so many times...I am really not looking forward to that on harder difficulty when I go back to it. Horrible section that you could only figure out the layout of by dying over and over again.

Soldato
That it's triggered such a response from people speak to the quality of the characters that Naughty Dog created, regardless of how you feel about the way they were treated in the story in Part 2. Has there ever been such a debate about a video game character before? Maybe we're all just going insane from lockdown :p

My least favourite part was the scene in the hospital basement with Abby and the monster...I got my ass handed to me so many times...I am really not looking forward to that on harder difficulty when I go back to it. Horrible section that you could only figure out the layout of by dying over and over again.
It’s certainly sparked a lot of debate. :D people can hate it for whatever reason they want, story or characters, padding etc, that’s their opinion, and that’s okay.

I personally enjoyed my time with it and that’s what counts. And I think the score of 95 on MC is correct.

hated that part too. I was running round like a headless chicken like wtf am I supposed to do!? Kill it or run? :D

edit. That whole ground zero hospital excursion was quality. Very tense. Especially when you had to fire up the generator (gave me flashbacks of the hotel basement in the first game !)

Last edited:
Soldato
hated that part too. I was running round like a headless chicken like wtf am I supposed to do!? Kill it or run? :D

edit. That whole ground zero hospital excursion was quality. Very tense. Especially when you had to fire up the generator (gave me flashbacks of the hotel basement in the first game !)

I thought I was missing something, I hit it with all my pipebombs, shotguns, emptied the flamethrower into it....I though there was a door or something i was missing. Turns out you just need to hammer away at it.

Although I never did figure if you needed to focus on the little one that broke off or not.

Soldato
I thought I was missing something, I hit it with all my pipebombs, shotguns, emptied the flamethrower into it....I though there was a door or something i was missing. Turns out you just need to hammer away at it.

Although I never did figure if you needed to focus on the little one that broke off or not.
I was playing on easy and it still took most of my resources and ammo to take it down. :p I also killed the stalker that broke off its body.

Soldato
I thought it was great!! Really enjoyed it. Took me 34.hrs.Some of the hate it's getting is out of hand. Not as good as the first one, but still, very good.

Its only a game after all folks

Rob

Soldato
I thought it was great!! Really enjoyed it. Took me 34.hrs.Some of the hate it's getting is out of hand. Not as good as the first one, but still, very good.

Rob
What was your favourite part ? Or the part that stuck with you most ?

Soldato
Abby on the sky bridge was great

Abby and the scars fleeing through the woods in the rain at night with the torches was incredible, the sound and graphics were jaw-dropping.

Ellie and the scars in the woods was also great for the same reasons, although the arrow mechanic was a bit crap.

The island section I really want to play again because I just ramboed through it to get to the ending. Although the melee bit at the end was a bit naff.

The section on the little boat with Ellie was great, the ambience and sound of the rain on her hood.

I really liked the stalkers, and just generally not having to spend so much time in listen mode. That may change when I go back though.

Only bits I really disliked were a couple of the Abby sections on the way back to the aquariam that started to feel 'fillery', just throwing some zombies at you for the sake of it. Oh and the hospital fight I already mentioned that felt like you had to die several times to figure out.

Soldato
The stalkers were great. When you first meet one and it scurries past the door you’re about to walk through.. I stopped and said to myself W T F was that...? *equips shotgun*

I love how they don’t show up in listen mode. I just went Rambo at that point ! :D run and gun

Soldato
What was your favourite part ? Or the part that stuck with you most ?
The joel bit really took me by surprise, I had avoided anything to do with the game beforehand, so had no idea about what to expect . I preferred the first part of the game as Ellie, maybe because it reminded me of playing the first one. But enjoyed it all as another gaming experience. Only my opinion of course

Rob

Soldato
The joel bit really took me by surprise, I had avoided anything to do with the game beforehand, so had no idea about what to expect . I preferred the first part of the game as Ellie, maybe because it reminded me of playing the first one. But enjoyed it all as another gaming experience. Only my opinion of course

Rob
Same here. I avoided all spoilers before jumping in.

He was my favourite character, but we all knew it was coming. Like, he killed so many people in the first game. Something was bound to come back round to finish him off. It was just a matter of when.

Associate
I loved the game i think some people are jumping on the hate bandwagon trying to all cool and edgy i did not like Abby at first but grew to like her two sides to every story.

Associate

Rob
It only took me 24 hours must have skipped a lot im going to take more time in new game plus.

Associate
When you play as Abby, you walk through the WLF stadium, which is equipped with a large gym and a lot of training equipment. It’s completely possible for Abby to have buffed up over time. Why are people saying this isn’t possible ?
Sexists waaman can't be well built have they never watched UFC.

Associate
It is indeed way too long, I would have been happier if it ended at the farm house with Ellie realising that killing Abby wouldn't solve anything. Instead travelling all that way only for a 2 second flashback to change her mind.
I knew she would not kill her i did not want her to it was very touching that she ended up saving her life.

Soldato
OP
Sexists waaman can't be well built have they never watched UFC.

If you'd actually read this thread the issues many have with her build are covered by @Amatsubu and he makes some very good points.

I knew she would not kill her i did not want her to it was very touching that she ended up saving her life.

The story devolved into a petty revenge fantasy and it couldn't even commit to it, it had no payoff and felt impotent.

Beautiful game but it's one that fell face first into the manure in every other respect for me. I've lost all interest in the franchise, I've seen people make comparisons to the recent Star Wars movies and Game of Thrones season 8, and I'm inclined to agree. They made a lot of money and had a lot of hype around them, but ultimately they left a bad taste for a lot of people.

Back
Top Bottom