The Last of Us Part II

Soldato
Oh...ok. I never got that far...lol.

Its on PS Plus now so I give this complete edition another try.
Did you even get far enough to even meet Ellie ? :p i remember playing it when it released on ps3 and didn’t bother getting past the docks. Big mistake. It picks up after that.

Associate
I think maybe some if the negativity for TLOU comes from those who played in on ps3 only? I got it with my PS4 (remaster) and it quite simply blew me away. The combat I find is simply the most brutal and weighty I’ve played in any game and the atmosphere, Gfx, and story are simply superb. One of my all time greatest games easily. Also it plays at 60fps which probs helped too.

whether the second will be as gd though I’m not sure. Think they should have waited to release as a ps5 launch game for the wow factor. Guess that’ll likely be hzd2.

Soldato
I understand TLOU is a great game but I am not keen on stealth games. Unlike Uncharted, you can see an enemy and pop them full of lead and move on. Unless you play it on the hardest difficulty then you have to stealth through most of the levels.

Soldato
I understand TLOU is a great game but I am not keen on stealth games. Unlike Uncharted, you can see an enemy and pop them full of lead and move on. Unless you play it on the hardest difficulty then you have to stealth through most of the levels.
You don’t have to play this stealthily. Just crank it on easy and blast away with your shotgun. (You literally get ammo drops from each enemy) It’s what I did. I don’t care for harder difficulties, or much for stealth for that matter.

edit. On easy you can literally play this like an uncharted game :p

Soldato
You don’t have to play this stealthily. Just crank it on easy and blast away with your shotgun. (You literally get ammo drops from each enemy) It’s what I did. I don’t care for harder difficulties, or much for stealth for that matter.

Can't play a game on easy. Its against my person gaming rules :D Its either default difficulty or higher.

Soldato
Playing this game on easy is like losing half of the experience, IMO. I was still able to do some shootouts but I generally like stealth so maybe it's just me:p

V F

V F

Soldato

Grounded was the most fun. I loved that feeling. Creepy, a little bit scared of making noises, hardly move and they know you're there or go absolutely ballistic and smash them all. The best of everything, stealth, fighting, gun fire, running and chasing. It has it all.

Soldato
Not really. I mean, I’m playing it for the story personally. :p

Me as well, but the thing is the difficulty kinda ties in with the setting/story. Managing resources, having to think how to approach enemies and the tense situations it created when I ran out of ammo or ***** up some way and had to e.g. throw a brick into an enemy's face, run up and finish him off, limited healing and stuff like that.

Not to mention that the story itself is average, it's the way it's told and shown through Ellie and Joel's interactions that's truly exceptional and the calmer, more survival gameplay complements that and the feeling of danger is greater.
Turning the game into Uncharted is the worst thing one can do, IMO. Mowing everything down without any sense of danger takes all the atmosphere away from the setting.

V F

V F

Soldato
Me as well, but the thing is the difficulty kinda ties in with the setting/story. Managing resources, having to think how to approach enemies and the tense situations it created when I ran out of ammo or ***** up some way and had to e.g. throw a brick into an enemy's face, run up and finish him off, limited healing and stuff like that.

Not to mention that the story itself is average, it's the way it's told and shown through Ellie and Joel's interactions that's truly exceptional and the calmer, more survival gameplay complements that and the feeling of danger is greater.
Turning the game into Uncharted is the worst thing one can do, IMO. Mowing everything down without any sense of danger takes all the atmosphere away from the setting.

Yeah, considering you only get 1 - 3 bullets a time at most on Grounded and you could be empty for a while if you've used them.

I always kept my bullets and kept the shrapnel devices for hairy situations. Everything else was bats, pipes and bricks. I'd save the molly's as well for worst events.

Back
Top Bottom