The Last of Us Part II

Soldato
I didnt know about that! Might be good for my 2nd play through.

I honestly can't speak highly enough of this game. I didnt think the original needed a sequel but I'm glad they did.

I hope they don't do a 3rd though :p

I wouldn't mind a third, as long as they leave the Ellie/Joel story behind.

I'd be happy with an Abby + Lev follow up....hell maybe even a Lev spin off.

Associate
That's mostly positive, with some reasonable criticism.. In fact a lot of the reviews that mark this game as perfect point out the very same flaws!
As long as people are giving honest reviews and not jumping on the hate bandwagon because its popular lets face it some people already decided to dislike the game when they read the leaks.

Soldato
I agree with the majority that have given it an 8 to be honest. I found it to be a great story that was let down in places, with characters acting out of character and leading to things that shouldn't happen. However, between the two games, I'd honestly say 9/10 and an 8.5/10. I find most good things reside around 7.5 so.. :p

Mind you, I would have liked there to be total closure rather than leaving it a little open. I get idea that closing it won't lead to another game, but to be honest, it won't really now anyway. A spin-off however...

Better tactical shooter than MGS though?!

Soldato
I know this might be controversial but I'm going to say it: I don't think Naughty Dog are good at combat, in fact I'd almost go as far as to say they're bad at it. Imo the gunplay was bad in the Uncharted games and is average in TLOU2. I'll admit it's not something I noticed in the first one, but it seems more obvious in the second, where there are so many parts where you are very heavily outnumbered. They position Ellie as a stealth focused character but then give you situations where it's incredibly hard to stealth your way through. The characters move in quite a clunky and unresponsive way at times, and imo aiming is awkward, particularly if you've been detected. I feel like they would benefit from an aiming system like Metal Gear, where you can aim over-the-shoulder or go into a first person view.

Also, I get that it's a post-apocalyptic game where supplies are limited, but at times it's ridiculous how few bullets each gun can carry when they expect you to sometimes have to take on half a dozen or more people/infected.

Imo Naughty Dog's strength lies in its writing, characters and world building. I loved the exploration and puzzle elements in Uncharted and found the combat a real bore after a while, and to an extent that's the case in TLOU2 as well.

That's not to say that I'm not enjoying it, but sometimes I have to put the game down earlier than I otherwise would because of how infuriating the combat can be.

Soldato
I know this might be controversial but I'm going to say it: I don't think Naughty Dog are good at combat, in fact I'd almost go as far as to say they're bad at it. Imo the gunplay was bad in the Uncharted games and is average in TLOU2. I'll admit it's not something I noticed in the first one, but it seems more obvious in the second, where there are so many parts where you are very heavily outnumbered. They position Ellie as a stealth focused character but then give you situations where it's incredibly hard to stealth your way through. The characters move in quite a clunky and unresponsive way at times, and imo aiming is awkward, particularly if you've been detected. I feel like they would benefit from an aiming system like Metal Gear, where you can aim over-the-shoulder or go into a first person view.

Also, I get that it's a post-apocalyptic game where supplies are limited, but at times it's ridiculous how few bullets each gun can carry when they expect you to sometimes have to take on half a dozen or more people/infected.

Imo Naughty Dog's strength lies in its writing, characters and world building. I loved the exploration and puzzle elements in Uncharted and found the combat a real bore after a while, and to an extent that's the case in TLOU2 as well.

That's not to say that I'm not enjoying it, but sometimes I have to put the game down earlier than I otherwise would because of how infuriating the combat can be.

Combat is probably one of the best in its genre comparable to MGSV in my opinion, if you have a problem aiming then there are mods/upgrades to help. If you still cant shoot straight there are numerous options from aim assists to auto slow mo for combat.

Associate
Finished it last night.

I give it a 8/10.

The first one was better imo but this one really doesn't deserve the hate it's been getting.
Its funny watching the industry reviews all glowing to these Youtubers wanting to keep their fans onside deliberately trashing the game like Angryjoe some of his points are ridiculous and no way is it a 6 out of ten game.

Soldato
Its funny watching the industry reviews all glowing to these Youtubers wanting to keep their fans onside deliberately trashing the game like Angryjoe some of his points are ridiculous and no way is it a 6 out of ten game.
6... come on. It’s at least an 8 in my opinion. Yeah okay maybe for some it’s not gonna be a 10/10. And that’s fair enough. But giving it a 6 ? Hmm.

Soldato
It wasn’t a question.
You answered your own ending statement (that ends in a question mark) were you insinuated that there is some motive behind giving it a 6 because in your opinion it is at least an 8.
6... come on. It’s at least an 8 in my opinion. Yeah okay maybe for some it’s not gonna be a 10/10. And that’s fair enough. But giving it a 6 ? Hmm.

Soldato
Ok. So what score do you give this game ? What were your main gripes ?
The answer to your first question is N/A, I haven't played the game, which is why in both threads I haven't stated my opinion on the game.

I did consider explaining why I ahven't played it, as well as answering your second question but lets be honest, you and the others who consider it a master piece don't care about my answer you're just going to throw insults, and completly irgnore everything i say and the most extreme amongst you will outright lie in future posts.

Edit: Forgot to include that the people i refer to in my post are just going to make assumptions and not change their minds like some people who decided it was a zero before they played it and those who decided it was a masterpiece before they played it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom