The Last of Us Remake | March 28th 2023

Soldato
Didn’t they all ready remaster this? Think I’ve played it like 3 times now these guys are turning into bathesda and Skyrim (well not to that extreme yet)
Yeah, PS3 version was remastered for PS4 and is still perfectly playable.

This one will have changes under the hood too, apparently. It seems to be using some of the more refined mechanics from Part II rather than just being a straight up graphical overhaul. Audio is also improved, there'll be DualSense bells and whistles, and a rake of new accessibility options which is cool. Still not worth full price if you've played before though!

V F

V F

Soldato
Doesn't seem like 5 minutes since it was "remastered" already :(

Good that it's getting a PC release though for those that haven't played it
Scary thinking the first was 2013. I remember people recommending it to me back then since I was into Uncharted. As they said, well it's a Naughty Dog game! Couldn't get into it at first due to the slow clunky combat, resources and crafting until a year later. This was when it picked up and became hooked.

As there was word that a remaster was to be coming to the PS4, which I think I picked that up Christmas 2015.

I've forgotten most of the first and second games so I'm all good :D
How'd you manage that? I'll still never forget Downtown as it was creepy as hell, during and just after Tess, the High school, there was a long section I remember with lots of vehicles and busses piled up encountering lots and lots of threatening humans. The Hotel I remember felt like eternity, the Sewers stuck in my memory a long time with all the stalkers. That was a real heart beating section just like parts of the Hotel.

If it's one thing I hate about Naughty Dog games is their love for generators. Uncharted and both The Last of Us. :cry:

The University I remember getting a bit hectic which also lead into the Ellie part that felt like a real mental slog with everything that happened. As ammo was so hard to come by. Then of course the Bus Depot, that creeped me out because it was such a mental tease trap. Everything looked so safe and clear.

So many people seemed to hate the second game which I seemed to love more than the first and I really did love the first. The second had that really lovely sucked in gritty much darker nastier traumatising atmosphere. I found the second game's world and encounters more terrifying than the first. It was so dark and gritty which I loved the feel of. Felt like having your own movie world as there were so many changes to the chapters.

Plus what really was the icing on the cake to it all was the improved character physics. The way they prone, rolled, ran jumped and fell to the ground in a subtle slide. Them checking below areas where you might be hiding. Scouring every area possible. The fighting mechanics/physics was so beautiful to watch and feel. Plus the way they communicated with the whistling. Including dogs picking up your scent.

What stuck in my memory the most was when it came to Abby, I seemed to take more growing to her story than I did with Ellie's. So many hated her part but by the time I came to completion, I found both women had equally very rough lives that ruined them both mentally. The second game was never as bad as all the stuff I had read about it.

As that's why I loved the second as there were gap fillers to the first that felt as if you were continuing sections to the first from unanswered questions, in a much more darker world.

I remember playing this the first time on Survivor as there was no Grounded Mode at the time. It too was rough like the first with so very little ammo. As I remember from the first game no matter how bad it got, you had to keep the ammo for boss sections. As you knew you'd be unloading a lot of ammo for it. Or you'd be screwed if you didn't keep reserves.

That was the thing I loved about these games in the harder modes. It felt like a real mental tactical game with so little available. Don't be wasting molotovs, no wasting ammo no matter how bad you may think it looks or feels, saving and stocking up on medkits, craft and keep items to keep space for resources. As there was nothing worse coming up to areas where scissors, rags, cloths, liquids were available and you were full. Sometimes even if you had to limp through sections in the red. Both games truly felt like real journeys.

Soldato
I'll give it a reinstall and continue where I left off then! Cloud saves are the best thing ever for modern day gaming. Just reinstall and everything is as I left it :cool:

Stick with it there is a big mission later on in a Mill that I spent ages on doing it different ways. I wont say more to spoil what happens but its "big" in one sense of the word.

Act III is so different to Act I culminating in a massive climax and dont forget after the dust settles there is a hidden ending which would suggest a sequel that has so far not happened.

Soldato
Last of Us...on PC.

And not just some basic port of the PS3 game, but actual nextgen remake with improved both graphics and gameplay.

Seriously, 5 years ago that would have been total sci-fi. I am truly pleasantly surprised by Sony. And by MS, who started this, considering PC as equal platform to console.

Playing Sony exclusive first party games on a linux based Valve-made handheld. So good.

Soldato
Stick with it there is a big mission later on in a Mill that I spent ages on doing it different ways. I wont say more to spoil what happens but its "big" in one sense of the word.

Act III is so different to Act I culminating in a massive climax and dont forget after the dust settles there is a hidden ending which would suggest a sequel that has so far not happened.
Yup. It was my game of the generation for me. Absolutely loved every second of days gone. Well…once the fuel tank had been upgraded ;)

Man of Honour
OP
This game or in general? Other games might be ports but they are very good ones with PC only features and graphics. Last of us Remake is not a port on the PC, it's being made side by side for the PC and PS5.

Back
Top Bottom