The Left Handed Build

Associate
OP
Sorry about Mrs Piggin last night, I got in late & did not use the 'shelf'.
When I stuck my head around the door, I could see she was doing something but did not pay attention (I thought it was shoe related)
Obviously I will not be leaving my build logs up anymore when I go to work. Someone may tell her what things cost :eek:

Associate
Sorry about Mrs Piggin last night, I got in late & did not use the 'shelf'.
When I stuck my head around the door, I could see she was doing something but did not pay attention (I thought it was shoe related)
Obviously I will not be leaving my build logs up anymore when I go to work. Someone may tell her what things cost :eek:

I am sure the cost can't be more than a few pairs of shoes!!! ;)

Associate
OP
Hi there. I have just snubbed my other 'good' foot with my crutch in my eagerness to reply.
Mr Piggin did not realise that I had book marked this thread.
I don't fully know the costs involved, but when he tells me that Graphics cards are BOGOFs then I know something is up. :confused:
As for shoes unfortunately I only need a good left one coz the other is in an attractive black air cast boot.
Just wait until the cast is off and I will be back in my Jimmy Choos!!!:cool:

Associate
OP
She missed the last 2 steps on the stairs and broke th 5th metatasal bone (the fifth big bone which joins the little toe) ahe 's been in plaster for 11 weeks and got a few more to go!

Associate
OP
Last weekend, Mrs Piggin gave me some time off from my nursing duties, as I have been a good boy. So I played with my toys.
As you are all aware, I have been running a Sli set up with 580GTX's for a few months now.
I prefer to run new hardware on air for a short period to ensure reliability before going under water.

So ordered up some new EK blocks for the cards from (name changed)

DSCF2397.jpg

A quick look inside the box

DSCF2400.jpg

I went for the acetal + nickel again

DSCF2406.jpg

and a very shiny front

DSCF2405.jpg

The block comes with a full fitting kit & instructions.

DSCF2401.jpg

So this is one of the cards sitting on my desk before the operation begins.

DSCF2407.jpg

These cards have torx screws to hold the cooler on & the dreaded 'thread lock'. Used a T6 bit to undo the screws.

DSCF2408.jpg

The cooler came off without any incidents

DSCF2413.jpg

As always there is residue from the thermal pads & TIM on the card

DSCF2414.jpg

So a good clean with Articlean & Mrs Piggins face pads + cotton buds

DSCF2416.jpg

Now the fiddly job of putting all the thermal pads in the correct places.

DSCF2418.jpg

There is a deliberate mistake with this card & luckily I had two, as I only spotted it the second time around. (Its not the TIM by the way)

Card all finished

DSCF2419.jpg

I then set about fitting the block to the second card.
After a few hours, I had this

DSCF2428.jpg

A few eagle eyed members will see, I have done quite a few changes to 'The shelf' but they will be explained later in the build.

Associate
There is a deliberate mistake with this card & luckily I had two, as I only spotted it the second time around. (Its not the TIM by the way).

Is this a quiz? If so I think it's the lack of thermal pads somewhere - either the fiddly small ones on the mosfets or the rather more obviously naked R125 chips.

Soldato
The 'deliberate mistake' looks like a small amount of EXTRA thermal padding just to the top right of the RAM chips. I don't think that was padded on the stock cooler

Back
Top Bottom