The Little Mermaid (05/2023) live-action Disney remake

Does anyone else smell gas?

BS, your trying to tell me that it is normal for people to check out historical videos on a channel before watching the video that has been linked. Yeah and the video thumbnail really puts people off watching the video. :rolleyes:

Go gaslight yourself in the corner.

I don't smell a gas, though I am picking up the scent of someone rather upset that another person dared to judge a YouTube channel based on how it presents its content.

Lots of people I know would assume that channel was generic reactionary content, all the red flags are there from the clickbait video titles to the shock face thumbnails to the upload history mostly focussing on what I consider to be inane culture war issues. How you present yourself and your work effects how people perceive you. Some may perceive the content to be good, some may perceive it to be bad. I gave my perspective on why people like myself would choose to swerve watching content like this, this upset you.

I also don't think its abnormal in the case of opinion based culture war/reactionary content for people to check a channels upload history before deciding to watch their content, especially when ones recommendations are influenced by what they watch.

Last edited:
Yarn…. Another classic animated film, that Disney have decided to turn live action film because they can’t write anything original anymore. All the other ones they have made live action remakes are awful, so have very little hope for this one. My wife has already refused to watch it, as she doesn’t want her favourite Disney film ruined.

I don't smell a gas, though I am picking up the scent of someone rather upset that another person dared to judge a YouTube channel based on how it presents its content.

Lots of people I know would assume that channel was generic reactionary content, all the red flags are there from the clickbait video titles to the shock face thumbnails to the upload history mostly focussing on inane culture war stuff. How you present yourself and your work effects how people perceive you. Some may perceive the content to be good, some may perceive it to be bad. We are allowed differing views aren't we ? All I did was give the perspective of why people like myself would choose to swerve watching content like this. It's not even a left/right thing, its a culture war milking thing that people on both sides do for clicks and YouTube is the best and most profitable place to do it.

I also don't think its abnormal in the case of opinions based culture war/reactionary content for people to check a channels upload history before deciding to watch their content, especially when ones recommendations are influenced by what they watch.
I'm pretty certain that if I was someone that held similar ideological social views as yourself then you would have clicked away without a care in the world - the fact you still haven't watched the clip in question is quite telling imo.
Yarn…. Another classic animated film, that Disney have decided to turn live action film because they can’t write anything original anymore. All the other ones they have made live action remakes are awful, so have very little hope for this one. My wife has already refused to watch it, as she doesn’t want her favourite Disney film ruined.
Have any live action remakes been on par with the original animated version yet? There's a certain charm to the animated versions that the remakes lose in translation.

though I am picking up the scent of someone rather upset that another person dared to judge a YouTube channel based on how it presents its content.

*snipped out the BS*

Well you're wrong. If you want to know what I'm thinking, I'll tell you what I'm thinking.

I find it interesting that in discussions surronding race, that when ever people post videos from youtubers that are black who are not towing the line, I find that people put in a lot of effort to discredit them as an invididual and don't even try to acknowledge their opinion.
You're out here talking about culture war, which one of the videos in your screenshot is about the culture war. Ironically enough the only video about the left/right thing is that one I recommended that you should really watch. I wasn't going to post it but now I will.

For those of you who don't have time skip to 16:20, and in future keep an eye out, you'll start to notice things

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain that if I was someone that held similar ideological social views as yourself then you would have clicked away without a care in the world - the fact you still haven't watched the clip in question is quite telling imo.

Not true. I try to swerve all reactionary culture war content on Youtube. One reason for doing so is because I don't want my recommendations filled up with things that im generally not massively interested in. The other reason is my distrust of sources whose careers/incomes are based off of reacting in a way their audience expects/wants them to.

This is not a left right thing. Take the well known lefty streamer Hasanabi, I most likely share 'some' political views of his yet I cant bring myself to watch any of his content because I know that he's ultimately stoking culture war issues via hyperbole for his own profit.

Culture wars + Youtubers/Streamers is just a massive swerve for me. As I previously said if im wrong in this instance then its my loss but my rule of thumb of avoiding reaction channels with clickbait titles and shock faces has served me pretty well so far.

Last edited:
Not true. I try to swerve all reactionary culture war content on Youtube. One reason for doing so is because I don't want my recommendations filled up with things that im generally not massively interested in. The other reason is my distrust of sources whose careers/incomes are based off of reacting in a way their audience expects/wants them to.

This is not a left right thing. Take the well known lefty streamer Hasanabi, I most likely share 'some' political views of his yet I cant bring myself to watch any of his content because I know that he's ultimately stoking culture war issues via hyperbole for his own profit. Also in my original post none of my criticisms were things specific to the right, they were all comments about things I consider to be red flags on all YouTube content.

Culture wars + Youtubers/Streamers is just a massive swerve for me.

Same here. I have zero time for any Culture war nonsense, for the same reason.

The YouTube algorithm starts pushing more and more of those types of videos on your feed and it's just an absolute waste of time and air when there are very real issues that people are ignoring in favour of it all.

Same here. I have zero time for any Culture war nonsense, for the same reason.

The YouTube algorithm starts pushing more and more of those types of videos on your feed and it's just an absolute waste of time and air when there are very real issues that people are ignoring in favour of it all.
"I don't have any time for the culture war nonsense yet I'm happy to buy into the culture war nonsense and label people bigots, incels, 'ists and 'phobes"

Have any live action remakes been on par with the original animated version yet? There's a certain charm to the animated versions that the remakes lose in translation.

Out of the few I've seen I thought Aladdin was done really well. I really hated The Jungle Book (I thought Netflix' Mowgli was better) and I felt ripped off after paying to go see The Lion King. TLK especially felt like it lost a whole heap of charm by trying to do realistic animals. I get what they were trying to do but seeing animals do human smiles and facial expressions in the cartoon was much more entertaining than watching a weird episode of Planet Earth.

"I don't have any time for the culture war nonsense yet I'm happy to buy into the culture war nonsense and label people bigots, incels, 'ists and 'phobes"

Incels might plunge themselves in to culture war crap, but they were around well before it became a thing.

So were racists and homophobes.

Last edited:
Out of the few I've seen I thought Aladdin was done really well. I really hated The Jungle Book (I thought Netflix' Mowgli was better) and I felt ripped off after paying to go see The Lion King. TLK especially felt like it lost a whole heap of charm by trying to do realistic animals. I get what they were trying to do but seeing animals do human smiles and facial expressions in the cartoon was much more entertaining than watching a weird episode of Planet Earth.
Oh no no no! the Aladdin remake was God awful!! Sort of highlights my point as well, in the animated version seeing Iago flay around and talk was a natural part of the film but for some reason Disney felt the need to turn him into a one word pirate parrot, why I'm not sure, maybe they thought having a talking bird would be a stretch in a movie about a genie and magic?

Last edited:
Ummm, you might want to look back through history...
There may have been a few outliers in history, McCarthyism or the witch trials but never to this degree where just because they disagree over something they jump to labeling someone, hell the words have lost all meaning thanks to the internet and certain people of a political or social leaning.

Back
Top Bottom