The Little Mermaid (05/2023) live-action Disney remake

An answer on quora summed it up nicely really:

As others have stated, Ariel was not named in the original version of the The Little Mermaid. In addition, many events in the story, including the ending, are quite different from the Disney version.

I have a hard time understanding why some people are making such a big deal about the color of an imaginary creature’s skin, particularly when the rest of the story is so different.
So yeah whilst the original Danish Little Mermaid was described in the story as having white hands and legs (rose petal complexion), not much else remains the same to the original story post-Disney, so it's much of a muchness as far as remakes go.

Long and short of it, who cares lol. The movie may well end up being trash as a movie, but oh well.

I dunno about incels but you cant blame someone for not wanting to watch that video.

For starters it has the cliche thumbnail style that all dross tier YouTube channels use and looking at their upload history does not inspire confidence that their content will be chock full of top content, high level ideas and interesting discussion.

It looks like yet another very low quality culture war channel for kids/teens/idiots absolutely balls deep in culture war nonsense. I can literally feel myself losing braincells looking at those video titles.

Screenshot-2022-09-17-at-22-59-45.png

I mean cmon, who are we trying to kid ? this content is clearly aimed at a young audience. Or maybe I have it all spectacularly wrong and its actually super high quality content, if so then its slightly confusing why they seemingly like to market their channel using the same methods the worst YouTube channels use.

They even have the token 'shock' face on some of the thumbnails lol
What a stupid post. It is interesting how desperately you are trying to dismiss their opinion. It’s almost like you are trying your hardest to avoid discussing the actual video that was posted. Now I wonder why people are so desperate to dismiss their opinion rather than tackle what they said head on.

Do you see the video in the bottom left. Something tells me you need to watch it.

What a stupid post. It is interesting how desperately you are trying to dismiss their opinion. It’s almost like you are trying your hardest to avoid discussing the actual video that was posted. Now I wonder why people are so desperate to dismiss their opinion rather than tackle what they said head on.

Do you see the video in the bottom left. Something tells me you need to watch it.
It's a pretty standard play from folks with a certain social and ideological slant people, attack the character of the poster or in this case the channel, rather than what they are saying. I don't expect anything less unfortunately.

Circular argument isn't it, totally silly as the movie will just be trash like the other live action versions of Disney movies anyway :D
m2-jpg.433707

Last edited:
Circular argument isn't it, totally silly as the movie will just be trash like the other live action versions of Disney movies anyway :D
m2-jpg.433707

I don't follow all this internet/twitter/YouTube stuff people seem to refer to, my only real experience of this is in this thread.

However I can definitely say that replacing a white cartoon character with live action black actress is not a problem.

However, replacing a black actors actual performance with a white cartoon (CGI), without their permission, is problematic.

The cartoon isn't going to have any feelings on the matter.

Last edited:
However I can definitely say that replacing a white cartoon character with live action black actress is not a problem.

However, replacing a black actors actual performance with a white cartoon (CGI), without their permission, is problematic.

The cartoon isn't going to have any feelings on the matter.
Why? It's no different to the 100's of other deepfakes out there.

Last edited:

I haven't dismissed anyone's opinion.

I just pointed out that imo it looks like a generic reactionary youtube channel and that's probably a reason some people are hesitant to watch it.

If it's not that then fine, my loss.

Last edited:
Imagine of you actually really cared other than just a passing rolling eyes.
Disney is now a heap of ****.
Everyone has seen media companies hoovering up each other over the past 20 years and this kind of garbage all they are capable of now.
Honestly the west is done. It hasn't produced anything new in decades and its just consuming itself.
I welcome our Chinese/islamic overlords I'll be much happier reading Qur'an 16h a day or being forced to work in a paddyfield/foxcon fab plant.
I worship the leader, the leader is good, the is great
I surrender my will as of this date.

Imagine of you actually really cared other than just a passing rolling eyes.
Disney is now a heap of ****.
Everyone has seen media companies hoovering up each other over the past 20 years and this kind of garbage all they are capable of now.
Honestly the west is done. It hasn't produced anything new in decades and its just consuming itself.
I welcome our Chinese/islamic overlords I'll be much happier reading Qur'an 16h a day or being forced to work in a paddyfield/foxcon fab plant.
I worship the leader, the leader is good, the is great
I surrender my will as of this date.

All that over pigment change in a disney film about a mermaid lol.

They made the mermaid black the west is lost. Get a life.

Last edited:
I haven't dismissed anyone's opinion.

I just pointed out that imo it looks like a generic reactionary youtube channel and that's probably a reason some people are hesitant to watch it.

If it's not that then fine, my loss.
Does anyone else smell gas?

BS, your trying to tell me that it is normal for people to check out historical videos on a channel before watching the video that has been linked. Yeah and the video thumbnail really puts people off watching the video. :rolleyes:

Go gaslight yourself in the corner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom