The Liverpool Club Thread. **No Spoilers**

Don
OP
I'd have bet my left nut that he was being sold. We're not loaning him out last January when we're in a battle for the title and CL if there's any chance of him featuring long-term. He was our best defender for a long time but we've moved on now and he's not good enough on the ball to play as a full back in our side anymore. I'm expecting to see Hoever (alongside Gomez) covering Trent this season.

Man of Honour
Thats got to be it for Clyne now, it was always a big ask for him to make it back into the team given the combination of his injuries and the breakthrough of the younger players but yet another extended period on the sidelines has got to put any hopes of ever coming back to the team in the bin now.

Soldato
whilst Milner is great when he covered right back he was horrid, I think klopp knew that too so would have used Clyne this season.

He won't get the assists trent does but he is solid enough

That's om position I don't want to see him cover again. He is fine for left back though.

This injury though will mean he is done for with us regardless

Don
OP
That first part makes no sense. Klopp literally picked Milner ahead of Clyne in the first half of last season and then still let Clyne leave on loan in January so Milner's performances clearly didn't change Klopp's view on where Clyne stood. Even Milner's not likely to feature at RB unless we have a major injury crisis - you've got Gomez and possibly/probably Hoever covering Trent before you even get down to Milner. There's a reason why Klopp's picked Milner at fullback a lot and it's not because Milner's a great defender, it's because fullbacks in our side are very much midfielders and Clyne's just not comfortable enough on the ball.

All the reports were that Clyne was being sold with the likes of Palace and Bournemouth interested. The only thing this injury changes from our point of view is that we're going to miss out on £7-10m from a transfer fee.

Caporegime
whilst Milner is great when he covered right back he was horrid, I think klopp knew that too so would have used Clyne this season.

He won't get the assists trent does but he is solid enough

That's om position I don't want to see him cover again. He is fine for left back though.

This injury though will mean he is done for with us regardless
Gomez can play RB and did a few times before his injury so we have cover if required.

Don
OP
A little update on Alisson's injury - no exact timescale given other than "a few weeks". I'd guess we won't see him back until after the International break now but then again, Gomez was only meant to be out for 4-6 weeks last season and that ended up being 4 months.

Man of Honour
Its been reported in some media that Adrian was injured by a pitch invader after the super cup game and is out of action too now. We'll end up sticking VVD in goal at this rate lol

Don
OP
Couple of bits of news today. The first bit wasn't really news although has been made formal - the plans we have for the Anfield Road expansion (up to 58k) will be allowed to lapse with the club planning to submit new plans that will take the capacity over 60k. This has been known for quite sometime but the club decided to make a formal statement on it. The other news is that Ox has signed a new 4 year contract - fingers crossed he can have a bit of luck with fitness because he can offer us a lot of the things we lacked last season.

Don
OP
I don't think you can tar all agents with the same brush but that was a mad statement to make. He's basically admitting that Liverpool agreed to sell Duncan but that he failed to find a single club that would make a permanent offer. The stuff about stress and mental health is a very dodgy path to go down, especially considering the tweets of his that have since been dug up, on top of various other questionable things.

Not a massive surprise to find out he's also Saido Berahino's agent though.

Man of Honour
I don't think you can tar all agents with the same brush but that was a mad statement to make. He's basically admitting that Liverpool agreed to sell Duncan but that he failed to find a single club that would make a permanent offer. The stuff about stress and mental health is a very dodgy path to go down, especially considering the tweets of his that have since been dug up, on top of various other questionable things.

Not a massive surprise to find out he's also Saido Berahino's agent though.

Yeah, its a ridiculous statement, if this sort of occurence affects him so much that he cant leave the house for 4 days then how on earth will he ever cope with the rigours of first team professional football. Its not really a statement that paints his client in a particularly good light either.

Don
OP
Liverpool and New Balance headed to court over our kit manufacturing agreement. Liverpool have agreed a deal with Nike for £30m per year + 20% of all sales (briefs from the club valuing this at a total of £70-80m per year) and as part of the current New Balance deal they have the option to match any rival offer which they say they have done but Liverpool have rejected. It would seem the case rests on the exact wording of the current agreement as New Balance simply matching the £30m + 20% doesn't necessarily mean they've matched Nike's offer due to Nike's distribution network and the fact that their offer includes the likes of Serena Williams, LeBron James and Drake marketing Liverpool products.

Back
Top Bottom