The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Man of Honour
Giving the series a rating myself, I find myself wanting to say 8/10 as that’s how good I felt the last episodes were (maybe even 9/10 for the last episode). But the earlier episodes were a lot weaker.

So I leave the series with the excitement of 8/10, but concede that it’s been more of a 7/10 overall.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Entirely foreseeable twists to that I'm afraid.
Interesting to see Halbrand teleport across the entire continent in seemingly moments! It just tied in with what others have pointed out that there's just no sense of time or scale to it.
Enjoyed Elrond yet again, him and Durin are the two brightest lights in an otherwise general unlikeable cast.

Soldato
Giving the series a rating myself, I find myself wanting to say 8/10 as that’s how good I felt the last episodes were (maybe even 9/10 for the last episode). But the earlier episodes were a lot weaker.

So I leave the series with the excitement of 8/10, but concede that it’s been more of a 7/10 overall.
I feel like you are trolling us

Caporegime

I feel like you are trolling us

In what way? Did you mean to quote me?

Yes. It's quite possibly the worst programme ive seen in my life. I just can't fathom how anyone out there can even slightly enjoy this trash that's thrown at us. It's a writing travesty

Well I agree with Nitefly. Of the streaming shows that have been out at the moment such as She Hulk, Andor, Game of Thrones and this, this is the only one I have discussed weekly over messenger with my friends.

7/10 overall seems fair, but the later episodes (final 4) were definitely better overall and got better each week.

Soldato
Well I agree with Nitefly. Of the streaming shows that have been out at the moment such as She Hulk, Andor, Game of Thrones and this, this is the only one I have discussed weekly over messenger with my friends.

7/10 overall seems fair, but the later episodes (final 4) were definitely better overall and got better each week.
But you are literally saying that you are comparing a poo to another poo. It's still just poo at the end of the day!

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Phew hard work wading through all the posts to get to the actual discussions.

Thought it was good with my limited knowledge of the lore. It was a little clunky in places but overall I think it was a good first attempt to set the scene.

Couple of questions.

if that was Gandalf thought he doesn't appear until the 3rd age.

Also thought the Balrog is asleep and doesn't get awaken until Dwarves dig too deep in Moria.

Again 3rd age cause Moria doesn't exist yet?

Last edited:
Soldato
I don’t understand why people who don’t like it as much as they do have to pipe up and question others opinions.

Don’t like it? Then 1/10 and a “firm pass for me next season”.

/bored of it.

I will say 6/10 for a few setting the tone based episodes. The timeline was rushed, could have increased episode count to about 12 and perhaps reduced a lot of that grumbling.

8/10 for the last 3 of 4 episodes. Very enjoyable with enough of the class from the original films thrown in to feel like it works.

9/10 for the last episode losing out only to a few time line issues and some rather obvious issues with some cast members not being very well placed but that’s an issue with the entire season and one that will follow in to season 2.

7/10 overall for me, if I was to be grumpy I’d say 6.5/10 however if I base the overall on the final episodes now the scene setting nonsense has been played out and put to bed, I’d say 7.5/10!!

Well worth the watch, not quite worth its budget but that’s just issues with casting and a few issues with the timeline that spoils that.

Ignore those and you have a banger of a series.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Slow start but agree with most of the normal, non politically brainwashed, people in here, got better and better as it progressed.

For all of the hate for the likes of Lenny Henry, who must've had no more 10 minutes on screen time in over 8 hours, and the actress playing Galadriel received, the only actor that I thought stuck out like a sore thumb Halbrand. Not sure if it was his accent or his acting but I found him painful to watch all series. Everyone else was good to excellent.

Looking forward to the second series.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Slow start but agree with most of the normal, non politically brainwashed, people in here, got better and better as it progressed.

For all of the hate for the likes of Lenny Henry, who must've had no more 10 minutes on screen time in over 8 hours, and the actress playing Galadriel received, the only actor that I thought stuck out like a sore thumb Halbrand. Not sure if it was his accent or his acting but I found him painful to watch all series. Everyone else was good to excellent.

It's just sheer coincidence they went after a woman and a black man

/s

Associate

To be fair Morfydd wasn't great, a combination of poor acting ability and poor directing, the latter being one of the main problems with this show.

Lenny Henry was no more annoying than any of the other half foots, i'm glad they seem to be leaving most of them behind.

I agree about Halbrand.

Associate

I found Halbrand was a little awkward at times but overall was fine. Galadriel had no range of facial expressions or acting. The writing didn’t help with character at all, hopefully they will work on this ready the next series.
The majority of the casting was fine, one of the stand out cast was the star man.

Soldato
Just saw an article where the show runners said Sauron in season 2 is going to be like Walter White. They really don’t get the characters at all do they? He’s not an anti-hero or a sympathetic villain, he’s a very naughty boy.

Associate

Look, if all you are going to do is post meme's then please go make a new thread. By all means post to your hearts content in it. Nobody will stop you, but it will allow this thread to be useful to the people who actually want to discuss the show, without having to look at your crap all the time.

Soldato
Look, if all you are going to do is post meme's then please go make a new thread. By all means post to your hearts content in it. Nobody will stop you, but it will allow this thread to be useful to the people who actually want to discuss the show, without having to look at your crap all the time.

How is stopping you posting? Oh and by the way who made you arbiter of what counts as actually wanting to discuss the show?

Some people find the memes a good laugh, always the same with you people isn't it? Always want to STOP debate and people contributing...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom