The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
To be fair Morfydd wasn't great, a combination of poor acting ability and poor directing, the latter being one of the main problems with this show.

Lenny Henry was no more annoying than any of the other half foots, i'm glad they seem to be leaving most of them behind.

I agree about Halbrand.

She's very poor, miscast, poor acting ability, totally wrong "voice" for an ethereal elf, no charisma, no presence or menace, she just sounded daft when trying to epic, and moved as if on rails, very unnatural - although amazon in their wisdom seem to have portrayed the elves very poorly indeed, and of course too short!

:cry:

The Harfoots were a disaster I wonder if they'll slowly sunset them for S3?

Halbrand was just bland and bland was a fair performance in this show.

Soldato
Just saw an article where the show runners said Sauron in season 2 is going to be like Walter White. They really don’t get the characters at all do they? He’s not an anti-hero or a sympathetic villain, he’s a very naughty boy.

This is modern entertainment's interpretation though, can't just have simple good and evil yarns any more, oh no, now we have to feel sorry for villains.

Soldato
Phew hard work wading through all the posts to get to the actual discussions.

Thought it was good with my limited knowledge of the lore. It was a little clunky in places but overall I think it was a good first attempt to set the scene.

Couple of questions.

if that was Gandalf thought he doesn't appear until the 3rd age.

Also thought the Balrog is asleep and doesn't get awaken until Dwarves dig too deep in Moria.

Again 3rd age cause Moria doesn't exist yet?

For your questions in the spoiler tag:

Gandalf doesn't show up until the 3rd age, there's a very vague mention in the Unfinished Tales which people say he might have been to Middle Earth prior.

Durins Bane does not get woken until the 3rd age indeed, however we don't know what this Balrog was doing prior to that, as he was a servant of Morgoth

Moria has existed since the Years of the Trees before the First Age.

Reactions: Kyo
Associate
How is stopping you posting? Oh and by the way who made you arbiter of what counts as actually wanting to discuss the show?

Some people find the memes a good laugh, always the same with you people isn't it? Always want to STOP debate and people contributing...

But you are not debating or contributing are you? Just posting silly meme's that bring nothing to the debate. Your very own words are below, note you say you don't want to discuss the show any longer..

Apart from the memes - that's my final word on Season 1.

I am not an arbiter, but the mods have already stepped into this thread before. If you are not happy with what I am saying, please feel free to report me and let them decide.

Caporegime
But you are not debating or contributing are you? Just posting silly meme's that bring nothing to the debate. Your very own words are below, note you say you don't want to discuss the show any longer..

I am not an arbiter, but the mods have already stepped into this thread before. If you are not happy with what I am saying, please feel free to report me and let them decide.

Quit whinging. If you don't like them you can block him and leave the rest of us to make our own minds up. I for one find a fair few of the memes funny, and judging by the responses so do others.

Soldato

Aren't I? If people like the memes and they do that's a contribution is it not? - And isn't it actually the case that then people who are being disruptive and aren't contributing are the people who are continually trying to stop others from posting - that seems awfully disruptive to me, and not really a contribution at all. Just telling people you disagree with to shut up and stop posting...:confused:

A chap can change his mind can't he?

No, you're not the arbiter, so stop acting like you are...

;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Why did they make those stupid rings. Mithril isn't even all that. Should have made Arcanite Reapers. Never lose with three of those.

The Elrond cast was really poor in the beginning but he really grew into it by the final episode.

I don't rate the Durin/Elrond bromance as up to much really damned with faint praise really considering the rest of the "plot" lines...it's been a good time-waster for the show back and forth at a funereal pace. But it is fair to say that judging by comments I have read from all over the place that the Elrond/Durin arc has carried the rest of the show.

Last edited:
Associate
Really enjoyed this , a few of the episodes where poor but most where enjoyable.
Only thing I didn't like was there was no sense of distance or time.
Not sure on the Welsh elf though , she should learn to open her mouth a bit more when talking , bet she's a nightmare to lipread

Caporegime
Why do production companies shoot made for TV stuff in cinema format, meaning you end up with letterboxing..?

I understand that films are shot in widescreen format to match the cinema screens, but why not just shoot all made for TV things in 16:9 so you can actually have a bigger, fuller screen...?

It makes no sense to me. If you are shooting something that will be displayed 99.9999% of the time on a 16:9 television, why not shoot it in that aspect ratio?

Last edited:
Soldato
Really enjoyed this , a few of the episodes where poor but most where enjoyable.
Only thing I didn't like was there was no sense of distance or time.
Not sure on the Welsh elf though , she should learn to open her mouth a bit more when talking , bet she's a nightmare to lipread

She's trying to look tough, Clint Eastwood could pull it off (even right back to the Man With No Name Trilogy), Morfydd Clark? not so much...

:D

Back
Top Bottom