The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Associate
Quit whinging. If you don't like them you can block him and leave the rest of us to make our own minds up. I for one find a fair few of the memes funny, and judging by the responses so do others.

If asking someone to make another thread and take the immature meme's to that thread is whining, it seems to me like you have some growing up to do, and a wide world out there to experience. Good luck in your endeavors :)

Aren't I? If people like the memes and they do that's a contribution is it not? - And isn't it actually the case that then people who are being disruptive and aren't contributing are the people who are continually trying to stop others from posting - that seems awfully disruptive to me, and not really a contribution at all. Just telling people you disagree with to shut up and stop posting...:confused:

A chap can change his mind can't he?

No, you're not the arbiter, so stop acting like you are...

;)

You love to try and play the victim, but where exactly have I tried to be disruptive, telling you to shut up and stop posting? I just asked to take the meme's to a more suitable thread, so the people who want to discuss it, can do so properly without the silly meme's and hidden racism/discrimination. Another thread has already been suggested by others in this thread, due to your posts in this thread. If I was the arbiter, you would have already been shadow banned have no fear :p I ain't one though, and wasn't acting like one either, so again, stop trying to play the victim.

Soldato
If asking someone to make another thread and take the immature meme's to that thread is whining, it seems to me like you have some growing up to do, and a wide world out there to experience. Good luck in your endeavors :)

You love to try and play the victim, but where exactly have I tried to be disruptive, telling you to shut up and stop posting? I just asked to take the meme's to a more suitable thread, so the people who want to discuss it, can do so properly without the silly meme's and hidden racism/discrimination. Another thread has already been suggested by others in this thread, due to your posts in this thread. If I was the arbiter, you would have already been shadow banned have no fear :p I ain't one though, and wasn't acting like one either, so again, stop trying to play the victim.

LOL! You've literally just said stop posting memes...

Why is this thread unsuitable for memes? there's threads all over this forum with memes in, people like them!

As for "racism and discrminiation" i'd say accusing people of that is disruptive...

No-one is trying to play the victim, but you ARE trying to moderate the thread. You've just done so by trying to ban memes...

:D

Caporegime
Already a thread in GD for memes :)

Caporegime

There is. However these ones are pertinent to this show and thus thread.

I was going to post the same.
If he posted in general drivel discussion he would probably find more who would agree with him as well. Many there guided by hatred rather than logic would be on the same page.

Maybe Mofrydds favourite actor was Bronson, he of remarkably similar non-emotion.

There is a point about her in regards the roles, if you watch her though its not so much that its just the face expressions, they actually are there, just quite supressed. Its the other movements etc that don't happen either that make her seem wooden.

Anyway, i'm going with a 6/10 for my final rating. Enjoyed it, but too many, "just why" moments overall to warrant more for me.
Its defo got better and would be a 7/10 for the second half. Its for sure got a load of potential.
The dwarves are 9.5/10 just need more.
I actually OMG actually like the harfoots as well, storyline isn't great with them, but its not half as bad as the blinkered haters make out IMO.
Numenor thread is probably most disappointing for me.

They clearly have some nods to PJ and as such they probably should have made sure they got more of them in earlier rather than seemingly coming towards the end of S1.
Looking forwards to S2+

Soldato
Just watched the finale. I'm afraid I'm a bit non-plussed about the whole series. Nice to look at but not that captivating and too many annoying characters. Can't say I'm jonesing for S2.

Soldato
Just watched the finale. I'm afraid I'm a bit non-plussed about the whole series. Nice to look at but not that captivating and too many annoying characters. Can't say I'm jonesing for S2.

It's Tolkien, only this time "re-imagined" by the people who brought you Dawson's Creek and Twilight.

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
As someone who's never read the books and only seen the film's

why the hell do the rings look nothing like "the ring" !?
If you'd listened to the film (or even the song at the end of the finale) you'd know this is not the ONE ring. The one ring controls those who wear these, and others.

Soldato
If you'd listened to the film (or even the song at the end of the finale) you'd know this is not the ONE ring. The one ring controls those who wear these, and others.

I see, I'm pretty causal with LOTR, it's been a while since I've seen the film's and didn't listen to the song at the end tbh. Cheers though :)

Soldato

Technically it doesn't control these three rings, the magic in them is linked (these three lose their power when the one ring is destroyed) but it doesn't actually control them.

The one ring struggled to control the 7 worn by the Dwarfs also due to the Dwarfs mental fortitude.

It did totally control the 9 worn by men though.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
IGN covers the dodgy timeline and points out a few inconsistencies from the books. For someone who doesn't know the lore outwith the films like me, it was a decent explanation.

(Warning don't watch this video if you haven't seen it yet ****Major Spoilers****)

Can we all agree to please try and keep the clutter from the thread. No offence but the memes and jokes don't add anything to the discussion.

Last edited:
Soldato
IGN covers the dodgy timeline and points out a few inconsistencies from the books. For someone who doesn't know the lore outwith the films like me, it was a decent explanation.

(Warning don't watch this video if you haven't seen it yet ****Major Spoilers****)

Can we all agree to please try and keep the clutter from the thread. No offence but the memes and jokes don't add anything to the discussion.

In your opinion...

By the way you can just ignore the jokes and memes, or put those that post memes on ignore then you'll never see them. It really is that simple, then those that like the jokes and memes can enjoy the thread too. I have people on this thread on ignore, no need to try and moderate the thread or kick people off I disagree with...that doesn't seem very enlightened or democratic to me, certainly not in keeping with modern social and political thinking either.

;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Well you have a point that there far worse on TV than WOT and ROP. But that's setting the bar pretty low.

I was never a nerd of the LOTR books. But they were simple stories that mostly made sense.
The chopping and changing ROT is doing doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If I have to go to the web to understand the story its pretty bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
I see, I'm pretty causal with LOTR, it's been a while since I've seen the film's and didn't listen to the song at the end tbh. Cheers though :)
Gandalf states it in "Fellowship"

One Ring to rule them all
One Ring to find them,
And in the darkness, bind them.

("Them" in this context referring to the other rings)

Technically it doesn't control these three rings, the magic in them is linked (these three lose their power when the one ring is destroyed) but it doesn't actually control them.

The one ring struggled to control the 7 worn by the Dwarfs also due to the Dwarfs mental fortitude.

It did totally control the 9 worn by men though.

Men are weak and easily corrupted by power. Which is essentially the core message of the books (for someone who saw action in the trenches and lived in the shadow of the rise of the nazis in the 30's, its a political allegory on more than one level)

(sorry, off topic)

Last edited:
Soldato
Gandalf states it in "Fellowship"

One Ring to rule them all
One Ring to find them,
And in the darkness, bind them.

("Them" in this context referring to the other rings)

Men are weak and easily corrupted by power. Which is essentially the core message of the books (for someone who saw action in the trenches and lived in the shadow of the rise of the nazis in the 30's, its a political allegory on more than one level)

(sorry, off topic)

Might be misreading your point, but all doesn't relate to the three though. The three were crafted by Celebrimbor and Sauron had no part in it. He desired them, and wanted to corrupt them.

Soldato
Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Well you have a point that there far worse on TV than WOT and ROP. But that's setting the bar pretty low.

I was never a nerd of the LOTR books. But they were simple stories that mostly made sense.
The chopping and changing ROT is doing doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If I have to go to the web to understand the story its pretty bad.

amazon's story bears no resemblance to Tolkien in spirit and execution, or to the Lore as it is written and understood. It is entirely made-up by amazon studios and their "creatives", if you set out to list all the ways their nonsense contradicts the Legendarium you would still be working hard at it when S2 aired.

Soldato
This was my point earlier.

The show might not be the best, it's watchable but I'm loving that it's opening new people upto this world and starting discussion around it all either on film or written.

Pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom