The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
Shush thread ban boy :D

Again seeing as you seem to struggle to understand English in your rush to dis ROP (have you watched it yet by the way or still just trolling?)
That was the sum total of what we got in the 80s, crap B grade movies.
I don't want to go back to those times due to children who haven't spent any time watching something spending all their time dissing it on the internet.
They may well have been a slew of b grade fantasy made in the 80's but quite a few have become cult classics, the like of Conan, krull, dark crystal etc and they are all better than the dross served up with Amazon's recent offerings.

I know you've stated time and again that you'd prefer bad fantasy being made over nothing, but here you are knocking 'bad' fantasy in your rush to defend rop, strange.

They may well have been a slew of b grade fantasy made in the 80's but quite a few have become cult classics, the like of Conan, krull, dark crystal etc and they are all better than the dross served up with Amazon's recent offerings.

I know you've stated time and again that you'd prefer bad fantasy being made over nothing, but here you are knocking 'bad' fantasy in your rush to defend rop, strange.

Have you watched ROP yet?

Soldato
If you want bad fantasy, watch In The Name of the King. Has Jason Statham, Ray Liotta, Burt Reynolds, Ron Perlman, John Rhys-Davies, and they still manage to fluff it up.
Saw that on the tv listings one night while browsing a while back, think it was around Christmas. Looked at the cast list and wondered how I’d never heard of it before. 10 mins in I stopped wondering.

Soldato
I have no clue what you lot are complaining about. Most of the films you have listed are on my most watched list.

sword and the sorcerer needs to be watched alone :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder how the series writers & showrunners will try to spin that, calling the 2/3's of those who stopped watching this sexist, racist bigots probably won't cut it this time and they might have to admit that its just bad (unlikely) :eek:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime
We ended it about 20min into Episode 1. I remember a 30ton troll getting a roundhouse kick from a 7 stone girl and the troll went flying.

But the cinematography and presentation was superb. Really looked incredible on the OLED.

Something something fantasy movie, has dragons, magic...something something.

Man of Honour
Finally got around to starting this last night.

I knew within the first 10 minutes it was going to be rubbish. But stuck out the first episode. I won't be watching anymore of them. Even my wife said it was painful to watch and she loves this kind of stuff.

As many have said, it looks great. But the acting is poor and it's just plain slow and boring.

Soldato
Finally got around to starting this last night.

I knew within the first 10 minutes it was going to be rubbish. But stuck out the first episode. I won't be watching anymore of them. Even my wife said it was painful to watch and she loves this kind of stuff.

As many have said, it looks great. But the acting is poor and it's just plain slow and boring.
WoW someone bumped this thread that wasn't me!!

You got good taste man!! This is dog **** They are going all out action in season two to try and hide and **** the writers are.

Caporegime
Finished s1

Really enjoyed it actually

Favourite part of the show.
Durin and eldron interaction.

We watched 1 each evening we had free for tv. I liked it more than gf.

Better than witcher. Not as good as GoT. Somewhere in middle.

Acting wasn't best but not worst. Visually superb.
Can't comment on source material as I don't know.
Don't care about "woke" criticism as I don't understand it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom