The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Bezos stepped down as Amazon CEO in mid '21; I don't think he's all that closely involved with this.

Otherwise I agree, it's really quite laughable watching people pretend these numbers aren't good because they have a mardiboohoo over the series.

Hmm is it that long ago, fair point then, whilst he would have been key at that point a good chunk would have been outside his view of influence.

Jassy you would think would be even more "tell me the numbers none of the BS" since he would be far less vanity project than Bezos was.
When founders move on, businesses tend to become far less wed to history and far more basic capitalism in my experience.

Soldato
Not that I care who watches it or doesn't, I just like fantasy being created :)

I am sure they know how to adjust for normal increase in membership and when / if its seasonal etc.
Bezos ain't no moron (/wave Musk) and hes not the sort to have the wool pulled over his eyes. Now of course it could be (like Expanse) he doesn't really care, he wants to project to go ahead and thats the end of it, although unlike expanse I haven't seen him on record with this statement.

Most shows, in fact I have never seen on list viewership figures that doesn't decline, its just how it is.

Haters gonna hate.

You know that not everyone is a lonely middle aged man watching it on their own right?
Viewership minutes / episode length time does not equal number of viewers. Sheesh.
You know just about all the stuff is calculated and not exact right?
Yes streamed minutes will be exact they know that, number of people sitting watching, number watching a downloaded episode etc all have to be extrapolated, just like they always have been.
Big enough moron to let anyone from badrobot near the Lord Of Rings IP lol

Viewing numbers are very easy to put out if the company wants to.

HBO stated they have an average of close to 30million viewers each episode back in September for House of the Draon.

stranger things season 4 did over 81 Billion mins in 28 days.

If the show was a raging success don't be coy with the numbers.

Soldato
I think Rings of power is great, overrall, but then there's not much decent quality sci-fi and/or fantasy sfuff being made. I prefer it over house of Dragon, but then I quite like that too.

Interesting someone mentiond the Expance - I tried really hard to like it, on paper it has everything, but it was just missing that something that would compel me to keep watching, I just couldn't get into it.

Last edited:
Soldato
How far into it did you get?
I watched the first season of The Expanse when it came out but was quite bored with the second season at the time and gave up on it after 3 or 4 episodes (from memory). Zoom forward to last year and I thought I'd give it another go, and watched the whole thing. The last season wasn't that great but overall it was a decent watch.

Soldato
Finished watching it, wasn't as bad as I thought it may be. Some annoying things like
Galadrial taking on a few soldiers single handle and throwing them into the cell.
The harfoot people seemed quite pointless and boring.
Theo needs a slap for how he generally is. His mum is being a bit too much screen time. Was a bit pointless Adar releasing that elf guy and then coming to attack them anyway.
Let's leave Adar locked up with a flimsy chain and unattended.

Having said that, the Sauran reveal was good but then why was he trying to help expand mithril? Looking forward to season 2 which will possibly be in 2024.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Hah

Only managed to scrape in on a top 15 original shows. No wonder they were being coy over figures.

The Boys is a more popular prime show

complete utter failure.

Hah

Caporegime
That's one way of spinning Amazons second most streamed show of 2022 as a failure I guess...

It was second only to a show which has established itself and built it's audience over 3 years (Season 2 of the boys did double the numbers of season 1)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Folk still banging on about liking/not liking this show?!
Yes, somebody decided after 5 weeks of no posts that he needed to laugh at it's "complete utter failure"

Though if you were to actually use some critical thought and compare it only to other new shows that launched in 2022 (as opposed to new seasons of existing shows) it would appear to be in the top 4 for 2022, behind:

Wednesday
Dahmer
Inventing Anna

Back
Top Bottom