The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

normal people who don't want to be hold hostage for a week for marketing and advertising reasons.

Amazon will be making money of this series for decades so I don't know why everyone is so bothered about the budget.

amazon no doubt waste the same amount of money every year on all kinds of nonsense staff perks etc, I doubt they really care.

Held hostage? :cry:

Amazon will never make a dime off this show, never mind making money for decades to come. It will be forgotten about as soon as it finishes.

No-one cares whether Amazon waste their money or not, the point is how on earth have they spent so much to make something so ****?

:D

Yes, but you didn't read it very well apparently. No, I gave on opinion, that's why I said "Most likely", you also have a biased opinion. And, no we don't know that it was 40 million people, or just simple views. Oh and by the way being pedantic isn't really making for a very good argument either.

No-one is watching dude, and we both know what I mean when I say that, it's been a ratings disaster with a massive slump in S2 - whereas as GOT got more and more popular, and HOD had better viewership too...

Just because you like the show doesn't make it more popular than it is...

;)

Yeah of course, I forgot the views are actually from dogs and cats accidentality pressing the remote buttons in the correct order, to make the show play. Not from people at all.

Just because you hate the show doesn't make it less popular than it is...

I will swing back when more data is released, until then, enjoy :)

Yeah of course, I forgot the views are actually from dogs and cats accidentality pressing the remote buttons in the correct order, to make the show play. Not from people at all.

Just because you hate the show doesn't make it less popular than it is...

I will swing back when more data is released, until then, enjoy :)

Dear of dear, this is desperate stuff - cats and dogs? :D

It's not popular, it's a ratings disaster, just because you cannot interpret numbers properly doesn't alter that fact.

Next time you swing back, make sure you thast understand what the data actually is telling you, and that when you come to reading people's posts, you have your reading glasses on. Until then keep on coping!

;)

I know it's subjective, but I find it hard to understand why anyone who has actually watched every episode of both would think this show is better TV than HoTD. I was very frustrated with some of the episodes this season, and let's not even get into how they ended it, but if you look at the acting, world building, character development, ability to hold the viewer's attention in slower moments, etc, it beats RoP in pretty much every department.

I don't even care much for direct comparisons, tbh, but I keep seeing someone mention HoTD as if it's worse TV than RoP, and it's baffling.
I had zero interest in HOD after the way GOT ended and I was a massive fanboi. Tours and exhibitions etc.

I give it a chance now I’m hooked.

They hired competent show runner. Gigs as a writter and creator.

Amazon hired rejects from Bad Robot with a partial credit from the Star Trek film!!

Personally found HOD sent me to sleep about half-way through the first season and second lost my interest 1 episode in. It wasn't bad in the way this is but it would be a toss up if I had to watch one.

Personally found HOD sent me to sleep about half-way through the first season and second lost my interest 1 episode in. It wasn't bad in the way this is but it would be a toss up if I had to watch one.
HOD is definitely the better crafted and written show, no doubt about it. Season two was a tad boring though. Also felt they chopped off the ending in a massive cop out.

I'd still sooner watch it than this atrocity though :p

HOD is so much better, this is laughable fan-fic with some CW level 'shipping, and some daytime soap plotlines. All this while spitting on Tolkien's legacy.

I still can't get over just how bad this not-Gandalf "plotline" is, and the guy who plays him is just terrible, the way he speaks is very modern and completely out of place in a fantasy series. I don't know if that's how he's being directed, or slightly befuddled modern, middle-aged, middle class-ish man is all he knows how to play. But it is a terrible portrayal.

Last edited:
Episode 7 (Spoilers)

I'm not sure why each episode costs so much and we see so little. There's no scale to any of the army or the fighting that's supposed to be taking place, largely from poorly planned shots that that don't show the scale of things. Scale that was apparent in the OT from 20+ years ago, so I'm not sure why they're failing so hard here. Plus, there's far too much "dancing around" during fights. You'd think it was Power Rangers or something with everyone waiting their turn before they miss and roll/tumble away.

Those close up shots of those catapults/trebuchets look like there's only one or two of them. And well, with the way the scene is set up, we know there's only one or two of them. Again, makes it seems less grand in scale. Also, it makes it seem unlikely given their size, that you can lob something so large/heavy so far high into the mountains, and we know they're tall mountains as the clouds cover some of the peaks. No Trebuchet is going to launch any projectile high enough to high mountains that has clouds at their peaks.

The stunt teams continue to sell the ranged hits, so ranged combat looks decent enough. The melee however is still weak, largely from some really odd styles of fighting being chosen for the actors to work with and act out for the camera.

What the heck was that??! The elf maiden falls/faceplants to the ground from the top of the walls and then turns around on the ground from that type of fall with nothing to show for it?? And then waits for the axe to end her? If she was able to survive that faceplant of a fall and turn herself around, she should have been out of there before anything got close to her. lol, the lack of physics again...
:cry:

Er... Did they just try and one up Star Wars? Elrond just went and kissed his Mother In Law???

Plot stupidity. :cry: Sauron is apparently Batman now. Everything that is unlikely to happen they had a contingency in place that was already in action when it's needed. At this level of competency, honestly they should be able to dethrone Eru, much less Middle Earth! :rolleyes:

Ahhh, now here's a bit of scale near the end. But it's not done well. Too much in the shadows in the background, you never get the scale of things at this rate... And.. *looks on as enemies don't both finishing off the clearly struggling elf archer* REALLY??? A dead and dying Elf archer hit with multiple arrows, is able to suddenly compose themselves after taking what is likely several hits and then aim a perfect shot to detonate the explosives, AND after taking SO MUCH TIME to do so??? Is this turn based combat or something? We even get the laughably funny shot that ultimately "finally" finishes them after they succeeded in their shot.

Wow... Your greatest enemy is before you, and you slowly walk around them before drawing weapons... Instead of stabby stab stab right from the get go? Can you imagine arresting a well known major criminal from history and you and your posie wait to surround the target BEFORE you unsheathe your weapons to threaten them?

I know I'm missing Ep 6 spoilers, I did watch it last Thursday and looked for CGI faults, but was busy IRL. May post them another time (and there were a few noticeable CGI/Stunt issues that were laughable).

Though it is a bit vague, in the lore the eagles are supposedly a bit like agents in The Matrix albeit not so actively so, sometimes used by Eru to directly intervene.

Though it is a bit vague, in the lore the eagles are supposedly a bit like agents in The Matrix albeit not so actively so, sometimes used by Eru to directly intervene.

Manwë, I would say over Eru. Although you could argue because he was the King of the Valar everything he did was with Eru's will, and I'm being nit-picky. They were certainly used by Manwë pretty heavily in the first age though. Although it will be interesting to see how they do the only actual involvement Eru has in the Second Age.

Manwë, I would say over Eru. Although you could argue because he was the King of the Valar everything he did was with Eru's will, and I'm being nit-picky. They were certainly used by Manwë pretty heavily in the first age though. Although it will be interesting to see how they do the only actual involvement Eru has in the Second Age.

Was going to mention Manwë but that goes down a lore rabbit hole and/or stuff which is contested and most people aren't interested to that extent.

Back
Top Bottom