The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

There was good and bad. I thought the decay of Celebrimbor was done well, but the elves in the action sequences were not ideal. I am also not convinced that the elves would exhibit the level of fear and distress presented.

There was good and bad. I thought the decay of Celebrimbor was done well, but the elves in the action sequences were not ideal. I am also not convinced that the elves would exhibit the level of fear and distress presented.

Cavalry charges through dense woodland, bogs and river bed.
No archer cover when the orcs were in the open.
No focus fire on the machine attacking the walls.
A walled city with no siege engine defence.
Trebuchets bringing down a mountain.
Where was the discipline of the elves from the books/films?
Where was any kind of leadership?
WTF is Sauron doing? Just wandering about the place yet somehow being the elves amazing leader.
No evacuation of civilians from the affected area of the city.
Elves of 100s or 1000s of years of experience can't even win a duel against a bloody orc.

The Last Alliance, Helms Deep and Pellanor were such good battles that my expectations for Middle Earth battles are so high.

Why is Gil'Galad doing acrobatics with Aeglos?

I’ve gone through the 4 stages, and have arrived at acceptance. The only thing good about this show is the dwarfs, durin, his father etc are the only things remotely well done.

I’ll continue watching since why not, but can’t understand how with the amount of money can they make something so bad. Literally everyone could have died in episodes 7 “battle” and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

I’ve gone through the 4 stages, and have arrived at acceptance. The only thing good about this show is the dwarfs, durin, his father etc are the only things remotely well done.

I’ll continue watching since why not, but can’t understand how with the amount of money can they make something so bad. Literally everyone could have died in episodes 7 “battle” and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

The cheapo Shadow and Bone adaptation was better than this, and that was only YA really, so is WOT, even S2 onwards of The Witcher (what an epic waste that was).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom