The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

I like the person playing Elrond but the high king elf rubs me up the wrong way for some reason.

The issue I have with so many of the characters in RoP is that they aren't anything like what Tolkien intended their race to be. Their actions and behaviour are completely at odds with their supposed intellect/race traits etc. The elves are supposed to be the best example of middle earth. They are supposed to be wise, measured, ethereal, ancient. In RoP they are just like any other race.

The Numenorians are supposed to be the best of the race of men and their civilisation is testament to that and yet pretty much all we see of them is immature brats and a people who are swayed by gutter politics.

Love to see Hollywoke and their toxic access entertainment media having another tantrum because the fans are winning.

:D

Whats wonderfully ironic is that they still cannot fathom that the issue can reside anywhere else but the fanbase. They happily call out fans who won't change their minds and happily speak out about it and yet see no parallels between that and their own insistence that their own views and output is good and that other people are the issue.

The issue I have with so many of the characters in RoP is that they aren't anything like what Tolkien intended their race to be. Their actions and behaviour are completely at odds with their supposed intellect/race traits etc. The elves are supposed to be the best example of middle earth. They are supposed to be wise, measured, ethereal, ancient. In RoP they are just like any other race.

The Numenorians are supposed to be the best of the race of men and their civilisation is testament to that and yet pretty much all we see of them is immature brats and a people who are swayed by gutter politics.

Whats wonderfully ironic is that they still cannot fathom that the issue can reside anywhere else but the fanbase. They happily call out fans who won't change their minds and happily speak out about it and yet see no parallels between that and their own insistence that their own views and output is good and that other people are the issue.

Yeah, it just shows their insane levels of entitlement and narcisscism. The fans were there in some cases 40-50 years before they were with JRRT, and we'll be here long after they have gone yet we're the problem...?

Ok then, maybe we know what Tolkien is and should be and you don't...

But no, you're all wrong and you're all toxic for not accepting our terrible show with it's modern day woke ideology.

They're p*ssed off because when they gaslit SW fans and Marvel fans they kind of won in a way because they have completely ruined those IP's - but it's not worked with JRRT fans, and they cannot stand it. The fans have not bent the knee, instead we have thrown their garbage back into the fires of Mount Doom.

Now they have biggest disaster in TV History on their hands a 1BN show everyone is just laughing at, and it will be forgotten the moment S5 ends, no-one will ever go back and rewatch even the shallow and easily pleased who say they like it now.

The books will remain canon forever, and as for visual canon, as near that can ever be a thing, we'll always have the Trilogy.

:)

Yeah, it just shows their insane levels of entitlement and narcisscism. The fans were there in some cases 40-50 years before they were with JRRT, and we'll be here long after they have gone yet we're the problem...?

I think the issue is that they cannot understand that shows don't fail because of a vocal minority on social media. They fail because people don't watch them or even more likely, people start to watch them and switch off. You can do your best to make a mess of a show or film before it comes out by allowing/encouraging your performers to talk crap that will wind up the fans if you like but fundamentally shows live and die on people watching and enjoying them.

I am still in the statistics for watching RoP because I am trudging through it in the hope it gets better (and out of a morbid curiosity as to how they will continue to ruin it). A watch is a watch. If millions were doing the same it would be hailed a success. They clearly are not though. Most people are not invested enough in Tolkien to stick with this and they aren't invested enough to watch it for enjoyment.

They are the literal embodiment of the Skinner meme. "Are we making shows people don't enjoy or want to watch?"

I think the issue is that they cannot understand that shows don't fail because of a vocal minority on social media. They fail because people don't watch them or even more likely, people start to watch them and switch off. You can do your best to make a mess of a show or film before it comes out by allowing/encouraging your performers to talk crap that will wind up the fans if you like but fundamentally shows live and die on people watching and enjoying them.

I am still in the statistics for watching RoP because I am trudging through it in the hope it gets better (and out of a morbid curiosity as to how they will continue to ruin it). A watch is a watch. If millions were doing the same it would be hailed a success. They clearly are not though. Most people are not invested enough in Tolkien to stick with this and they aren't invested enough to watch it for enjoyment.

They are the literal embodiment of the Skinner meme. "Are we making shows people don't enjoy or want to watch?"

They know their shows aren't failing because of a few people on social Media, but they have to find someone to blame and it's always white males because that's who they hate. Because they're racist and misandrist.

There's not much more to it than that, yes, shows only really fail because the normies don't watch them I made that point a few pages back IIRC. And of course there is no "modern audience" for anything either, so the Skinner meme is a perfect fit, they're making shows for themselves and for people who don't exist.

Activists don't watch, activists don't buy, and activists don't engage with anything, they just move on to crying about something else.

Last edited:
They know their shows aren't failing because of a few people on social Media, but they have to find someone to blame and it's always white males because that's who they hate. Because they're racist and misandrist.
Oh yeah, the two white heterosexual men show running ROP are definitely racist against white people and hate men :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the two white heterosexual men show running ROP are definitely racist against white people and hate men :rolleyes:

Yes, they are. Absolutely they are. That's the white guilt wokey access media and entertainment business for you there's hundreds of these freaks out there - but of course they're not bad people it's those other white people who don't like our garbage shows or our "values". Traditional entertianment media is dying and they're all clinging on for dear life hoping that sucking up to woke activism is going to save them - it isn't!

:D

Back
Top Bottom