The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Gandalf shouldn’t even be there for a start.

Guyladriel. Well Allyexpress could have did a better version of Galadriel.

I get what you saying about better writing and direction but they have no intention in going down that route and outright refuse help even when offered.

The showrunners are probably dumbfounded at the criticism and just brush it off.

Last edited:
Gandalf shouldn’t even be there for a start.

Technically he wasn't there as Gandalf in that age, but there is a basis for the being visiting earlier in the source material (so to speak) and it would probably be easier to refer to him as Gandalf rather than bore mainstream viewers with the intricacies of Maia and Istar, etc. that is one of the least of the problems with the show.

and looking at the plummeting viewing figures (50-70% drop), the mythical "modern audience" doesn't seem to like it either, what a shocker!

The Forbes writer has been very anti ROP from the outset, so unfortunately that's a biased take.

I'd like for streaming services to start releasing actual data that isn't hiding anything though, so we know for sure.

The Forbes writer has been very anti ROP from the outset, so unfortunately that's a biased take.

I'd like for streaming services to start releasing actual data that isn't hiding anything though, so we know for sure.
Which element(s) of the article can be discounted because its 'biased take'?

The part were he talks about the bad viewership figures (backed up with sourced numbers)?
The aforementioned drop in numbers because its a bad show?
The part were he talks about good shows increasing viewership season on season?

Last edited:
‘Tuning in’ for the first ep… dis gunna be gud… I hope :p

I remember the middle of the first season being pretty poor but thought it recovered, who knows what I’m in for now :D

Finished the ep. just now as too tired to finish yesterday. Was alright; bit of a middling ‘stuff is happening’ affair tbh.

Visually I thought it looked really good (I love the warm filters etc.) up until it suddenly got really, really dark (as in, not bright)… I struggled to see what was going on, just saw reflections on the TV! I guess I am watching in the day though.

I like the person playing Elrond but the high king elf rubs me up the wrong way for some reason.

The only other comment I have is that some of the violence was a little jarring, not sure how I feel about that.

Last edited:
Which element(s) of the article can be discounted because its 'biased take'?

The part were he talks about the bad viewership figures (backed up with sourced numbers)?
The aforementioned drop in numbers because its a bad show?
The part were he talks about good shows increasing viewership season on season?
The "sourced numbers" are: Not as many people watched the season 2 premier as the season 1 premier

We don't know how the series actually did yet.

The "sourced numbers" are: Not as many people watched the season 2 premier as the season 1 premier

We don't know how the series actually did yet.
Sure we all know now that you lost all interest in it and only watching it since your wife has handcuffed you to the sofa to watch it with her.

Last edited:
Sure we all know now that you lost all interest in it and only watching it since your wife has handcuffed you to the sofa to watch it with her.
I didn't lose interest in it, I watched it until the end after a really good start and unfortunately it got worse and worse.

If I'm going to comment in a thread, I like to actually watch things to form my own opinion rather than parrot other people's views.

For example I was going to watch Joker 2 but C kent already spoiled that for me in a other thread, even though I can guarantee he hasn't watched it himself.

As for my wife chaining me to a sofa, I have my own gaming room I can go to anytime she has dross to watch on TV :p

I didn't lose interest in it, I watched it until the end after a really good start and unfortunately it got worse and worse.

If I'm going to comment in a thread, I like to actually watch things to form my own opinion rather than parrot other people's views.

For example I was going to watch Joker 2 but C kent already spoiled that for me in a other thread, even though I can guarantee he hasn't watched it himself.

As for my wife chaining me to a sofa, I have my own gaming room I can go to anytime she has dross to watch on TV :p
I do like a musical so I'm willing to give it a go!!

Back
Top Bottom