The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
Why are you so wound up about what I think?

It's really weird that people can't handle anyone having an opinion.

Chill, maybe go and watch She-Hulk? that's fun...

I'm not wound up. I've just skimmed this thread and found your contribution ridiculous. I'm trying to work out why you're so invested in this being terrible. You've got a really strong opinion on something that is yet to air. That's the bit I'm struggling to handle, as you put it.

I've not seen She-Hulk yet, it's on the list to watch though. If it's not any good I'll turn it off rather than waste time and energy whining about it incessantly on the internet. I've found a fair amount of Marvel stuff recently hit and miss. I really disliked Doctor Strange 2, but thought Thor: Love and Thunder was great. If everything Marvel produced 100% hit the spot with me then they're probably only appealing to a small proportion of their potential audience. I'd fully expect some of their output simply to not be aimed at me. Switched off Ms. Marvel halfway through as an example. Didn't blow a gasket on the internet mind. :p

Soldato
I'm not wound up. I've just skimmed this thread and found your contribution ridiculous. I'm trying to work out why you're so invested in this being terrible. You've got a really strong opinion on something that is yet to air. That's the bit I'm struggling to handle, as you put it.

I've not seen She-Hulk yet, it's on the list to watch though. If it's not any good I'll turn it off rather than waste time and energy whining about it incessantly on the internet. I've found a fair amount of Marvel stuff recently hit and miss. I really disliked Doctor Strange 2, but thought Thor: Love and Thunder was great. If everything Marvel produced 100% hit the spot with me then they're probably only appealing to a small proportion of their potential audience. I'd fully expect some of their output simply to not be aimed at me. Switched off Ms. Marvel halfway through as an example. Didn't blow a gasket on the internet mind. :p

You're completely wound up, that's why you responded in the way you did, you didn't challenge anything I said, you just didn't like me saying anything. Amazing how many people come onto forums to try and shut down debate.

"You've got a really strong opinion on something that is yet to air. That's the bit I'm struggling to handle, as you put it."

Yawn, here we go again with this tedious straw-man. If you do not wish to speculate, then don't, simple as that. But as always, it is not enough for those who dislike speculation not to participate in it, but they always feel the need to try and prevent others from doing so...

You do not decide when discussion can start and end, so i'll talk about anything I like when I see fit.

Soldato
come on then whineyjoe, what's to laugh at, genuinely interested to know?

Ineffectual gate-keeping ninnies like you who frequent forums, but offer no counter arguments to anything or add anything to the discourse, but instead try and shut down debate by placing their own "timeline" on when discussion can start - and fail miserably at doing so.

This thread is full of this achetype, they don't want to talk about a show speculatively, but that's not enough for them, oh no, they want to prevent everyone else from so, by using the same tired old lines...

Soldato
There is a ton of hate for it from a lot of Youtube reviewers. I will give it a chance but much of the stuff we have seen such are the group of diverse individuals discussing it was nauseating.

All the cast are interested in is talking about how woke the show is, and puffing themselves up in the process, that fat dwarf never shuts her trap about it, although she must be finding plentry of time to stuff bacon into it by the look of her...

Soldato
Ineffectual gate-keeping ninnies like you who frequent forums, but offer no counter arguments to anything or add anything to the discourse, but instead try and shut down debate by placing their own "timeline" on when discussion can start - and fail miserably at doing so.

This thread is full of this achetype, they don't want to talk about a show speculatively, but that's not enough for them, oh no, they want to prevent everyone else from so, by using the same tired old lines...
But you just keep repeating the same whine each time. Add something new to your whine and it might be worth debating.

Soldato
All the cast are interested in is talking about how woke the show is, and puffing themselves up in the process, that fat dwarf never shuts her trap about it, although she must be finding plentry of time to stuff bacon into it by the look of her...
I’ve not heard one word from the ‘fat dwarf’ You know why, I don’t care about what she has to say, well technically I do, I care about how she acts and performs in the actual show not what she or any of the cast want to spout afterwards.

Man of Honour

Found it interesting over the years how quick some are to try and shutdown opinions they don't like by claiming how you can't know something until you've experienced it - yet are quite ready to give their own speculative opinion...

It is probably telling these people generally fail to learn from history time after time.

Soldato
I’ve not heard one word from the ‘fat dwarf’ You know why, I don’t care about what she has to say, well technically I do, I care about how she acts and performs in the actual show not what she or any of the cast want to spout afterwards.

Spouting afterwards?

They've been spouting before...

Soldato
Found it interesting over the years how quick some are to try and shutdown opinions they don't like by claiming how you can't know something until you've experienced it - yet are quite ready to give their own speculative opinion...

It is probably telling these people generally fail to learn from history time after time.

Obviously anyone with more than one functioning brain cell knows that there's no need to mention that an opinion on an event that has not yet taken place is by its very nature - speculative. But of course that doesn't stop the pedantic moron from gleefully pointing that out, thinking they're being clever is some way.

:)

What sort of world do these people live in?

So, no-one is allowed to discuss forthcoming sporting events, the climate crisis, inter-stellar space travel, the economy, elections, future scientific breakthroughs because they haven't happened yet...?

What fun.

:D

V F

V F

Soldato
Obviously anyone with more than one functioning brain cell knows that there's no need to mention that an opinion on an event that has not yet taken place is by its very nature - speculative. But of course that doesn't stop the pedantic moron from gleefully pointing that out, thinking they're being clever is some way.

So, no-one is allowed to discuss forthcoming sporting events, the climate crisis, inter-stellar space travel, the economy, elections, future scientific breakthroughs because they haven't happened yet...?

What fun.

What a shame some people don't know tact. Reading this and some of the other stuff it feels like spending time on twitter rather than a better breed of discussions on the OcUK forums. There has been a real decline taking place here lately since the Covid lockdown. Sometimes you wouldn't know the discussions taking place here if you were on Twitter, Facebook or Reddit. Rather than the conduct of a respectable forum. The attitudes and conduct has spread everywhere from social media these days.

Soldato
Spouting afterwards?

They've been spouting before...
Before, after, doesn’t matter. I don’t pay any attention to actors much unless they are on screen. They very rarely have anything worth listening to as most just waffle on about whatever they think is popular/gets them attention - I guess wokeness is the current go to?

What fun.

Your being a bit silly there.

You’ve made your point about the show likely being dung and for what it’s worth I agree it likely will be, but you don’t have to keep banging on and on about it.

And let’s be honest, it’s a bit daft us arguing or getting worked up over a tv show about hobbits and wizards and orcs.

My biggest issue with this show and indeed the hobbit trilogy is no Liv Tyler. I don’t care about timelines etc, liv Tyler is the bees knees and her absence trumps any woke nonsense that may be in the show - and let that be the end of it :p

V F

V F

Soldato
My biggest issue with this show and indeed the hobbit trilogy is no Liv Tyler. I don’t care about timelines etc, liv Tyler is the bees knees and her absence trumps any woke nonsense that may be in the show - and let that be the end of it :p

To be honest, The Hobbit trilogy had a nicer darker world and story to the build up of Sauron coming back that I really enjoyed. More so The Desolation of Smaug. Even though a lot of people hated that trilogy.

Back
Top Bottom