The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
True enough, however there wasn't anywhere near the amount of 'diversity rules' malarky thrown out by the showrunners or actors with Prey, people were still concerned however. WoT would be comparable, same rhetoric, same basic lack of understanding the source material and that was a ******* dumpster fire of a show.

Soldato
If you re-read that 'Prey' thread there was very little concern at all, other than recent Predator movies had been bad and people worried it was straight to streaming:

A few concerns that a "90lb woman" would be kicking the predators arse, but on the whole a decent enough discussion.

Not like this Trainwreck of a thread.
True enough, however there wasn't anywhere near the amount of 'diversity rules' malarky thrown out by the showrunners or actors with Prey, people were still concerned however. WoT would be comparable, same company, same rhetoric, same basic lack of understanding the source material, same glowing critic reviews and that was a ******* dumpster fire of a show.

Suspended
True enough, however there wasn't anywhere near the amount of 'diversity rules' malarky thrown out by the showrunners or actors with Prey, people were still concerned however. WoT would be comparable, same company, same rhetoric, same basic lack of understanding the source material, same glowing critic reviews and that was a ******* dumpster fire of a show.

I didn't watch WoT or follow that discussion

You mentioned RT previously so I can see the critic score is higher than the audience score, but only by 19% and 81% isn't overwhelmingly "glowing"

In fact if you filter the critic scores by 'top critics' only, it gets 52% which is 'rotten'

If you look at Metacritic in comparison, the reviews from critics are actually lower than the audience score, by 14%

Soldato
Here's my thing about pre judging a show.

It's perfectly valid to have an opinion that the trailer looks bad or from the snippets you've seen that a certain actor is potentially miscast.

Banging on for 8 months+ that the show is going to be the worst piece of woke thing ever is bizzare.

What happens if season 1 turns out to be some of the greatest TV of all time? There's no way people like @Darujhistan can admit that now, they are too invested in it being woke garbage.

But it's not bizarre given EVERYTHING we have heard from the cast etc - they never talk about anything else but wokery...and this is against a backdrop of 5-6 years of constant woke lecturing. And anyway there's always people like you who will defend any old crap and are too invested in brands and frnachises who will say anything is good and can't stand any criticising anything.

If it is good I will say it is good, I said I was pleasantly surprised about HOD after ep 1, except Matt Smith who is about as convioncing as his wig in anything outside of Dr. Who.

Suspended
And anyway there's always people like you who will defend any old crap and are too invested in brands and frnachises who will say anything is good and can't stand any criticising anything.

You can just look at my reviews of things in this area of the forum to see that's not true.

I'm a Marvel cinematic universe fan and didn't like 'Thor: Love & Thunder'

I'm a Jordan Peele fan (back from Key & Peele days) and didn't like 'Nope'

I didn't like Bullet Train

Ironically the best movie I did watch recently was 'Prey'

Suspended
You think She-Hulk is good ffs...

:cry:

I said the first episode was "enjoyable" and haven't seen episode 2 yet.

I like to actually give things a chance.

Can you imagine the internet being as it is now, in 1987 when Star Trek TNG was released? Season 1 and 2 are mostly **** with very few good episodes.

People like you would have written it off straight away.

Soldato
I said the first episode was "enjoyable" and haven't seen episode 2 yet.

I like to actually give things a chance.

Can you imagine the internet being as it is now, in 1987 when Star Trek TNG was released? Season 1 and 2 are mostly **** with very few good episodes.

People like you would have written it off straight away.

If you enjoyed that, especially as someone who I suspect is a huge Marvel fan that I have to cast doubt on your ability to critique TV, or be objective about a show from a brand you're heavily invested in.

I think when you look at ST, that had a long-history of quality writing behind it, therefore, people were prepared to give it a chance, and in 1987 there wasn't the internet, and there wasn't an endless proliferation of content airing all over the place. The M-SHE-U doesn't have any History of quality writing behind it and it also unashamedly woke AF. When OG Trek had a message and wanted to make you think it did so subtletly with quality story-telling, it did not tell you needed to be "educated" and then you call you racist when you said their shows were crap.

So I don't think the comparison is really valid.

Associate
Well, stay out of it then, go and find an "Everything is amazing" echo chamber that reassures you everything you watch is fantastic. All that M-SHE-U crap you love so much must have dozens of fan sites, Discords, forums etc
You don’t think you’re creating your own echo chamber in here with others by droning on about wokery and how bad a show is before it’s come out with posts like the above telling anyone that calls you on it to leave?! Nah, you probably don’t.

V F

V F

Soldato
You don’t think you’re creating your own echo chamber in here with others by droning on about wokery and how bad a show is before it’s come out with posts like the above telling anyone that calls you on it to leave?! Nah, you probably don’t.

God, it feels like school again.

Soldato
Is it an echo chamber when there's differing opinions?

Soldato
Well, stay out of it then, go and find an "Everything is amazing" echo chamber that reassures you everything you watch is fantastic. All that M-SHE-U crap you love so much must have dozens of fan sites, Discords, forums etc
seriously, you need to catch yourself on. that's just about as embarrassing a post as it's possible to make. the person you quoted isn't looking for an everything is amazing echo chamber. it's not hard to see all they are looking for is a thread that doesn't have you constantly crying 'woke' like some demented person possessed with finding fault in something they've never seen.

Soldato

Do you mean like the cast of ROP droning on constantly on about "redressing the balance" "diversity" "representation" "changing the world" "activism" "female empowerment and agency "seeing themselves on screen"" "first this and that on TV (usually found later to be BS)" and their endless self-delusion and selg-aggrandizement, while bareley mentioning Tolkien - you mean that kind of echo chamber?

Soldato
Jesus Christ @Darujhistan, why are you so wound up about something you've never seen? Watch it when it comes out, if you hate it stop after the 1st episode. Is it not that simple? You're coming across as someone who feels they are under personal attack. It's really weird. The entertainment industry serves up what it thinks people want. When it's wrong, it adjusts, otherwise it would cease to be. This has been going on since the dawn of time. If you're so convinced this will be terrible, then nobody will watch it. Chill out.

Soldato
Jesus Christ @Darujhistan, why are you so wound up about something you've never seen? Watch it when it comes out, if you hate it stop after the 1st episode. Is it not that simple? You're coming across as someone who feels they are under personal attack. It's really weird. The entertainment industry serves up what it thinks people want. When it's wrong, it adjusts, otherwise it would cease to be. This has been going on since the dawn of time. If you're so convinced this will be terrible, then nobody will watch it. Chill out.

Why are you so wound up about what I think?

It's really weird that people can't handle anyone having an opinion.

Chill, maybe go and watch She-Hulk? that's fun...

Back
Top Bottom