The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

I absolutely hated it

Terribad, so bad in fact I am going to watch it again so that I can make sure I identify every single bad thing about it, there are just so many bad things about it!!!11!
And then I will watch every other episode that comes out twice as well.

That way I should be 100% on top of everything bad in preparation for internet arguments about how bad it was.

;)

Man of Honour
Enjoying this, although perhaps a little less than the GoT prequel. Some of the casting decisions are just down right bizzare, take Lenny Henry for example. The visuals are epic.

Soldato
I'll give the first two episodes a 7/10.

Fairly decent so far, the production values are of course very impressive, there were some impressive and enjoyable scenes as well which grabbed my attention. Decent enough build up so far seeing as it's just been two episodes although there are some obvious issues:

- In the first fight scene they've kept the super unrealistic legolas style physics that ruined the hobbit trilogy. Why do they keep doing this, it looks so bad.
- What is up with those awful half Irish accents, it doesn't seem to fit in.
- The soundtrack pales in comparison to lotr. Do they not have the rights to adapt some of the original tracks more?
- Lenny Henry, I can't take him seriously, just why cast him?
- I'm a little confused on the character introductions so far but perhaps that just takes time.

Other than that it's quite watchable but it's clear this will never come close to the original films.

V F

V F

Soldato
I think he must have a secret terminal illness only those in the biz know about, thus wanting to give him work.

He was good and funny as the small head (Shrunken Head) on the bus for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I think he's always been zany?

Soldato
He was good and funny as the small head (Shrunken Head) on the bus for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I think he's always been zany?

He's done next to nothing for 40 years of any note, he's been on the gravy train because of who he is. And he's always on hand to do the copmic relief stuff, think of him as a kind of BBC ambassador, and of course he's a go to guy for black issues. But as a comic which is what he began as, he has been inrrelevant for decades. As a comic he has been COMPLETELY outshone and overshadowed by his wife.

He's in it because he's Lenny henry that's what is career has been for decades.

Soldato

I wish to disassociate myself from anything the guy above has just said, whilst I am not that into Lenny Henry as an actor, its nothing like what that guy seems to think. Anyway, as always with me, I will very quickly get used to the idea and forget about it.

Associate
1st episode was fine, a few quibbles but will see where it goes.
Seemed a bit over scored and intrusive, dramatic orchestral music over every bit of dialogue etc.

Soldato
Audience score Rotten Tomatoes down to 37%...

That's right amazon "We have seen what you have seen" and it sucks...no hiding any more behind the shill media, bought influencers and calling the fan base 'ists and 'phobes.

;)

Back
Top Bottom