The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
It’s not even about skin colour or race for me, my issue is with filmography and shots. I’m a cinema aficionado who appreciates a cohesive pallet honestly.

You have these beautiful scenes with blue skies, green trees and fair pointy eared maidens who gracefully light up our screens and then they pan over and it’s just blackness, mood ruining, scene destroying darkness that just doesn’t fit well with the overall scenes. It’s stands out and isn’t cohesive in the overall shots, and was so jarring like poor fps in a game it honestly gave me motion sickness.

Now watching the 2nd episode I had to have a puke bag next to me all because of diversity and inclusion. J R R Martin will be rolling in his winter grave.

Soldato
It’s not even about skin colour or race for me, my issue is with filmography and shots. I’m a cinema aficionado who appreciates a cohesive pallet honestly.

You have these beautiful scenes with blue skies, green trees and fair pointy eared maidens who gracefully light up our screens and then they pan over and it’s just blackness, mood ruining, scene destroying darkness that just doesn’t fit well with the overall scenes. It’s stands out and isn’t cohesive in the overall shots, and was so jarring like poor fps in a game it honestly gave me motion sickness.

Now watching the 2nd episode I had to have a puke bag next to me all because of diversity and inclusion. J R R Martin will be rolling in his winter grave.
So close to being a very good troll, the martin bit just ruined it.

V F

V F

Soldato
I for one am glad they spent so much on the production as my new TV is looking like a great purchase (UHD, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos etc.). I'm entertained so that's mostly what I'm after and as I never do any research for stuff these days mainly because I just ignore mainstream media, social media blah blah blah I was properly chuffed when I realised Lenny Henry was in it playing a harfoot :)

The set pieces were gorgeous. As were the same style and world you saw from The Hobbit. I only managed to watch the first part last night. It's getting me hooked. I loved seeing more of the darker world of Sauron. Will watch it again tonight then part 2.

The quality of the filming, colour grading and the world is so amazing seeing it on OLED. It felt like looking through the window to another world you could reach in. I always loved seeing that with The Hobbit films.

Am I right in saying I recognised the area Galadriel, Gandalf, Saruman, Elrond were in The Hobbit films high up where there is the waterfall? As they discussed in that interesting long sunset. Next to where Thorin showed the map to Elrond as it glowed in the moonlight.

I also recognised what looked to be a young version of Balin trying to look and sound like Ken Stott as well as what looked to be the father, Thror who was corrupted by the gold and Arkenstone.

Lmao people getting upset because a woman is a lead actress is hilarious. Get a grip.

Around the web? If that's getting them wound up, what was Sigourney Weaver in Alien? Lynda Carter in Wonder Woman, Farrah Fawcett and such in Charlies Angels. They were lead women from 40 - 50 years ago.

I also remember in the game, Shadow of War DLC you're the lead character with Galadriel.

Caporegime
Around the web? If that's getting them wound up, what was Sigourney Weaver in Alien? Lynda Carter in Wonder Woman, Farrah Fawcett and such in Charlies Angels. They were lead women from 40 - 50 years ago.

The "anti woke" people on the internet love to use Ripley as the poster girl for what a feminine character should be like.

But in reality, had the internet been around in the late 70's/mid 80's like it is now, they would have ******* hated her.

Soldato
The "anti woke" people on the internet love to use Ripley as the poster girl for what a feminine character should be like.

But in reality, had the internet been around in the late 70's/mid 80's like it is now, they would have ******* hated her.
Why? Explain how. if your default position is 'der woman lead character' then you've totally failed to understand people's point.

Soldato

People of colour don't bother me.

But I'm drawing the line at a wahman lead.

She needs to get back into the kitchen

Associate
Loving it so far... Also looks and sounds amazing on OLED with HDR etc.
Aye, it is most excellent so far visually in Dolby Vision and Atmos on my LG CX. My hopes is the poor handling of certain elements on screen is handled better though as it goes on (background not moving correctly in a particular scene for example).

V F

V F

Soldato
I rather enjoyed the slow pacing, it gives it a chance to breathe. I appreciate it's not to everyone's taste though.

That's what made The Fellowship and An Unexpected Journey so good. It wasn't until 45 minutes in the journeys started and even then it was just barely beginning.

Back
Top Bottom