The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Caporegime
For those of you bothered about the Irish accents. Why doesn't the fact Men are always from the North of England, Dwarves are from Scotland and Elves from Buckingham Palace bother you?

It isn't that the accents of the Harfoots are Oirish, it's that they're inconsistent. Once you've noticed that no two of them have quite the same accent, and that they slip in and out of the accent during the same sentence, it's hard to ignore. It doesn't ruin it for me, but it's definitely there.

Soldato
For those of you bothered about the Irish accents. Why doesn't the fact Men are always from the North of England, Dwarves are from Scotland and Elves from Buckingham Palace bother you?

Seems they were just using the only accent left out from the the British Isles...

As an Irishman myself I can testify to the fact that they were really bad Irish accents. To be fair we're probably the only ones who'll ever notice!

Soldato
As an Irishman myself I can testify to the fact that they were really bad Irish accents. To be fair we're probably the only ones who'll ever notice!
there's a bit of the ole Norn Iron twang keeps appearing too. they really did a shockingly bad job on the accents, spose that's to be expected when most of the actors appear to be straight out of stage school.

Soldato

Seems they were just using the only accent left out from the the British Isles...
The only accent left? The Welsh will be fuming.

Man of Honour
It looks very pretty, but it's soooooo boring! All style and no substance. They really have messed up so badly with the LoTR stuff since the original trilogy of films which were epic. The Hobbit stank and now this :(

Caporegime
The difference between the Shire and Buckland is basically the difference between Devon & Cornwall

That's right, 2 different counties. Considering you can get multiple very distinct accents in just 1 county your point is nonsense. Heck, individuals towns and cities can have inhabitants of varying accents, look at places like London and New York.

Back
Top Bottom