The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Caporegime
To be honest, reviewing any series so early on just seems mad to me.

If a show is released weekly, I think they should hold back user reviews until at least half a season has been released. Gives people time to get in to something and then decide if they like it or not.

Writing off a show (or praising it as the second coming) when only 1 or 2 episodes have been released is mad.

You wouldn't rate Better Call Saul or Sopranos or The Wire on the first two episodes

Soldato
Loving this so far!

seeing rumours than Halbrand could be Sauron in disguise as liked to do around this time. Brutal strength in that alleyway fight and a strong interest in becoming a Smith being the two main reasons people are going with it

Soldato
Let's be honest, review bombing either doesn't exist, or it goes both ways so there will be positive review bombing too and they balance out, certainly no excuse to censor giving opinion, it just throws fuel on the fire

Aren't people more likely to take the time to say something negative than positive?

Soldato
Better than I thought it would be, true in presentation and feel to the original films. The cinematography is more elegant than any of the game of thrones series past or present and it will be rewarded for it as it ages gracefully just as the films have done where other series will not.

It’s better than it’s portrayed by reviewers thus far and the GoT spin off is worse than its reviews would suggest.

A bit of a slow burn but a slow burn is welcoming from time to time.

Caporegime
Lennys accent was a bit more consistent but the hobbits are still generally crud.

I rather liked the deeper look into Harfoot society, the contrast of the communal celebration and then The Book of the Left Behind and the strong implication that if anyone couldn't keep moving the migration they'd just leave them. On the flipside, their overall plot still feels a bit silly and they feel all a bit caricatured. I get the feeling things are going to go bad for them fast when we eventually learn who the Stranger is, the recap at the start emphasised something I'd missed in the earlier episodes at first watch.

have to say Numenor looked spectacular. Lots spent on those opening shots.

I thought the visual language of the design was absolutely on-point, clearly Elven influenced whilst still being distinctively different.

Reactions: Kyo

fez

fez

Caporegime
Its a really weird mix between the good of LotR and the utter crud of the Hobbit. You can't fault the CGI for the most part and the design of the scenery is stunning but its another series that doesn't know what its trying to be.

Man of Honour
Have to say the wider shots though impressive in terms of visual language as put above I almost immediately noticed how static they were and how much duplication and/or procedural generation was used - GOT generally those kind of scenes have signs of activity.

Back
Top Bottom