The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Permabanned
So don't have any expectations or expect the show to make any sense, or to have gopod acting, or to have a convincing plot or story, or convincing carachters, Another riff on now classic corporate defence - "It's not the shows fault, it's your fault you're not entertained"

Just shut and consume I guess.
It is a fantasy story so why would you not just sit and consume and remove your silly critical lense?

Soldato
The dwarfs wouldn't be that pissy about Elrond not coming to his wedding or birth of his children. They didn't even suggest he knew about them so its hardly like it was a massive intentional slight against him and his people.

This was just laughable, I was expecting a tale of betryal, of alliances broken, of a long held grudge or emnity steeped in Lore, but not we got some domestic sqaubbling over a triviality.

How can you take this show seriously or get invested in it?

Soldato
It is a fantasy story so why would you not just sit and consume and remove your silly critical lense?

Because I have higher standards?

Just because the genre is fantasy that doesn't remove it from criticism or the requirement to entertain, what a ridiculous notion.

And as you suggest, why are you bothering to engage in debate about it when you what you should be doing is following your own advice to just "sit and consume"?

Permabanned
Because I have higher standards?

Just because the genre is fantasy that doesn't remove it from criticism or the requirement to entertain, what a ridiculous notion.

And as you suggest, why are you bothering to engage in debate about it when you what you should be doing is following your own advice to just "sit and consume"?
Well you sit and consume other stuff, you just cordon yourself off with your ego and say you have high standards.
Truthfully you just don't agree with my views, but you prefer to be correct at all costs so "Higher standards".

Even though a lot of your points deviate fully from logic, probably because it is a fantasy media.... LOL!

We are seeing a different view and take on the story yet you can't help yourself.

Expectations = inability to go with the flow of what is happening.

ryanreynolds1.jpg

Soldato
Well you sit and consume other stuff, you just cordon yourself off with your ego and say you have high standards.
Truthfully you just don't agree with my views, but you prefer to be correct at all costs so "Higher standards".

Even though a lot of your points deviate fully from logic, probably because it is a fantasy media.... LOL!

We are seeing a different view and take on the story yet you can't help yourself.

Expectations = inability to go with the flow of what is happening.

ryanreynolds1.jpg

Do I?

Like what?

I do have high standards what is wrong with that?

How do my points fully deviate from logic?

You're making no sense whatsoever bu the way, just stringing words together like ROP and hoping it sounds like it makes sense.

Oh the great Ryan Reynolds, one of the World's greatest living philosophers...

So what you are saying is it is better to just seal-clap any old garbage and be grateful? Ok then.

Again why are you bothering to discuss a show that isn't worth it in your opinion when allk you want to do is "sit and consue"? - But we both already know the answer to that don't we? :)

Permabanned
Do I?

Like what?

You're making no sense whatsoever bu the way, just stringing words together like ROP and hoping it sounds like it makes sense.

Again why are you bothering to discuss a show that isn't worth it in your opinion when allk you want to do is "sit and consue"? - But we both already know the answer to that don't we? :)

I have been enjoying it, I never watched the original movies until 2020 so my head is well out of the lore.
I love the psychological story telling it does since mostly TLOTR applies to the human brain in an external setting. Each character showing different parts of our minds, not all of us are developed in all areas.
Not everyone is the same, some people are more developed in one area than another and there is a vastness of in-between too.

In fact there is a lot written on it from the same perspective: http://jungpage.org/learn/articles/...erpretation-of-tolkiens-the-lord-of-the-rings

Now Harry Potter... much more critical eye.

Humans hate change so be careful if you think your opinion is the right one, it's not.
Bolded in red, which links back to my insight of it being a very well represented psychological novel in movie format, since this exists also in our world too not just this fantasy setting, I love the grounded human representation LOTR has, or that could just be a side effect of having work done by a human, we all leave our DNA imprint everywhere.

The grounding is based on a higher perception of the world or one that is also lower too it is not in the common path of the "Norm".
People who have had experiences of the darker side of life tend to either correct it or they just pass it on, nature dictates some of it and our own personality is the one who will consciously or unconsciously carry it out, either way, light or dark.

Full control of both dark and light brings balance to powers of both, the ring is just the distraction, you are always tempted by it, the good of you can soon be drowned out by the dark when you have no understanding of your darker side, and the opposite too when you are born into chaos.

Read for yourself.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Do I?

Like what?

Are you Psycho Sonny's brother?

I don't get why you're sitting and watching it if it's as bad as you seem to be making it out to be.

Man of Honour
I’m still enjoying it. Nice to see a little more of the ‘world’ with the huge city.

Only downsides for me is the plodding pacing of a TV show and the lack of grit/tension you find with Game of Thrones / House of Dragons.

Caporegime
The dwarfs wouldn't be that pissy about Elrond not coming to his wedding or birth of his children. They didn't even suggest he knew about them so its hardly like it was a massive intentional slight against him and his people.

Durin. Not the dwarves, Durin. Elrond describes them as tight as brothers, then blanks him for twenty years, and rocks up expecting to pick up their relationships exactly where he left off.

Soldato
Are you Psycho Sonny's brother?

I don't get why you're sitting and watching it if it's as bad as you seem to be making it out to be.

I don't know who he is.

It is unintentionally very funny in parts, and everyone likes a good train wreck. As a lifelong Tolkien fan, why would I not want to watch it?

Also I am paying for it.

Permabanned
I don't know what your point is.
Apparently you don't know what you type either?

"Again why are you bothering to discuss a show that isn't worth it in your opinion when allk you want to do is "sit and consue"? - But we both already know the answer to that don't we? :)"
- Darujhistan to Tired9.

So Tired9 in response gave Darujhistan the understanding and perspective from himself and the value he finds in the Netflix LOTR: The Rings Of Power so that he could correct Darujhistan's incorrect perception of Tired9.

Darujhistan in return says what is your point?

See why I called you illogical before?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Durin. Not the dwarves, Durin. Elrond describes them as tight as brothers, then blanks him for twenty years, and rocks up expecting to pick up their relationships exactly where he left off.

The Dwarves are very clearly hostile to him. They literally march him through their city and shove him in the back at one point. Its clearly not just Durin that is less than happy with him. They all delighted at the treatment he was getting. There wasn't a look of surprise or confusion on any dwarfs face when Elrond was treated as an enemy.

And to quote every sane human in the real world when someone "doesn't call for years". You could have picked up the phone too. And before you say "he probably tried". There was nothing at all that we saw other than Durin being annoyed and Durin saying "you didn't call or write" and Elrond apologising. There was no suggesting of Elrond actually ignoring Durin or intentionally not communicating. Elves can effectively live forever. 20 years is but a blink of the eye for them.

Associate
What do you love about it?

It's entertaining to watch. Simple as. I don't need to inspect every second of screen time or analyse each frame of a show to enjoy it. I hit play, and lose myself to the story for 70 minutes. It is a TV show after all. The only bad point of the show is that the female dwarves haven't got beards! :)

Soldato
It's entertaining to watch. Simple as. I don't need to inspect every second of screen time or analyse each frame of a show to enjoy it. I hit play, and lose myself to the story for 70 minutes. It is a TV show after all. The only bad point of the show is that the female dwarves haven't got beards! :)

So nothing specfiic, but you are entertained. That's fine.

Back
Top Bottom