The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Watched ep 1 and felt it was a yawnfest. Some nice visuals but overly too bright and "smooth" - hard to describe. This was even in 4K HDR.

House of the Dragon far more gripping/enjoyable.

Musk appears to be sound in this case on the show.

I didn't mind Galadriel being a elf ninja, I just wondered why all the other elves where pants/got smashed up/did bugger all. :cry:

Basically extras (light blue star trek shirts) so that Captain Kirk Galadriel could be shown as being uber I think
You wont see them again, don't get too hung up on their ability (or lack there of)

Associate
I didn't mind Galadriel being a elf ninja, I just wondered why all the other elves where pants/got smashed up/did bugger all. :cry:
I guess for the same reason you didn't see all the Elves in Helms deep skating on shields ;)

Oh, so you are conflating strength with an ability to be a warrior. Ok.
Combine that obvious physical strength with being thousands of years old, described as a leader and a commander (akin to an Amazonian) by Tolkien and known to be one of the most powerful beings in M.E and you think she can't take on a troll? Ok. I mean, she yeeted that Orc off the planet in the Hobbit movie and no-one batted an eyelid.

Soldato
Who knows, hopefully we at least find out in season 1 !

I hope we don't find anything more out about Tom in this series at all, mostly because Tom is enigmatic for a reason. I'd be quite happy for him to have a cameo, sing a song, do a dance, get decapitated and then disappear back off again.

"even in a mythical Age there must be some enigmas, as there always are. Tom Bombadil is one (intentionally)" ~ Tolkien

Soldato
Combine that obvious physical strength with being thousands of years old, described as a leader and a commander (akin to an Amazonian) by Tolkien and known to be one of the most powerful beings in M.E and you think she can't take on a troll? Ok. I mean, she yeeted that Orc off the planet in the Hobbit movie and no-one batted an eyelid.
There's a world of difference between throwing around magic and swinging a sword like a battle-hardened warrior, you know that right? I wonder why PJ didn't show her swinging a sword around like Elrond in that scene? As I said in post 984, Amazon has taken some passages from the source material that point toward her being a general and decided to interpret that as her being a warrior so they can build the story around her. If people enjoy that interpretation good for them.

I guess for the same reason you didn't see all the Elves in Helms deep skating on shields ;)

They would have once they levelled up a bit more and took the surfing skill tree

Not all trolls were equal either I seem to remember.
Although the scene wasnt super convincing to me, unlike the LOTR cave troll in Moria scene.
The elves with here should have been far more capable. Its just one of those things where you know what they want to achieve and somehow have to get from A to B.

I hope we don't find anything more out about Tom in this series at all, mostly because Tom is enigmatic for a reason. I'd be quite happy for him to have a cameo, sing a song, do a dance, get decapitated and then disappear back off again.

"even in a mythical Age there must be some enigmas, as there always are. Tom Bombadil is one (intentionally)" ~ Tolkien

Interesting view, I don't know if I would prefer to see some Tom B action or not really, just speculating if it is him I don't want it to drag on through multiple seasons.

Caporegime

Literally the worst scene from the trilogy only followed by Legolas's antics in the Return of the King.

I can't find or recall any description of Galadriel being physically strong. The only description I can find of strength is in describing her mental attributes.

Soldato
I didn't enjoy the first episode, it seemed a bit disjointed to me and very difficult to follow. I would have described it as a big budget production with a low budget feel. I didn't find any of the characters appealing or engaging...

However, I watched episode 2, thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait for episode 3!!!

Caporegime
I can't find or recall any description of Galadriel being physically strong. The only description I can find of strength is in describing her mental attributes.
She is an Eldar, therefore:

They were thus capable of far greater and longer physical exertions (in pursuit of some dominant purpose of their minds) without weariness; they were not subject to diseases; they healed rapidly and completely after injuries that would have proved fatal to Men; and they could endure great physical pain for long periods. Their bodies could not, however, survive vital injuries, or violent assaults upon their structure; nor replace missing members (such as a hand hewn off). They had greater physical strength, they could fight or exercise for days, they did not get sick, and quickly healed from injuries. Swords and arrows were joke to them and they could endure strokes for a long time. But they would not survive a collapse of tons, a blow to the heart or grow amputated limbs.

Back
Top Bottom