The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Permabanned
Strong women in tv shows arent supposed to be men with a pair of **** strapped on, I'm worried that you are unable to see that personally. Well not worried, but it sure does explain a lot about your expectation of tv and movie shows..

Which one? the tv show from the 70's or the current movie version? The tv show is perfect for its time, cheesy and fun. The character in movies started off great in Synders BVS and has gotten worse as her solo films have been released - Gadot does a fine job even if there were question marks over her getting the role.
So showing ability and some ability to take control is about balls now?
People have different personalities my friend, people are subject to their own nature, women are not a 1 way street and neither are men, you just seem overly insecure over a fantasy story with a strong female in it.

I can understand you want controlling and able men only so this show is not for you then I guess.

It's strange you only attribute tiny bits of a personality as strength too, must have been a rough upbringing mate.

Caporegime
I got round to watching the 2nd and 3rd episode last night. I thought they were quite good in truth. No idea who meteorite man is though. The emigration of the hobbits is weird though, the way they are in disguise and having plants and whatnot on themselves reminds me of something and I can't quite put my finger on it.

my money is on that being Gandalf.As one of the Malar he is an immortal spirit from Valinor and fire was he speciality but not sure if it’s too early in the timeline for his appearance?..

Associate
Eh? The guy at the gate basically tells him to **** off. He then gets glowered st by every dwarf he encounters as he's basically frogmarched through to Durin.
The only dwarf that shows him any compassion is Durins wife.

Which again ties in with previous comments that all the men are morons or weak and the women are saintly.

Dwarves and Elves don't get along, Celebrimbor even remarks that getting them to help would be a feat of politics. Quite how that's been spun out that the show runners are out to get men is... odd.
Elrond still thinks he's tight with Durin though due to their history and as you point out hasn't appreciated that for a dwarf 20 years is a long time. I quite liked that take as a way to show more casual viewers just how long-lived Elves are. Dwarves, who are prickly at the best of times know how to hold a grudge so missing his wedding and children's birth would be a personal insult.

... Morfydd Clark lmao, she is horrendous, some of it is partly not her fault because the script, dialogue, pacing, story-telling is so bad - but she is unconvinving as awarrior, wooden, moves like she's on rails, and has zero screen presence or charisma, she pulls some of thr weirdest and unnatural faces I have ever seen on TV to try and convey some emotion...

The horse scene was absolutely hilarious, that face she pulls, but this is what Morfydd Calrk thinks acting is, pulling weird faces...

:cry:

The poor girl can't act for toffee, totally out of her depth in this, trying to pull off Galadriel...

She looked like she was having bowel trouble.

Seriously, did she harm you in a previous life or something?

fez

fez

Caporegime
But isnt that you? I dont feel emasculated. But Dis, Elon and now you are showing or saying that you feel emasculated by having strong women in TV shows.

BTW I dont see what you see. I dont see all the men as idiots and all the women as great. I just see characters. I wonder what you thought of Wonder Women.

First film was quite good, second film was ****. This is the problem. When anyone dares to suggest that the writing of strong women in something is badly done, people like you show up to try and suggest that the only reason you could possibly think that is because of fragile masculinity or a fear of strong women.

We’ve had well written, strong women for decades in film and tv. We still have really well written strong women in tv and film now. That doesn’t mean that every strong woman is well written or acted.

Galadriel is badly written. Durins wife is fine so far but again, they try to build her up by making him look like an immature man child.

Soldato
Dwarves and Elves don't get along, Celebrimbor even remarks that getting them to help would be a feat of politics. Quite how that's been spun out that the show runners are out to get men is... odd.
Elrond still thinks he's tight with Durin though due to their history and as you point out hasn't appreciated that for a dwarf 20 years is a long time. I quite liked that take as a way to show more casual viewers just how long-lived Elves are. Dwarves, who are prickly at the best of times know how to hold a grudge so missing his wedding and children's birth would be a personal insult.

Seriously, did she harm you in a previous life or something?

No she's just **you need to fully start out swearing** at acting. That's a fact. As is the rubbish she is given to work with, it is also not her fault she never should have been cast in the first place because she clearly does not possess the presence to play Galadriel, nor to play a warrior (and she's too short :D) or that on the whole amazon have totally got the aesthetic of the elves wrong where, they do not look like, sound like or act like elves.

They're just humans with pointy ears.

The massive problem they have is the they have also made Galadriel unlikeabe and unrelatable, because she's both a Karen and a Mary-Sue, so they have the perfect storm that they have a central carachter no-one likes, played by an actress who isn't very good, who is also mis-cast, playing a race of fantasy beings that are conceptually wrong, and she's got a terrible script and leaden plot to deal with - the slow-mo shot on the horse just shows that no-one on this show knows what they are doing, otherwiswe they would have seen how hilariously cringe it was and cut it. They made her look foolish, not epic, not a hero, not a leader - just silly. The "creatives" behind this show do not know what they are doing and are also totally out of their depth with a series and IP of this magnitude.

I have nothing personal against MC she's just out front and emblematic of everything that is wrong with this terrible terrible show.

Caporegime
But isnt that you? I dont feel emasculated. But Dis, Elon and now you are showing or saying that you feel emasculated by having strong women in TV shows.

BTW I dont see what you see. I dont see all the men as idiots and all the women as great. I just see characters. I wonder what you thought of Wonder Women.

Literally nobody saying they feel emasculated.

And shock as Tony the wise doesn't see something. You wouldn't see most things if they were on the end of your nose!

Caporegime

Elrond, wise, knowledgeable and Dwarf-friend doesn't know that the dwarves are going to be hostile to him? It's Durin that should bear the grudge to him, not the rest, yet they are openly hostile. Which shows how the comment I was replying to is wrong. Either that or Elrond is thick as pig-crap.

Associate
Thge story-line, such as it is, is very poorly written. The acting has not been great at all, go and watch GOT or HOD and see the difference, some of it is amatuer dramatics or theatre group level, the nonsensical scene in the harbour where Halbrand gets into a fight after drinking with the locals was excruciatingly bad. Morfydd Clark lmao, she is horrendous, some of it is partly not her fault because the script, dialogue, pacing, story-telling is so bad - but she is unconvinving as awarrior, wooden, moves like she's on rails, and has zero screen presence or charisma, she pulls some of thr weirdest and unnatural faces I have ever seen on TV to try and convey some emotion. He caracther is totally unlikable and unrelatable (this is mostly not her fault) as the people running the show have simultaneously made her a Mary-Sue and a Karen.

I think when people complain about TV and movies these days it is because so much of it is absolute rubbish, just churned off the conveyor belt (in particular Marvel and SW) - there's always a tiny section of hard core fans that will moan about every tiny detail, but they're a very small percentage. So that's an excuse that doesn't really have any weight behind it.

Are you sure you are watching the same show as me? If you don't like the show, just stop watching it. Just because you find someone unlikable and unrelatable, doesn't mean everyone else will. Seriously, if you don't like the show, just stop watching it and you will have a much happier life. GOT and HOD are a completely different type of show, so difficult to compare fairly (they have certainly had some dodgy acting/writing at times)!

Associate
my money is on that being Gandalf.As one of the Malar he is an immortal spirit from Valinor and fire was he speciality but not sure if it’s too early in the timeline for his appearance?..
Gandalf, saruman and radagast didn't turn up until the third age.

Meh, artist license, maybe the train (meteorite) was running early :) I also think it will be either Gandalf or Saruman.

Caporegime
Meh, artist license, maybe the train (meteorite) was running early :) I also think it will be either Gandalf or Saruman.

Thousands of years is a lot of artistic licence! That's actually one of the issues, the various events taking place all took place at different times in the timeline. Some were early second age, some middle. The arrival of the Numenoreans for example should be late second but that looks to be on the cards already!

Soldato
Are you sure you are watching the same show as me? If you don't like the show, just stop watching it. Just because you find someone unlikable and unrelatable, doesn't mean everyone else will. Seriously, if you don't like the show, just stop watching it and you will have a much happier life. GOT and HOD are a completely different type of show, so difficult to compare fairly (they have certainly had some dodgy acting/writing at times)!

Yep, I'm just have higher standards and know when I'm watching crap.

I'll continue to watch whatever I like and post my opinions if you don't like them don't repsond. It's easy. If you don't like people criticsing your precious shows just don't read the posts and have a happier life! Notice I am not trying to stop people I disagree with commenting - that's what debate etc is all about...

They're not completely different types of shows at all, they're genre fiction set ina fantasy World, they couldn't have more in common. To say they're different types of shows is absolutely ludirous and yet another way to stop comparions and criticsim of the very much inferior ROP.

Associate
Elrond, wise, knowledgeable and Dwarf-friend doesn't know that the dwarves are going to be hostile to him? It's Durin that should bear the grudge to him, not the rest, yet they are openly hostile. Which shows how the comment I was replying to is wrong. Either that or Elrond is thick as pig-crap.
Elrond is a Dwarf-friend via his friendship to Durin, their prince, who he doesn't realise he's annoyed yet. He's no reason to think they'll be hostile to him personally. He soon realises he's wrong. I'm gonna stop there because I don't think the show could have made it any clearer tbh. Maybe I missed the point you guys were discussing by wading in half-way through.
Yep, I'm just have higher standards and know when I'm watching crap.

I'll continue to watch whatever I like and post my opinions if you don't like them don't repsond. It's easy. If you don't like people criticsing your precious shows just don't read the posts and have a happier life! Notice I am not trying to stop people I disagree with commenting - that's what debate etc is all about...

They're not completely different types of shows at all, they're genre fiction set ina fantasy World, they couldn't have more in common. To say they're different types of shows is absolutely ludirous and yet another way to stop comparions and criticsim of the very much inferior ROP.
But they are quite different in tone and setting. It's like saying st:tng is the same as nuBSG because they're both sci-fi. They couldn't be more different, but I enjoy both all the same. A shame your palette is so refined you can't seem to enjoy a decent show when it's on.

Soldato
Elrond is a Dwarf-friend via his friendship to Durin, their prince, who he doesn't realise he's annoyed yet. He's no reason to think they'll be hostile to him personally. He soon realises he's wrong. I'm gonna stop there because I don't think the show could have made it any clearer tbh. Maybe I missed the point you guys were discussing by wading in half-way through.

But they are quite different in tone and setting. It's like saying st:tng is the same as nuBSG because they're both sci-fi. They couldn't be more different, but I enjoy both all the same. A shame your palette is so refined you can't seem to enjoy a decent show when it's on.

Do you expect them to be EXACTLY the same in tone and setting? - This is a silly argument I have already rebutted earlier. This is nothing more than deflection and another attempt to silence criticism of ROP.

I enjoy HOD, so I have no idea what you're talking about in your 2nd sentence, I also thoroughly enjoyed Fargo S1 and S2 recently and posted as much about both shows on this very forum...

;)

Back
Top Bottom