The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Associate
So nothing specfiic, but you are entertained. That's fine.

I mean the storyline, visuals and acting has been great so far. I also think the half-foots are an interesting addition as the hobbits must have came from somewhere. Make sense from an evolutionary stand point. It's also good to see and hear about past events and locations, such as the Dunadan line. When people complain about programs and movies nowadays, I think the problem a lot of the time, stems from die hard fans who have expectations that things have to be a certain way. With this mindset, die hard fans are never going to happy, no matter what the show/movie is.

Soldato
Enjoying it so far, just hope the pace picks up soon seeing how it's already 3/8 episodes in. Although after seeing the trailer for Willow earlier, I'm looking more forward to that. :cry:

There really no bickering only the usual suspects coming into almost every thread trolling and being negative about everything..They don't like the show that much yet carry on watching just to criticize it more? Doesn't make sense.

Careful

Pointing out they could put their time to better use and not watch something the don't enjoy as it triggers all their, well triggers! will see you accused of gatekeeping.

I guess some of us are different, don't like? Don't watch.

I don't like East enders, maybe I should watch every episode of that so that I can criticise it constantly ;)

FWIW I wasn't that impressed with Ep3. Bar the start which was truly impressive.
But I am more of a Dwarf fan so would prefer more Moria :)

Soldato
I got round to watching the 2nd and 3rd episode last night. I thought they were quite good in truth. No idea who meteorite man is though. The emigration of the hobbits is weird though, the way they are in disguise and having plants and whatnot on themselves reminds me of something and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Soldato
I got round to watching the 2nd and 3rd episode last night. I thought they were quite good in truth. No idea who meteorite man is though. The emigration of the hobbits is weird though, the way they are in disguise and having plants and whatnot on themselves reminds me of something and I can't quite put my finger on it.

They make no sense, the troop around singing about "No-one left behind" and say they have "Hearts bigger than our feet" - but then it's screw you if you've hurt your ankle, we'll leave you and your family to die if you can't keep up...get to the back of the caravan..

Soldato
I mean the storyline, visuals and acting has been great so far. I also think the half-foots are an interesting addition as the hobbits must have came from somewhere. Make sense from an evolutionary stand point. It's also good to see and hear about past events and locations, such as the Dunadan line. When people complain about programs and movies nowadays, I think the problem a lot of the time, stems from die hard fans who have expectations that things have to be a certain way. With this mindset, die hard fans are never going to happy, no matter what the show/movie is.

Thge story-line, such as it is, is very poorly written. The acting has not been great at all, go and watch GOT or HOD and see the difference, some of it is amatuer dramatics or theatre group level, the nonsensical scene in the harbour where Halbrand gets into a fight after drinking with the locals was excruciatingly bad. Morfydd Clark lmao, she is horrendous, some of it is partly not her fault because the script, dialogue, pacing, story-telling is so bad - but she is unconvinving as awarrior, wooden, moves like she's on rails, and has zero screen presence or charisma, she pulls some of thr weirdest and unnatural faces I have ever seen on TV to try and convey some emotion. He caracther is totally unlikable and unrelatable (this is mostly not her fault) as the people running the show have simultaneously made her a Mary-Sue and a Karen.

I think when people complain about TV and movies these days it is because so much of it is absolute rubbish, just churned off the conveyor belt (in particular Marvel and SW) - there's always a tiny section of hard core fans that will moan about every tiny detail, but they're a very small percentage. So that's an excuse that doesn't really have any weight behind it.

Soldato
I enjoyed the 3rd episode but it wasn't without its quirks. Yes the Hobbits attitudes were somewhat puzzling. The horse scene on the beach was absolute cringe.

The orc scenes along with the doggo were great I thought.

Soldato
I enjoyed the 3rd episode but it wasn't without its quirks. Yes the Hobbits attitudes were somewhat puzzling. The horse scene on the beach was absolute cringe.

Yeah that horse riding scene was weird. The close up on Galadriel's face made her look like a spitting image character lol

Soldato

The horse scene was absolutely hilarious, that face she pulls, but this is what Morfydd Calrk thinks acting is, pulling weird faces...

:cry:

The poor girl can't act for toffee, totally out of her depth in this, trying to pull off Galadriel. I thought the orc scene was poor, why aren't they digging at night if they hate the sunlight? why haven't they been spotted in a huge area of felled trees? The CGI was bad, and how did a little nick with no blood lead to almost instant death? Could have put a plaster on that and he'd have been fine...

And the whatever the **** that was supposed to be, looked like a chihuahua with rabies.

Caporegime
Durin. Not the dwarves, Durin. Elrond describes them as tight as brothers, then blanks him for twenty years, and rocks up expecting to pick up their relationships exactly where he left off.

Eh? The guy at the gate basically tells him to **** off. He then gets glowered st by every dwarf he encounters as he's basically frogmarched through to Durin.
The only dwarf that shows him any compassion is Durins wife.

Which again ties in with previous comments that all the men are morons or weak and the women are saintly.

Soldato
Eh? The guy at the gate basically tells him to **** off. He then gets glowered st by every dwarf he encounters as he's basically frogmarched through to Durin.
The only dwarf that shows him any compassion is Durins wife.

Which again ties in with previous comments that all the men are morons or weak and the women are saintly.

lol Get that one from your best bud Elon?

Soldato
Yes any upper hand shown to a female makes you very insecure, got it.
seal-clapping.gif

Soldato
It's a pretty common trope for modern shows like this, we wouldn't expect an emasculated man such as yourself to understand though.

But isnt that you? I dont feel emasculated. But Dis, Elon and now you are showing or saying that you feel emasculated by having strong women in TV shows.

Emasculated:
(of a man) deprived of his male role or identity.
"insecure, emasculated men"
made weaker or less effective.
"an emasculated organization that is merely a shadow of its former self"

BTW I dont see what you see. I dont see all the men as idiots and all the women as great. I just see characters. I wonder what you thought of Wonder Women.

Soldato
But isnt that you? I dont feel emasculated. But Dis, Elon and now you are showing or saying that you feel emasculated by having strong women in TV shows.
Strong women in tv shows arent supposed to be men with a pair of **** strapped on, I'm worried that you are unable to see that personally. Well not worried, but it sure does explain a lot about your expectation of tv and movie shows..
BTW I dont see what you see. I dont see all the men as idiots and all the women as great. I just see characters. I wonder what you thought of Wonder Women.
Which one? the tv show from the 70's or the current movie version? The tv show is perfect for its time, cheesy and fun. The character in movies started off great in Synders BVS and has gotten worse as her solo films have been released, I wouldn't have bothered with her 1st solo film in the cinema if I wasn't dragged along by a female friend though. Gadot does a fine job even if there were question marks over her getting the role.

Soldato
Strong women in tv shows arent supposed to be men with a pair of **** strapped on, I'm worried that you are unable to see that personally. Well not worried, but it sure does explain a lot about your expectation of tv and movie shows..

You have an odd view of women and seem to have an even worse outlook.

Caporegime
Ep 3 is better. I am enjoying it more, especially Galadriel side of the story. I am liking most of it except the Hobbits part. Perhaps this is because they purposely write them to act like children, even some of the adult hobbits, like Frodo and co in the Fellowship. It wasn't really until Two Towers onwards before they stop being a hindrance.

Back
Top Bottom