The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
Would you like me to fetch the discarded toys from your handbag? :) You can of course watch what you like, and comment on what you like. It just seems you are getting very angry about what is after all, a TV show. That isn't healthy. Of course they are completely different types of shows?

Seems people agree that they are different types of shows...imagine that. Not so ludicrous after all it seems :)

None of that means that they should not be compared, HoD is vastly superior. But no, can't have RoP compared to HoD because it's going to look very bad isn't it?

It seems you're getting very upset about all this!

PS - No-one cares that you think they can't be compared, they're going to do it anyway!

:D

Soldato
What I was getting at is that you are mentally actively prejudicing something since you haven't got the mental wiring to recall enough of that scene to actually trigger any actual reaction.
IE if you "fancied" her before you would not be able to recall enough data in order for that one scene to stop you fancying her now.

I'm inviting you to my next party, you'd rock the place

Soldato
What I was getting at is that you are mentally actively prejudicing something since you haven't got the mental wiring to recall enough of that scene to actually trigger any actual reaction.
IE if you "fancied" her before you would not be able to recall enough data in order for that one scene to stop you fancying her now.

Are you one of the writers from RoP?

Did you also write the classic line "Do you know why a ship floats and a stone cannot? Because the stone sees only downwards"

Soldato
I think I remember reading they've planned out the story for about 50 hours, I'm not expecting a massive increase in storytelling pace.

You'd think with this much time to kill they would use the time to show some "Journeying" to destinations. but no it seems they had teleportation in the second age. This is part of the resason that this World feels dead, it is all show, all flashy sweeping shots, but it is a World a mile wide and an inch deep. LOTR felt epic in every sense fight from the start, this show is just so small by comparison and all the money they ahve spent on it cannot change that.

Time and distance have no meaning at all in this ME. There's no scale to anything, no weight, no consequence, no tension, no real relationships or friendships worth anything, no jepoardy which was shown with that awful troll scene, in LOTR it took the whole Fellowship a fair amount of time to take it down, here? MSG kills it "Super easy, barely an inconvinience" without any help.

It is a dead World.

Soldato
RoP in a nutshell:

Very well done and to the point, nails almost every major flaw in 10 minutes. I actually think this guy has been reading my posts!

Man of Honour
RoP in a nutshell:

Very well done and to the point, nails almost every major flaw in 10 minutes. I actually think this guy has been reading my posts!

It's a bit cliche to be like "if you don't like it, why don't you leave/stop watching", but honestly getting that vibe here. If you don't appreciate the show, fair enough - but why are you trying to drag it down for other people who might be enjoying it? It's just endless postage about how bad or wrong it is.

Soldato
It's a bit cliche to be like "if you don't like it, why don't you leave/stop watching", but honestly getting that vibe here. If you don't appreciate the show, fair enough - but why are you trying to drag it down for other people who might be enjoying it? It's just endless postage about how bad or wrong it is.

Wait, isn't this a forum for discussing RoP?

Associate
None of that means that they should not be compared, HoD is vastly superior. But no, can't have RoP compared to HoD because it's going to look very bad isn't it?

It seems you're getting very upset about all this!

PS - No-one cares that you think they can't be compared, they're going to do it anyway!

Are you discussing? Almost all of your posts read like 'angry man on blog'. Are you discussing with yourself?

So invested for someone who very clearly thinks the show is a waste of time.

Upset? Not in the least, at leats my posts aren't coming across like an "angry man on blog" :D Darujhistan, you aren't going to like the show no matter what happens, as you have already made your mind up. That's fine, I just don't see why you are adamant in trying to ruin everyone elses enjoyment of the show. Last word from from me about it. Hope you enjoy the rest of the show as much as other people do someday.

Caporegime
seems about as good as LOTR the movies and about the same pacing so far.

7/10 for me, skipped the lenny henry parts though... can't stand that fool

Must seem like a really slow waste of time if your brain has been corrupted by tiktok and marvel

Caporegime
Must seem like a really slow waste of time if your brain has been corrupted by tiktok and marvel

skipped the lenny henry parts though... can't stand that fool
Do you not see any contradiction here? Suggesting people can't stand slow paced shows because of Marvel and Tik Took and then admitting you skipped scenes just because you don't like Lenny Henry.

I think his total screen time in the first two episodes was only about 3 minutes.

Caporegime
Do you not see any contradiction here? Suggesting people can't stand slow paced shows because of Marvel and Tik Took and then admitting you skipped scenes just because you don't like Lenny Henry.
how is it a contraidction? why would anyone want to watch that racist fool

Hopefully I'm not the only one who skipped his scenes and amazon take note

Soldato
Upset? Not in the least, at leats my posts aren't coming across like an "angry man on blog" :D Darujhistan, you aren't going to like the show no matter what happens, as you have already made your mind up. That's fine, I just don't see why you are adamant in trying to ruin everyone elses enjoyment of the show. Last word from from me about it. Hope you enjoy the rest of the show as much as other people do someday.

He's even doing research on me! But you're not upset eh fella?

:cry:

Soldato
seems about as good as LOTR the movies and about the same pacing so far.

7/10 for me, skipped the lenny henry parts though... can't stand that fool

You've missed absolutely nothing from the Harfoots - every second of their screen-time has been a complete waste. On top of that, they must be the most nonsensical "society" ever to have been brought to life on screen.

Soldato
Are you discussing? Almost all of your posts read like 'angry man on blog'. Are you discussing with yourself?

So invested for someone who very clearly thinks the show is a waste of time.

It us called criticism, I know that these days everyone is so delicate they can't deal with it it seems, even about a TV show, it makes me wonder how people cope with real-life problems...

Caporegime
Wife and I got around to episode 2 tonight.

Liked all of it, except maybe Galadriel on a wreckage and being attacked by a "worm". That just seemed a bit pointless, even if she now knows Orcs are still out there in the Southlands.

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm loving how getting into this series that my Youtube recommendations is now coming up with stuff from Nerd of the Rings and such.

Back
Top Bottom