The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

fez

fez

Caporegime
There is legit bad ones, Resident Evil has never had a good movie adaptation or show adaptation, yet Tolkiens work had way way way more work done and it criticized for tiny things.

The expectations of any resident evil film is very low. Has been for years. Its more of a shock if they put something out that is good. Resident Evil also doesn't have anything like the love that Tolkiens work does and doesn't have any good reference to benchmark bad efforts against.

If you put out another Sopranos series it would be judged against the original. The latter series of GoT were benchmarked against the earlier ones and marked particularly harshly as a result. HoD is compared to GoT. RoP is compared to LotR. The better the thing that came first, the more the latter has to live up to.

Permabanned
The expectations of any resident evil film is very low. Has been for years. Its more of a shock if they put something out that is good. Resident Evil also doesn't have anything like the love that Tolkiens work does and doesn't have any good reference to benchmark bad efforts against.

If you put out another Sopranos series it would be judged against the original. The latter series of GoT were benchmarked against the earlier ones and marked particularly harshly as a result. HoD is compared to GoT. RoP is compared to LotR. The better the thing that came first, the more the latter has to live up to.
Sorry but we are arguing subjective stuff not objective.

The point I was making is that people make a fuss over tiny things more than they want for shows etc that are legit bad to be made into something way better. Most points in this thread are derived from emotional facts that are linked to the person who is being overly critical, both Darujistan or however his name is spelled and C Kent the obvious issues that guy has against women are single and lonely, you should read this thread: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-rise-of-lonely-single-straight-men.18957713/

Whilst ok it is subjective, there are other reasons people are not happy and those with less self control or to see the issues they themselves have are likely to just be fuelled by it in other areas.
"Debbie Downer"

I value Resident Evil, I always wanted a far better adaptation, we never got it.

Here you have a show with obviously a lot of love poured in and the money was definitely there and tiny nit picks ruined the entire experience?

We are barely in... too, do we give up on everything that fast?

EDIT Darujistan was not in that thread, confused him with another guy.

- Me being somewhat stupid.

Soldato
Sorry but we are arguing subjective stuff not objective.

The point I was making is that people make a fuss over tiny things more than they want for shows etc that are legit bad to be made into something way better. Most points in this thread are derived from emotional facts that are linked to the person who is being overly critical, both Darujistan or however his name is spelled and C Kent the obvious issues that guy has against women are single and lonely, you should read this thread: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-rise-of-lonely-single-straight-men.18957713/
Explain which of my 10 posts in the thread you linked back up your claim, here they are nicely listed for you.
- Me being somewhat stupid.
something we agree on

Permabanned
Talking out of your arse, good to know. If you had a point you'd be more than happy to point out where. I guess you are like the show in question all bluff and no bluster.
Well I am not alone in my observations C Kent and you are a very unhappy dude, I mean you took it very seriously how your "Image" is being shown with some reality that you must maintain that it is something else, everyone like me must be stupid all because I won't give you the room to start your denial tactics even though it is right there as bright as day against the black night.

All you care about is trying to bring my image down when it has dented you that someone see's who you really are, all you will do is deny and you will concentrate on that no matter how much I show evidence or not, delusional, egotistical, sexist.. lots to gather about you.

Said before, why are you here? when you don't enjoy something? Like a toxic relationship, it's ok if it is bad, you like it because you swim in negativity and toxicity, a you problem.

Soldato
My takeaway from this thread is that some people are like a dog with a bone. If they hate it, it's not enough for them to say they hate it and leave it at that. They have to come back every time and remind everyone just how much they hate it and that we should all hate it as much as them.

It gets worse when they act as if they're some type of connoisseur of quality and if you don't like what they like it must be because you have low standards and not just different standards.

Like the show, hate the show, whatever. By all means discuss both the good and bad but there are some in this thread who go beyond that and act as if the show is some personal attack on themselves. It's wild to me that some would continue watching something they so passionately despise. The amount of shows I've started over the years and dropped after a few episodes because it wasn't for me but I wouldn't bother wasting my time in threads screaming about why I didn't get on with something.

Caporegime
It's wild to me that some would continue watching something they so passionately despise.
The amount of shows I've started over the years and dropped after a few episodes because it wasn't for me but I wouldn't bother wasting my time in threads screaming about why I didn't get on with something.

Amen.

I drop shows all the time if they are ****. My wife has a tendency to watch them to the bitter end.

Like that sex pistols one recently. After 3 episodes I thought it was rubbish so just didn't bother finishing it.

Soldato
The amount of shows I've started over the years and dropped after a few episodes because it wasn't for me but I wouldn't bother wasting my time in threads screaming about why I didn't get on with something.
very much this. as a quick example, i detested the mandalorian, hated everything about it. so guess what i did, stopped watching after a few episodes. think i may have posted something to that effect in the show thread but i certainly did not spend a large amount of my time in said thread crying about how terrible it was and having a go at anyone who was enjoying it.

Soldato
Well I am not alone in my observations C Kent and you are a very unhappy dude, I mean you took it very seriously how your "Image" is being shown with some reality that you must maintain that it is something else, everyone like me must be stupid all because I won't give you the room to start your denial tactics even though it is right there as bright as day against the black night.

All you care about is trying to bring my image down when it has dented you that someone see's who you really are, all you will do is deny and you will concentrate on that no matter how much I show evidence or not, delusional, egotistical, sexist.. lots to gather about you.

Said before, why are you hear when you don't enjoy something? Like a toxic relationship, it's ok if it is bad, you like it because you swim in negativity and toxicity, a you problem.
The posts I've made on RoP since the show dropped have been about how dull and boring it is based on folks that I know who share a similar taste in media. Moreso though the bulk of them are the odd discussion with a member or 2 on various things, as prior to this I had a deep enjoyment of the Tolkien world and enjoyed what was produced. Given you've come swooping in and started with the personal attacks/assumptions suggests to me there's only one of us who is sad and lonely as in general happy people don't attack posters for their opinion out of the blue.

As I said previously, if you had a point you would have been more than happy though to show these posts that backed up your claim.

Permabanned
So showing ability and some ability to take control is about balls now?
People have different personalities my friend, people are subject to their own nature, women are not a 1 way street and neither are men, you just seem overly insecure over a fantasy story with a strong female in it.

I can understand you want controlling and able men only so this show is not for you then I guess.

It's strange you only attribute tiny bits of a personality as strength too, must have been a rough upbringing mate.
I mean what 3 or 4 pages baclkk C Kent?

Permabanned
Strong women in tv shows arent supposed to be men with a pair of **** strapped on, I'm worried that you are unable to see that personally. Well not worried, but it sure does explain a lot about your expectation of tv and movie shows..

Which one? the tv show from the 70's or the current movie version? The tv show is perfect for its time, cheesy and fun. The character in movies started off great in Synders BVS and has gotten worse as her solo films have been released, I wouldn't have bothered with her 1st solo film in the cinema if I wasn't dragged along by a female friend though. Gadot does a fine job even if there were question marks over her getting the role.
Then see him joining the Rhetoric that females are bad and brushes them all with the same brush in a thread for lonely men LOL.

Soldato
Then see him joining the Rhetoric that females are bad and brushes them all with the same brush in a thread for lonely men LOL.
Ahh I see, you feel left out because I never bothered replying to you :cry:. Yes, what's wrong with that statement? Strong women in tv shows and movies with 'mass appeal' don't have masculine traits.

Back
Top Bottom