The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Permabanned
Ahh I see, you feel left out because I never bothered replying to you :cry:. Yes, what's wrong with that statement? Strong women in tv shows and movies with 'mass appeal' don't have masculine traits.
We had these types of women before modern day stuff, heck our Queen that just passed was a war veteran. What is wrong with your brain?
Your ego is very fragile, that is all I know. Fragile sense of self.

Look up the Suffaragettes, read that story.

Soldato
We had these types of women before modern day stuff, heck our Queen that just passed was a war veteran. What is wrong with your brain?
Your ego is very fragile, that is all I know. Fragile sense of self.

Look up the Suffaragettes, read that story.
Rather than letting your emotions get the better of you, why don't you attempt to have an actual discussion and address the point in question? I'll even give you a jumping-offpoint try googling 'male traits' and 'female traits', then come back and show me a bunch of successful tv shows that back your claim up.

If all you are going to do is act like an emotional teenager with his 1st crush and keep up with the boring personal attacks I'll just not bother.

Permabanned
Rather than letting your emotions get the better of you, why don't you attempt to have an actual discussion and address the point in question? I'll even give you a jumping-offpoint try googling 'male traits' and 'female traits', then come back and show me a bunch of successful tv shows that back your claim up.

If all you are going to do is act like an emotional teenager with his 1st crush and keep up with the boring personal attacks I'll just not bother.
Your response is trying to claim back power and sense of self, rather it's not emotions that are the issue here, it is your dismissal of facts, you won't give anything to facts as it is linked to your own sense of self and your "Masculinity".
So you like to use things that are structured so you don't have to explain yourself, coward.
You have built an image that is not you so instead of feeling ok in your self you use external things and ask people to claim true / false when that's not how humans or yourself work.
I don't need to back my claims, you are self evident. Only you can't see it apparently.

/ˌselfˈev.ə.dənt/ clear or obvious without needing any proof or explanation: Solutions which seem self-evident to humans are often beyond the grasp of computers. Synonyms. axiomatic formal.

You said and I will repeat again "Strong women in tv shows arent supposed to be men with a pair of **** strapped on, I'm worried that you are unable to see that personally. Well not worried, but it sure does explain a lot about your expectation of tv and movie shows.."

Your message was not towards me.

Soldato
Your response is trying to claim back power and sense of self, rather it's not emotions that are the issue here, it is your dismissal of facts, you won't give anything to facts as it is linked to your own sense of self and your "Masculinity".
So you like to use things that are structured so you don't have to explain yourself, coward.
You have built an image that is not you so instead of feeling ok in your self you use external things and ask people to claim true / false when that's not how humans or yourself work.
I don't need to back my claims, you are self evident. Only you can't see it apparently.

/ˌselfˈev.ə.dənt/ clear or obvious without needing any proof or explanation: Solutions which seem self-evident to humans are often beyond the grasp of computers. Synonyms. axiomatic formal.

You said and I will repeat again "Strong women in tv shows arent supposed to be men with a pair of **** strapped on, I'm worried that you are unable to see that personally. Well not worried, but it sure does explain a lot about your expectation of tv and movie shows.."

Your message was not towards me.
:cry: :cry:

Soldato
And I will take that as defeat, in your mind though laughter is the best outcome since it saves yourself from feeling those feelings and facing yourself.
Forever stuck in your own issues.

Moving on...

Sorry for the long winded argument guys.

When you feel like being an adult I'll be more than happy to have a discussion with you. Until then, stay strong king, its only a tv show no need to take a difference of opinion so close to heart. Big hugs x

Permabanned
When you feel like being an adult I'll be more than happy to have a discussion with you.
The last defence of someone so sure of their own self Adult / child and misuse of power and rather stuck in trends taught by the parents rather than from their own mind or intelligence.
Can't claim to be more manly so tries Adult / Child instead.

Soldato
Can't see it unless they plan to change Tolkein's stuff completely. He was a powerful sorcerer before becoming the witch king. Halbrand doesn't come across as a sorcerer to me.

does it specifically say he's a sorcerer? i don't remember seeing that anywhere, just that he was a king.
Could be another ring wraith but he's a major character so i'm not sure who else it could be.

Caporegime
So what are people's theories for Meteor Man/The Stranger and Halbrand?

I'm not sure on Meteor Man. I don't think he's Gandalf, but he must be a Maia given his arrival. Possibly a pre-corrupted balrog? Or perhaps one of the blue wizards?

I have a feeling Halbrand is Sauron in his fair form. Timings don't seem to line up, but he does seem a little bit strange, especially given his admiration of Numenor

I think we've seen Sauron in his form at the end of the Orcish section. Halbrand is probably going to be the witch-king or at least another of the 9.

Caporegime
I thought the ring made him a sorcerer, not that he was a sorcerer before hand? But I also thought he was from Numenor so that doesn't fit.

No, he was already a sorcerer. Also probably numenorean which rules him out too. Although with how fast and loose they're treating the lore that's all meaningless.

Soldato
My takeaway from this thread is that some people are like a dog with a bone. If they hate it, it's not enough for them to say they hate it and leave it at that. They have to come back every time and remind everyone just how much they hate it and that we should all hate it as much as them.

It gets worse when they act as if they're some type of connoisseur of quality and if you don't like what they like it must be because you have low standards and not just different standards.

Like the show, hate the show, whatever. By all means discuss both the good and bad but there are some in this thread who go beyond that and act as if the show is some personal attack on themselves. It's wild to me that some would continue watching something they so passionately despise. The amount of shows I've started over the years and dropped after a few episodes because it wasn't for me but I wouldn't bother wasting my time in threads screaming about why I didn't get on with something.

But it's extremely important that you fully understand how much we hate it!

Soldato
I'm up to speed now. As someone that hasn't seen the films (that I can remember) and knows nothing of the lore, so just watching this as a TV show in its own right, I'm really enjoying it. There aren't many shows where the time passes so quickly tbh.

Soldato
Only part way through Episode 1 but disappointed with how they are portraying Galadriel's motivation. At the moment she's just pig headed and believes something and demands everyone accept her worldview. If we the viewers had seen Galadriel have some revelation which no other elf has seen then we would be more on her side. They haven't shown us that she has a point, she's just telling us. Doesn't work for me.

Looks beautiful though can see the money has been well spent, movie standard easily.

It hasn't gripped me in the first 45 minutes but hasn't been terrible more scene setting.

Back
Top Bottom