The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
Did he? Where? AFAIK Tolkien never described Frodo/Sam/Bilbo/Merry/Pippin as being white and there was a lot of controversy over Peter Jackson's casting in the Hobbit at the time and the casting director was fired for only auditioning white actors for the roles.
Quite often in little snippets of descriptions in different scenes: 'rosey cheeked' or 'white faced' when scared or 'pale browed' when tired etc etc. Just because an author doesn't explicitly state something doesn't make it true, especially when he'd rather give the reader clues and subtle hints so they can picture the scene in their mind.

Caporegime
Quite often in little snippets of descriptions in different scenes: 'rosey cheeked' or 'white faced' when scared or 'pale browed' when tired etc etc. Just because an author doesn't explicitly state something doesn't make it true, especially when he'd rather give the reader clues and subtle hints so they can picture the scene in their mind.

I will bow down to your greater knowledge then if Tolkein referred to any of the hobbits as "white faced" when scared.

Soldato
It's all a bit boring (and pointless) complaining about the race. They are what they are now. As I keeps saying the show isn't going to be made or broken on the casting of brown small people.

IF, and it's a big if where i am not accusing anyone, The shows quality is decided solely down to the colour of someone playing a certain character, that is a you problem and not a problem with the show. If you can't leave that prejudice at the door and just accept an actor playing a role of a made up race without getting all in your feelings, again, it's a you problem.

Criticising the acting or the story is completely fine and should be welcomed but picking the 'race' of a made up race as your hill to die on? Odd choice.

Permabanned
LMAO. Do keep up.

:D

A Reddit Edgelord? the term "stan" is at least 15 years old, the song came out in 2000!

Where have you been?
You and C Kent are pathetic, keep talking skin colour and females, sexism and racism.

You add nothing but drama to the discussion and strive off of attention from negative aspects that are parts of yourselves, not others.
The pair of you don't like it so sit here telling everyone else they should not like it too.
Struggle for power and want control over others.

Soldato
I will bow down to your greater knowledge then if Tolkein referred to any of the hobbits as "white faced" when scared.
Have you read the Lord of the Rings? Genuine question. Whilst it's been surpassed by modern authors, in my opinion, it's still a cracking read. And it's always good to read the daddy of the genre so to speak.

Caporegime
Have you read the Lord of the Rings? Genuine question. Whilst it's been surpassed by modern authors, in my opinion, it's still a cracking read. And it's always good to read the daddy of the genre so to speak.

Several times but I can't remember that exact phrase being used but at the last time of reading I doubt I was looking out for racial cues.

Back
Top Bottom