The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
Unrelated I’m sure however…

I used to work at Overclockers from way back when. I joined the forums before I worked here and posted due to an interest in pc hardware.

Am I still interested in pc hardware? Sure! Do I post about it on here? No not really (perhaps the odd bit)..

Why am I here then?

This very thread, the game of thrones dragon something or other thread and the solar thread as well as a few threads on Macs and apple product and that is about it because the community has evolved over time to allow for that.

The fact someone has signed up to post in here about something of interest is entirely up to them is it not? There’s people who post solely on the motors section who have no real interest in PCs. Why is anyone even questioning that? I find it odd.

/rant

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Wut going on here?

Amazon ordering their staff to sign up on random fourms to shill for this tripe?
Overclockers is hardly a random forum. It may have started out as a tech enthusiast forum, and whilst it’s still true to its roots, it’s far bigger than that now.

Soldato
I want to like this but being a big fan of the books and having read them things like the time line are all over the place. Characters in this don't exist and there are plots that didn't happen whilst ignoring plots that did in the book. The acting is average, the whole thing is just average apart from the scenes. The cgi and scenes are cracking but that's it.

It's like they have piggy backed off the name and fame of the LOTR, cut the story up into sections, jumbled them up in a hat and just thrown them out there in a semi coherent order.

It's not terrible but it is neither good. Stale

Man of Honour
Ep. 5 was definitely the best so far. Can say I really enjoyed that - although my mind was in meme mode at the end with the slow mo on the boat :D

Soldato
I want to like this but being a big fan of the books and having read them things like the time line are all over the place. Characters in this don't exist and there are plots that didn't happen whilst ignoring plots that did in the book. The acting is average, the whole thing is just average apart from the scenes. The cgi and scenes are cracking but that's it.

It's like they have piggy backed off the name and fame of the LOTR, cut the story up into sections, jumbled them up in a hat and just thrown them out there in a semi coherent order.

It's not terrible but it is neither good. Stale

That's exactly what they've done.

It is a complete mess and an anathema to the Lore and to Tolkien, which I think in a way is better as i'd prefer they made a total mess of their own garbage than make a mess of the Legendarium.

Meme-able but not memorable.

Caporegime
Things I don't get;

Super sneaky hidey hobbits who go so far as to camouflage their wagons yet are constantly shouting and singing.

Gil-galad in the books is the absolute boyo. In this he's a total bell end.

Why don't the numenorean cavalry have leg armour? Its their most vulnerable part.

Galadriels armour is completely different to the numenoreans, where the chuff did it come from? They've shunned contact with elves for centuries now!

Soldato
Some weird bits in this episode. The Mithril keeping Elves alive had me "WTF" out loud.

Harfoot explain to meteor man how perilous the dangers are in the upcoming trek. It's not a safe place to be but hey lets have a SING ALONG SO EVERYONE KNOWS WE HERE.

The only thing keeping me watching at the moment is Durin and Elrond's relationship. These two need more screentime!

Back
Top Bottom