The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
Never in the field of human television has so little happened in so much time.

Over 5 1/2 hours in, unbelievable. Finally sat through EP5 and it's like they're trying desperately to find ways of padding this thing out.

More Harfoot nonsense, yawn, she Frodo put her hand on some frost from not-Gandalf because reasons. The CW crew Isildur and his buddies, She-sildur and Derek are just total cringe, no-one cares. Pharazon and Derek openly discuss court politics, and macro strategy for Numenor in a market square for some reason, did we see the small council in GoT meeting down the pub? no we did not. Eminem shows up and nothing of note happens, the fight scene with "Galadriel the awesome" was laughable and so badly choreographed and was reminiscent of something from a musical. Galadriel again being a totally manipulative selfish bitch and gets her own way again because reasons. Something something about a table (ffs) with Durin and the Elves continued the never-ending drivel of the nonsense Mithril sub"plot"...now back to Khazad Dum...because reasons.

The final scene where the might of Numenor (3 ships and 300 men) sets off for ME, and Galadriel boards the ships trying to look awesome to a rousing soundtrack was total cringe, and was emblematic of this show "...a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury signifying nothing".

Last edited:
Caporegime
Never in the field of human television has so little happened in so much time.

Over 5 1/2 hours in, unbelievable. Finally sat through EP5 and it's like they're trying desperately to find ways of padding this thing out.

More Harfoot nonsense, yawn, she Frodo put her hand on some frost from not-Gandalf because reasons. The CW crew Isildur and his buddies, She-sildur and Derek are just total cringe, no-one cares. Pharazon and Derek openly discuss court politics, and macro strategy for Numenor in a market square for some reason, did we see the small council in GoT meeting down the pub? no we did not. Eminem shows up and nothing of note happens, the fight scene with "Galadriel the awesome" was laughable and so badly choreographed and was reminiscent of something from a musical. Galadriel again being a totally manipulative selfish bitch and gets her own way again because reasons. Something something about a table (ffs) with Durin and the Elves continued the never-ending drivel of the nonsense Mithril sub"plot"...now back to Khazad Dum...because reasons.

The final scene where the might of Numenor (3 ships and 300 men) sets off for ME, and Galadriel boards the ships trying to look awesome to a rousing soundtrack was total cringe, and was emblematic of this show "...a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury signifying nothing".
Well it's not a movie is it? Do you expect there to be a massive fight every single episode?

Man of Honour
Well it's not a movie is it? Do you expect there to be a massive fight every single episode?

Even allowing for it being a TV show rather than a movie - it has done so little with the time it is crazy - it is constantly dithering around the same thing which could have been done in an hour with more depth...

Soldato
AMAZON THE DEFILER:

0yvags67drq91.jpg

Caporegime
N

I dont get the shiops. Numenor is meant to be a massive power with a massive fleet and yet they seem to only have 5 ships available and two were sunk so they can now only send 3 ships and 300 men???

And no way do you get 100 men and 100 horses on each of those ships. They are way too small.

Caporegime
I dont get the shiops. Numenor is meant to be a massive power with a massive fleet and yet they seem to only have 5 ships available and two were sunk so they can now only send 3 ships and 300 men???

And no way do you get 100 men and 100 horses on each of those ships. They are way too small.
Not much need for a large fleet when you have no enemies.

Soldato

I know, utterly pathetic lack of scale and granduer this show has. Yeah you could get around 100 men, horses, and supplies on those three ships in total. How they spent 1BN on this I have no idea, it is a tiny little World in truth. Take the CGI off this and it's a cheap-ass show that the old Sci-Fi schannel would have made.

Soldato
Harfoots:

If they're leaving the Brandyfoots(?) behind then why do they need to also take their wheels? Absoloute psycho's, plus the fact they'd have now be further encumbered by extra wheels! - Who is writing this stuff?

:cry:

Caporegime

I thought the exact same thing!

They got the ship scale all wrong in my opinion in that scene.

It just looked odd.

Its not 50 either, its something like 65

Although they are overlapped so quite possibly there are 100 but some a 99% overlapped

Anyway this like so many conversations in regards RPO are just childish baiting

"That boat wouldnt hold 100 people and horses"
meanwhile "tell me more about these magic rings the elf is going to forge" ;)

Last edited:
Associate
They don't have all the rights you know.

Yes, otherwise they would have gone all out and remade the Peter Jackson trilogy. Maybe it is a relief they did not get the chance! When I say PJ trilogy, I mean the trilogy based on the books.

Back
Top Bottom