The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
Now that’s what we are talking about, incredible episode.

Great action throughout, arondirs fight was excellent yet gross, and even Gladerial was awesome for a change.

Poor southlanders can’t catch a break.

Kind of believed the evil elf guy saying he turned against sauron but then he goes on to blow up the mountain to create Mordor for souron? Or was he simply just trying to make a home for his children / orcs inadvertently making it for Sauron

They could have done better with the hilt bait and switch, meh

I was sure hallbrand was gonna spike Galadriel but no.

Last edited:
Not sure why dwarves generally have a Scottish accent but it crosses many takes on fantasy so its not an original PJ take, its become an accepted "norm"
Unlike Gimli however who used his native welsh accent, (odd that some people hear it as Scottish)

Interesting Forbes take on where the money went compared to some people who start with a negative outlook

"The good news is, you can see every dollar spent in the show itself. Quite frankly, there has been nothing like this one TV before, not at this scale, and the first two episodes demonstrated that this really is going to be akin to an eight hour, blockbuster level Lord of the Rings movie. It is absolutely on par, production value-wise, with Peter Jackson’s original trilogy, though whether it’s as good remains to be seen, and we’ll have to see how the remaining six episodes go. But again, Amazon is planning to have this run for years, as a lot of the investment here was in costumes and sets and FX they want to use for a long while to come."

Soldato
keejdke7yzq91.jpg

Soldato
Enjoyed this week, felt as close to the original trilogy with more action, the orcs marching at the start with Adar and the music thumping away, credit to the soundtrack people.

CGI at the end definitely shows where they've spent the money, it would make Roland Emmerich gush.

Not hating however this episode didn't have much Galadriel screentime and felt all the much better for it.

GJM

GJM

Associate
Well that was more like it.
Been getting a bit stale over the last couple of episode but that was a corker.
Action packed but didn't feel cheap or thrills for the sake of thrills, kept tension up and a couple of real squinting out of corner of eye moments.
Galadriel felt like a bad ass as opposed to an annoyance.

I presume that's Mount Doom being created? Helbrand knowing Addar another hint he's Sauron?

Associate
Now that’s what we are talking about, incredible episode.

Great action throughout, arondirs fight was excellent yet gross, and even Gladerial was awesome for a change.

Poor southlanders can’t catch a break.

Kind of believed the evil elf guy saying he turned against sauron but then he goes on to blow up the mountain to create Mordor for souron? Or was he simply just trying to make a home for his children / orcs inadvertently making it for Sauron

They could have done better with the hilt bait and switch, meh

I was sure hallbrand was gonna spike Galadriel but no.

Fantastic episode I agree! Really, really enjoyed this one, it had the feel of the original movies.

That makes no sense but carry on.

Congratulations! Your 250th post on this thread about how much you hate the show and everyone else is wrong :D

Soldato
With these positive reviews I’m really looking forward to this episode, and I was quite enjoying it already.

What are people’s reasons for disliking Galadriel?

With these positive reviews I’m really looking forward to this episode, and I was quite enjoying it already.

What are people’s reasons for disliking Galadriel?

Slow mo
Can't act
More masculine than them

I think that sums up the haters so far ;)

Back to the show though, was pretty good today. The elf though, please level up so we can see some 100% lore with shield surfing and multishotting

Back
Top Bottom