The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
With these positive reviews I’m really looking forward to this episode, and I was quite enjoying it already.

What are people’s reasons for disliking Galadriel?

Think she comes across a bit of a brat at times, when she is supposed to be the commander of the northern armies and 1000s of years old. Which is fair criticism especially earlier on. I think what they were trying to portray was how driven she was because of her brothers death but handled it a bit poorly on screen.

Caporegime
Playing fast and loose with established timelines again!

They already said they had to compress the timelines massively.

Because elves live ages and humans don't, they said they would need 100+ seasons and constantly be recasting people if they stuck to the timeline laid out in the books/appendices.

Anyway, I thought that was a great episode overall. Action was decent, "good guys" suffered multiple defeats and quite dark really. I had 1 or 2 niggles but I've already forgotten what they were.

Caporegime
It's middle earth, why do you assume our earth rules apply?

Middle earth was flat until the destruction of Numenor.

In Peters Jackson's movies, Aragorn says to Legolas "What do your elf eyes see?"

Because the horizon is clearly visible...as is the sunrise.

Aragon says that when they're in an elevated position with huge viewing distances.

Soldato
Good episode, felt a lot like LOTR: TTT. Though nice to see a battle, I thought the fighting choreography was terrible and really small scale. Not sure what people are talking about saying Galadriel was a badass :confused: she was barely involved.

Soldato
Against the popular flow here, I've been enjoying it so far but didn't enjoy that episode so much. I've been enjoying the story and the world, this was all about the battle, which just didn't grab me. I felt there were more of these lines delivered like they were Shakespeare level of writing 'you don't quench thirst with seawater' again for example.

Soldato
Horrible episode. It's like they made the battle scene on a postage stamp. Not exactly a massive battle was it.

The acting was so over dramatic as well. Everyone just moping and crying about.

Last edited:
It's middle earth, why do you assume our earth rules apply?

Middle earth was flat until the destruction of Numenor.

In Peters Jackson's movies, Aragorn says to Legolas "What do your elf eyes see?"

It wasn't what was made out above anyway.

If you look at the start they were looking in a different direction to where ME showed anyway

Basically looking towards where the sun would rise and when it rose you could see ME hence the comments.

Caporegime
Well then we are back to Tolkien, who still has day and night on his flat middle earth.

And then the earth magically becomes spherical in the second age because it's a book and anything can happen that the author wants.

How do you think they should have depicted sunrise on a flat earth?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well then we are back to Tolkien, who still has day and night on his flat middle earth.

And then the earth magically becomes spherical in the second age because it's a book and anything can happen that the author wants.

How do you think they should have depicted sunrise on a flat earth?

Do you not understand what an arc is?

Back
Top Bottom