The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Man of Honour
Oh - there was also a really funny bit of dialogue on the ship… something like this:

“I’m used to watching the sun rise in the east… we are now sailing towards the dawn, but I swear it looks like we’re sailing into the light.”

Wut?! Of course it does… sailing into dawn is sailing into the light! I had to rewatch 3 times and both me and my partner thought he said light. We turned on subtitles and apparently he said night… but I swear he flubbed that line and said light :p

Last edited:
Associate
This episode was much better than the previous ones. Had a few bits that where laughable. Still can’t get on with this Galadriel, can’t decide if it’s poor writing or poor direction/vision of the character.

Soldato
My favourite bit in that scene was when a couple of the orcs get knocked over, their dresses fly up and you can see their thighs have no makeup. Literally half arsed
You must be watching this just looking for errors, are you the 0.25x speed YouTuber :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
A few things irked me in the latest episode:

- The fact no one checked whether the dark sword thing had been switcharood....
- The piece of material with what they think is the very dangerous dark sword thing in it, is then put back into the hands of a young kid who clearly is being influenced by its power, and just left with him in the hope he will throw it into the sea at some point.
- Why didnt Adar and the Orks just damage/break the dam themselves instead of spending ages looking for this sword? This one I could perhaps just get over if it was explained that the dam that the sword unlocked was enchanted and could not be manually broken i guess..
- By now i have come to the conclusion that the woman who plays Galadrial just isnt a very good actress.
- I was still cross at the notion that they somehow got 100 men and 100 massive horse on each of those tiny ships at the end of the last episode :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Spoilers are only needed for 24 hours I believe
Rules say not needed for TV...

TV Shows
Spoiler tags are NOT REQUIRED when discussing shows that have aired in the UK already, INCLUDING early morning i.e. 2AM showings on Sunday nights/Monday mornings.

Edit - no you're right, there's another rule that written as an addition below the rest of the rules regarding streaming services.

Either way, we're long past 24h :p

Last edited:
Soldato

- The fact no one checked whether the dark sword thing had been switcharood....
- The piece of material with what they think is the very dangerous dark sword thing in it, is then put back into the hands of a young kid who clearly is being influenced by its power, and just left with him in the hope he will throw it into the sea at some point.
- Why didnt Adar and the Orks just damage/break the dam themselves instead of spending ages looking for this sword? This one I could perhaps just get over if it was explained that the dam that the sword unlocked was enchanted and could not be manually broken i guess..
- By now i have come to the conclusion that the woman who plays Galadrial just isnt a very good actress.
- I was still cross at the notion that they somehow got 100 men and 100 massive horse on each of those tiny ships at the end of the last episode :p

Why didnt Adar and the Orks just damage/break the dam themselves instead of spending ages looking for this sword?

Mystery box writing needs Macguffins.

Last edited:
Caporegime

- The fact no one checked whether the dark sword thing had been switcharood...

Agreed, It would have been better if Galadriel had handed it off to Arondir and he had unwrapped it to reveal the switch.

Why didnt Adar and the Orks just damage/break the dam themselves instead of spending ages looking for this sword? This one I could perhaps just get over if it was explained that the dam that the sword unlocked was enchanted and could not be manually broken i guess..

I think Explosives didn't exist until Sarumon and his Urak Hai?

That dam, whoever made it, it was made of stone. I can't imagine that would have been easy to destroy when the orcs can't stand sunlight and would have had to do it all at night

But maybe it could have been done, I don't know much about construction/destruction, particularly in the second age of middle earth

By now i have come to the conclusion that the woman who plays Galadrial just isnt a very good actress.

I realised the other day that I've seen her in a few things before, one of which is genuinely worth watching called Saint Maud. She's the main character and it's a great performance.

Soldato
do you think she could take Xena in a fight though?

Of course!, she's the bestest EVAAAHHH!!! she'd make Xena explode with a single blow from her mighty sword like she did to that Orc - not sure I've ever seen anyone explode from a single slash of a sword - but this is Galadriel amazon style!

:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom