The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
Playing fast and loose with established timelines again!
Aye for given who is where and who is together I think the timeline might as well be completely reimagined for this.
We're not going to get remotely consistent, just the overarch of the concept of the story.
Fair enough, most won't have read enough to know any different.

Got to see where it goes.
I am quite enjoying it, and I think it is growing better as many series do.

Soldato

Rodeo Galadriel, whatever next! I like how the Orc just stands there for about 3 seconds while she's totally exposed, waiting to chopped in half.

:cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
just got round to episode 5........galardriel really does let this show down a bag full. that 'lesson' she gave the recruits on fighting orcs is right up there with a sci-fi channel movie level of awfulness. arondirs lady friend is a far better actress with far more screen presence. hell, nori has more charisma than her! still a passable way to spend an hour and i've watched much worse. does seem to be getting a bit better as it goes on or maybe i'm becoming more tolerant of the galadriel awfulness.....or of course i guess i could just be easily amused.

Permabanned
So Elves are either incompetent builders or they intentionally design towers that way.... Seems kind of ridiculous and far fetched to leave their towers with such an exposed weak point....

Also, Elves now know Kung Fu..

Last edited:
Man of Honour
For me Ep.6 was simultaneously the best and the worst episode yet.

It was great at the very end to finally give a sense of tangible threat. Something to make you root for the heroes. The big eye in the tower in the films made it all very ominous from the get go, whereas the ‘danger’ has been very slight until now.

Before that, the ‘trap the orcs/humans’ by fire sequence was a little daft… are they strategy-deaf? I found myself making silly little comments to myself internally: if the orcs are allergic to light, how can then carry torches? Obviously I was being silly as it must be sunlight related, but I do see how it can be entertaining to put on a cynical hat!

It got better once the cavalry showed up and there was a bit more muscle to the conflict. Loved Galadriel’s horse dodge moves :p

I also think the show is successfully bucking this (unfair) criticism that Galadriel is ‘super perfect’ when it’s clear she isn’t supposed to be perceived that way at all. A diplomatic oaf and vengeful to a fault.

The cliffhanger ended it on a strong note. Looking forward to the next one.

I realised this episode why I find the dwarf / Elrond scenes the best - the other plots/arcs are wholly devoid of humour. It helps give characters charm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom