The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

How's about, no. :)

Maybe you should follow your own logic, if you don't like other people's opinions, then stop reading them and don't respond?? lol

"Please stop saying bad things about my favourite shows." not really but its watchable

Its just frankly pathetic to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about the same thing you don't like.
We all get it, everyone, that he doesn't like it.

Its frankly an absurd thing to keep watching something you don't like
Maybe he has so little in life its an attention seeking thing or something I dunno.
Or maybe its just simple plain old fashioned trolling.

Its the equivalent of me going on and on about how brussel sprouts make me sick, but I insist on eating them every xmas so I can be sick and then complain.

Man of Honour
"Please stop saying bad things about my favourite shows." not really but its watchable

Its just frankly pathetic to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about the same thing you don't like.

Maybe he has so little in life its an attention seeking thing or something I dunno.

Its the equivalent of me going on and on about how brussel sprouts make me sick, but I insist on eating them every xmas so I can be sick and then complain.

I'm on the fence on that - regardless of whether people like it or not it could be a lot better, a lot better - but there isn't much impetus on the producers of such shows to do better if they can just shovel people **** and they lap it up.

I'm on the fence on that - regardless of whether people like it or not it could be a lot better, a lot better - but there isn't much impetus on the producers of such shows to do better if they can just shovel people **** and they lap it up.

Thing is **** is a matter of opinion.
Sure this isn't great I don't think anyone is arguing it is.
I suspect if you think its **** now its never going to change enough to make you happy.

As I have said before there is no guarantee people will look at some of the rubbish some here post and go oh ok we will go nerd level, they are more likely to go, meh just cancel it we are not writing it all again. History tells you shows with poor ratings get canned.

Thats assuming they even look or care. I am not convinced they are or do.
Things like Bezos backed Expanse and prime backed creations will have different wants than hard cable type shows.

Permabanned

It's a loved franchise, people actually care about Amazon do with it, regardless of if they disapprove or approve, it's not that difficult to understand for most people.

Soldato
It's a loved franchise, people actually care about Amazon do with it, regardless of if they disapprove or approve, it's not that difficult to understand for most people.

Pretty much, some people just don't like anything being criticised though. They could rebutt the criticism, but no, they could ignore the criticism with one click, but no...

They'd rather whine and cry about it, their lack of self-awareness is mind-blowing.

:D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It’s a little drastic but the ‘ignore function’ now almost completely blocks a ‘blockees’ content, save for when posts are quoted (where it just says ‘content ignored’). So it’s actually quite good for avoiding content, if you feel so inclined.

Participating in a group conversation does require having some self-awareness of how you are perceived. Nobody wants a sterile conversation where everybody thinks the same, but if you perpetually bore or goad your audience (or don’t allow conversation amongst others to breathe) they might stop listening to you as natural consequence of you being too overbearing / wasting time.

Not too different from “if you don’t like it, don’t watch it”, I guess.

Soldato
It’s a little drastic but the ‘ignore function’ now almost completely blocks a ‘blockees’ content, save for when posts are quoted (where it just says ‘content ignored’). So it’s actually quite good for avoiding content, if you feel so inclined.

Participating in a group conversation does require having some self-awareness of how you are perceived. Nobody wants a sterile conversation where everybody thinks the same, but if you perpetually bore or goad your audience (or don’t allow conversation amongst others to breathe) they might stop listening to you as natural consequence of you being too overbearing / wasting time.

Not too different from “if you don’t like it, don’t watch it”, I guess.

I agree about the ignore function, perfect solution if you're delicate about opposing viewpoints. But they don't want to ignore criticsim they want to shut people down and stop them commenting. I have invited them to put forward their responses to criticisms of the show, but they don't want to do that either.

Actually a sterile conversation is exactly what they want. That's why 90% of their "contributions" are just re-runs of the same boring theme:

"If you don't like it don't watch it" "Shut up" and then of course various insults...

Maybe a few geeks have it as a loved franchise.
The vast majority haven't read most of his works. Even the more popular ones (LOTR & Hobbit)
Of those that have many don't even notice the changes that PJ made until pointed out because they haven't memorised the whole trilogy including all the notes.
Most of the people I know who liked the films who are not fantasy buffs enjoyed the most lol scenes from the LOTR franchise, eg surfing elf
They don't care about the addition of Elves to helms deep, they don't care about the switching to squeeze in an early love scene via flight to the ford. etc.

And most importantly. No books were harmed in the development and filming of this series. They are still there, exactly as they were, nothing destroyed (apart from some blood vessels during nerd rants), but all there, safe and sound for the next interpretation.
I am sure Amazon will either give up the licences, or they are for a fixed time/usage anyway.
So someone else can come along a do a more lore heavy version if they think it will sell (it almost certainly wont)

What many fantasy fans forget is its probably the hardest sell to non's of all the genres. Many go "oh fantasy, you mean like dragons and things, nah dont like that"
Go hardcore on that and you will get people to switch off really rapidly.

Could it be better, yes 100% without fail. I have never claimed any different, I don't see a single person anywhere who claims that.
The problem with a few here is unless its 100% their way its crap. They go on about having higher standards and junk like that.
They had an echo chamber for months as most people dont go on and on and on about something not yet released. And yet since release the swing in positive vs negative is very clear.
I get it, they are in grief about their echo chamber being invaded by people who simply enjoy a piece of TV and cannot get it through their heads that its not simple love or hate there is a multitude of possibilities in between.

I would love to see some more lore heavy content, but its not going to happen.

As has been discussed before this is a great time for fantasy fans, and much like this I would prefer to see for example WOT closer to the books. But 100% and without fail I will take both of these series, right now, as they stand as 100% better than them not existing at all.
Personally for me I have a kind of ability to disconnect books / games / films / series and take them as stand alone in any format. They vast majority do not cross well and require modification. Maybe some people can't or won't function like this, a more rigid less open mind.
Especially unfortunately things like old books (and lets face it these are now, written in a time that was very different to today), especially when they were written by someone who later changed his mind, sometimes more than once, don't make for great simple adaption.

Associate
Pretty much, some people just don't like anything being criticised though. They could rebutt the criticism, but no, they could ignore the criticism with one click, but no...

They'd rather whine and cry about it, their lack of self-awareness is mind-blowing.

:D

Holy hell... lack of self-awareness? Have you heard of the saying "the pot calling the kettle black"? :eek:
:p

Soldato
i wonder would the mods allow a new thread on this show - something like 'LOTR:ROP - for those who find the show meh/passable/ok/good/brilliant(no one!) to debate'

This is a good idea, someone should do it.

I’ve honestly stopped visiting the thread as is perpetually being bombarded with copy and paste memes by a certain few posters ironically the post after deriding someone else about not having anything meaningful to add :D

Back
Top Bottom