The Man-Cave

smr

smr

Soldato
This is cool mate, reminds me of this spoilt kid I knew when I was younger - his dad was a builder and built him a little "house" like this in their garden, next to their swimming pool lol, but yours is way cooler, his was made of our brick, yours looks so much cooler. I want one :D

Associate
Hows the Bedec barn paint looking after a couple of years? How many coats were applied? Any flaking or fading? I've got a timber car port/garage and want to add extra waterproofing over the preservative already applied. Cheers.

Soldato
OP
Hows the Bedec barn paint looking after a couple of years? How many coats were applied? Any flaking or fading? I've got a timber car port/garage and want to add extra waterproofing over the preservative already applied. Cheers.

so we done 1 thin coat when it was built. this year we done another. so 2 years?

if you done multiple coats that were decent i would say good 3 years.

inside is still fine with no repainting

no flaking happened just could see if fading in some places thats all.

Soldato
OP
bit of an update

Few Picture on the wall. (got 3 more coming from the Witcher 3!
pictures.jpg

Pansonic TV 4K HDR
tv.jpg

Associate
The internet connection in the man cave. Is it a direct line in to a router or a ethernet cable ran from main house to outside? Im looking to do something similar in my big outside shed but Virgin wont install 2 routers into the house and i dont want to comprimise the connection inside but needs to be high speed in the man cave for me and my son gaming.

Soldato
OP
I ran 2x Cat6a cables (50M) outdoor version in MDPE tubing :)

I get the full speed

only need 1, but 1 as backup!

goes from my Virgin Router to a Netgear 24 port switch. rthen i have a Netgear Router in Wifi Acess point mode via Wifi in garden + cabin

Soldato
OP
Not one I recommended surely ;) :D
Got the one you said to wait for :)
I have friends in places ;)
Here network setup for baron

Its very easy to setup pretty much plug and play and setting up WiFi access only mode is detailed in netgear and Asus instructions :)

network.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks mate. Think mine will be less complicated than that as it will only be my pc and sons ps4 in the cabin. I was thinking virgin box in sitting room. Wire running round outside of the house into cabin connected to a router with wifi access. Devices connected with cat6 cable to maintain good speeds.

Should work??

Soldato
OP
Thanks mate. Think mine will be less complicated than that as it will only be my pc and sons ps4 in the cabin. I was thinking virgin box in sitting room. Wire running round outside of the house into cabin connected to a router with wifi access. Devices connected with cat6 cable to maintain good speeds.

Should work??

As long as the second router is in WiFi access only mode you will be fine. Or turn off DHCP it

Back
Top Bottom