The Man-Cave

Soldato
OP
not big a update but bought a Fractel design XL R2, an amazing case to after it being built. But a horrid case to build in, with one arm. (power supply mounting is terrible). the reason for so many cables on show is no SSD caddies without the drive cahges going to pick up some 3M tape soon!
Anyway Its now totally silent measuring around 10db outside the case.
Also you may notice a 980 is missing sold 1, & the other is being give to its new owner when my 1080 SLI Arrives, Also need to get a 3rd card.
Nvidia 0db + Displayport recommendations?

pc.jpg

tested overwatch in 4K 100fps in game 60-70 in menus/victory screen with 980 SLI
watch1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks awesome man I am so insanely jealous..

You're definitely needing a log burning stove in there, even with the air con heating option :) Was staying in a cabin in the woods in the north of Scotland last week. It had a log burning stove and a fire pit outside. Quite amazing how much it adds to the ambience of the room. Back home I'm feeling the withdrawals of not getting to light and sit by a fire :( I would love to do this myself some day..

Soldato
Smogsy, what an awesome cabin. amazing setup.

And like some of the others, I am insanely jealous!!

Well done. You should be proud.

Associate
Smogsy - just a quick one as you recommended using MDPE tubing to case the internet cable running outside to keep the elements off it.

Will 20mm be wide enough or did u go fir the 25mm? Also is there any risk of chill damage in the winter with freezibg etc?

Soldato
OP
Smogsy - just a quick one as you recommended using MDPE tubing to case the internet cable running outside to keep the elements off it.

Will 20mm be wide enough or did u go fir the 25mm? Also is there any risk of chill damage in the winter with freezibg etc?

i cannot remember, i suggest taking a ethernet cable with you to check :)
not had any frost issues

Zotac Founders Edition
fKo4WZj.jpg

More pictures
uZFAvuD.jpg

Soldato
OP
update

Display cabinet with Cupboard

getting rid of all my black furniture :)

Has mirrors all around on inside & built in lights (need to wire them up)
cabinet.jpg

cabinets.jpg

Soldato
OP
just an update of what it looks like now days

Whats changed?
New 4K Pansonic HDR TV > http://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/viera-televisions/led/tx-65dx902b.html
New AV cabinet with no roof for good ventilation :)
Router mounted above TV for good 2ghz/5ghz access
Sofa pushed back
DSC_1686.jpg

not much changed here
DSC_1688.jpg

Display cabinet (also fitted with spotlights)
Displaying Developers that make good games fiorst before money
1 shelf: Diablo Book,Witcher 3 Diary Witcher 3 Art Book,
2nd shelf: 3 WoW statues
3rd shelf: Film Snacks (soon to be Witcher Statues)
DSC_1689.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
x34A arrived

x34A.jpg

How do you like the set up, take it it is two 24'' you have on either side ? I have a similar setup but one of them is in Portrait view, makes it easier if you have several smaller apps up and running while gaming on the widescreen (in my opinion that is)

You have an awesome mancave, very nicely done and got to be nice to be there when wanting some quality gametime on your hands :cool:

Back
Top Bottom