The Man-Cave

Soldato
I remember watching this thread during it's inception. It's a great build and has some great gear in it, kudos. I'm not a fan of models or posters but that's purely an individual taste.

I do however have a genuine query and I hope it doesn't come accross as impertinent. But what does your family think about this? How much time do you spend in there? I wouldn't want to build something like this as either a) I would be away from my partner way too much, or b) I wouldn't get the use of it to justify the investment of time and money. I'm just very curious as to how this would fit into your life without impacting the time you spend with your loved ones?

Sorry if I've come accross rude.

Soldato
OP
I remember watching this thread during it's inception. It's a great build and has some great gear in it, kudos. I'm not a fan of models or posters but that's purely an individual taste.

I do however have a genuine query and I hope it doesn't come accross as impertinent. But what does your family think about this? How much time do you spend in there? I wouldn't want to build something like this as either a) I would be away from my partner way too much, or b) I wouldn't get the use of it to justify the investment of time and money. I'm just very curious as to how this would fit into your life without impacting the time you spend with your loved ones?

Sorry if I've come accross rude.

i spend a fair bit of time of time in here, ATM due to not being able to walk

a) i don't have a loved one right now, i did but it didn't work out, she was a bit well all other the place so we seprated. my plan was to find someone this year, but on a zimerframe i doubt that is going to happen...
b) i enjoy the peace and quiet, its got its moneys worth & would do it all over again. if i was in the same position. its not that much money.its basically the same as a cheap new car.
c) family doesn't mind it they helped do the work on it.

its not rude, my life not perfect, but i'm enjoying what i can. like i say the only thing i'm missing in life right now is a decent Partner, which is my current goal for this year.

However my health has took a nose dive, so got get that sorted right now. before i can move on. shame as its was going so well too.

Soldato
i spend a fair bit of time of time in here, ATM due to not being able to walk

a) i don't have a loved one right now, i did but it didn't work out, she was a bit well all other the place so we seprated. my plan was to find someone this year, but on a zimerframe i doubt that is going to happen...
b) i enjoy the peace and quiet, its got its moneys worth & would do it all over again. if i was in the same position. its not that much money.its basically the same as a cheap new car.
c) family doesn't mind it they helped do the work on it.

its not rude, my life not perfect, but i'm enjoying what i can. like i say the only thing i'm missing in life right now is a decent Partner, which is my current goal for this year.

However my health has took a nose dive, so got get that sorted right now. before i can move on. shame as its was going so well too.

Ah ok, on looking through this i realise you're not as old as I thought, I assumed mid thirties! To be honest ten years ago I'd have killed for a man cave like that, it's pretty awesome.

Good on your for such an achievement and I honesty feel for you on the health thing, I had to completely change career and was unable to work for a very long time so I at least partially understand. I'm sure you'll be fine with the ladies though ;)

Kudos again for such an achievement and thanks for answering my questions!

Soldato
OP
Ah ok, on looking through this i realise you're not as old as I thought, I assumed mid thirties! To be honest ten years ago I'd have killed for a man cave like that, it's pretty awesome.

Good on your for such an achievement and I honesty feel for you on the health thing, I had to completely change career and was unable to work for a very long time so I at least partially understand. I'm sure you'll be fine with the ladies though ;)

Kudos again for such an achievement and thanks for answering my questions!

no problems, i'm fine answering Questions, id rather people ask than just make blanket statements of why this why that...

because its my life...

Associate
Great looking build.

Out of interest did you install insulation to the walls? or just the roof and floor.

I have been looking at similar buildings and have found mixed reports on wall insulation.

Interested in this also. Went to look at some cabins recently and when company stated wall insulation cuases problems later on?

@smogsy was your cabin custom made? Who built it etc?

Associate
Interested in this also. Went to look at some cabins recently and when company stated wall insulation cuases problems later on?

most decent aircon have dehumidifier built in, they are excellent pieces of kit, worth their weight in gold when it's hot, in Malta you can't live in the apartment 3 months of the year without it! Their only downfall is the cost to heat a room when it's cold, I'd use the panel heaters for that - pennies a day.
So what's next Smogsy? Roof covered in solar panels? I keep expecting your bed or sofa flip over like in Stingray to reveal more gadgets! Well it's either that or have the lawn outside retractable with a hot tub? He he

Soldato
OP
the company i went to (carr garden buildings) do double walls. so 70mm thick wall then insulation then 70mm thick wall again like sandwich if you want. i did not insulate the walls. tbh i dont think i needed to either heat is fine with the A/C On.

most decent aircon have dehumidifier built in, they are excellent pieces of kit, worth their weight in gold when it's hot, in Malta you can't live in the apartment 3 months of the year without it! Their only downfall is the cost to heat a room when it's cold, I'd use the panel heaters for that - pennies a day.
So what's next Smogsy? Roof covered in solar panels? I keep expecting your bed or sofa flip over like in Stingray to reveal more gadgets! Well it's either that or have the lawn outside retractable with a hot tub? He he
Theirs a few plans & ideas in the works. but need to get my ankle better first :)

Back
Top Bottom