The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Associate
glad its only a one year extension to the current deal. I was worried we would give him a long term deal and have to pay big bucks to get rid.

INEOS so far are doing a good job, lets hope we have a good transfer window, get a quality CB, DMC and ST. Sell some of the un-required and hopefully use it on a full back and/or attacking midfielder.

Don
Sorry if that went over your head Shami. Typically when you say you 'just' need to do something it's something small, not seemingly change everything.

Caporegime
That's not everything mate. We've lost a CB and striker and are probably going to move Casemiro on, we're obviously going to replace them. Only you'd get your knickers in a twist over that.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Ok well late to the party I didn't notice there was a sport section in ocuk. Only been here for like 20+ years. :cry:

Ten Hag get his contract extended 2026. What the consensus with Man U fans??

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok well late to the party I didn't notice there was a sport section in ocuk. Only been here for like 20+ years. :cry:

Think it's the right move. It gives any recent signings or potential new signings some confidence that the manager will be there in the long term (2 years for a manager is long term nowadays ;) ) Sends a message to the miscreants that it's club first (Sancho, Rashford). Also it put's a little positive pressure on ETH in that he has two years and it shows that if he wants a new contract, new terms, he is going to have to earn it.

Reactions: Kyo

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Think it's the right move. It gives any recent signings or potential new signings some confidence that the manager will be there in the long term (2 years for a manager is long term nowadays ;) ) Sends a message to the miscreants that it's club first (Sancho, Rashford). Also it put's a little positive pressure on ETH in that he has two years and it shows that if he wants a new contract, new terms, he is going to have to earn it.

They have shown they can compete and beat the top teams just need to work on consistency now. The Glazers are gone now right?

Man of Honour
OP

Rather than go over it all again, bit of light reading for you :p

The long and short of it is, I think he should have been sacked, but I am optimistic under the new footballing structure and happy to give him another shot. Things will need to improve seriously rapidly though.

Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
I think it’s a positive move extending ETH’s contract, fans wanted consistency and someone to clear out the rot. Ten Hag did set a standard for the players, and he arguably cleared out those who needed to go. There’s no denying last season was a big disappointment apart from winning the FA Cup.
Let’s hope the new guys brought in by Radcliffe and some reshuffling in the dressing room can bring back some confidence to the supporters.

Soldato
Strategy makes sense. No new contract but an extension which gives both parties something. That way if the sack him at Christmas they aren't paying up a 2.5 year deal.

The continuity gives a chance for the rest of the football structure to bed in and the next phase in the squad overhaul.

I'm keen to see some exits agreed in the next week or three. Including a big name if we get the chance.

Soldato
Genuinely getting quite excited about the future with all these additions and changes. Do we know if any of the coaches are moving on? Appears it's going to be quite stacked with the likes of McLaren n Mcarthy. McLaren has a good reputation however I'm not convinced he's right for the modern game.

Back
Top Bottom