The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Soldato
It's pretty quiet at anfield at the moment thanks, new manager and new style will take some time to implement but we're all rather looking forward to it.
Admittedly it's like shooting fish in a barrel taking the mick out of you lot but maybe if you didn't herald every bit of news as a great new dawn for your club there wouldn't be as much laughing - see your new striker signing and paying more than his release clause so you can make installments, something you've been doing for years but was roundly applauded as some great bit of business and a first for your new football structure.

He hasn't kicked a ball for the club so I'll reserve judgement till he does

It's nice to see united are still relevant to others to top it off still won a cup last season :cry: can't be good from challenging for cups and all gone within a few weeks

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't know why so many United fans are so precious about other fans talking about them. Do they never comment on any other clubs? I thought that was pretty much part and parcel of footy. No one else is really doing anything to talk about.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't know why so many United fans are so precious about other fans talking about them. Do they never comment on any other clubs? I thought that was pretty much part and parcel of footy. No one else is really doing anything to talk about.

Because it's amusing and it's banter :D I myself wouldn't bother posting in the Liverpool thread couldn't care or invest time in it

Last edited:
Soldato
I don’t think anyone is being precious. it was a bit of typical footy banter.

Slabbering back and forth between UTD and pool fans has been going on for years. A bit of good banter is about the only thing we have at the minute as UTD fans.

As I said, before it was deleted, it’s plenty common for Liverpool fans to be having a dig at UTD right now. Liverpool have been utterly irrelevant in the premier league era bar the past handful of years and even in their recent renaissance they only managed 1 league title. They’re gonna be salty as hell right now for fear things get put right at UTD while they potentially vanish into irrelevance again without Klopp.

Last edited:
Soldato
They’re gonna be salty as hell right now for fear things get put right at UTD while they potentially vanish into irrelevance again without Klopp.
Salty? We've seen so many turned corners at your club over the past decade that no one is worried, trust me. There wont be anything to worry about until you get rid the your manager and even then (assuming you get a good one in) its still going to a long old while until you are challenging for the top spots regularly.

Soldato
Salty? We've seen so many turned corners at your club over the past decade that no one is worried, trust me. There wont be anything to worry about until you get rid the your manager and even then (assuming you get a good one in) its still going to a long old while until you are challenging for the top spots regularly.
Trust you?? No one trusts a scouser!! :cry:

Soldato
stuck with Sancho while he is still under contract, no ones paying him the same wages elsewhere and wont be big transfee fee, or loan him out again and pay most of the wages ?

Soldato
or the club has told him financially its big loss just getting him out ? and try to fit him in again

Yeah, and so he's agreed? Rather than being stubborn and saying no? He could have been stubborn and said no to resigning contract if Sancho stayed etc.

In truth, nobody knows, maybe we'll find out years in the future.

Caporegime
He said they'd had discussions and cleared the air and they were drawing a line under it.

His control over transfers is the same it was before, he has veto on transfers as most managers do. The difference now is he's got Wilcox, Ashworth and Vivell supporting him.

fez

fez

Caporegime
His control over transfers is the same it was before, he has veto on transfers as most managers do. The difference now is he's got Wilcox, Ashworth and Vivell supporting him.

“In terms of scouting and recruitment, a lot has been taken away from me.” That doesn't sound like a man who has a team "supporting him". It sounds like a man who has been largely removed from the process.

Caporegime
“In terms of scouting and recruitment, a lot has been taken away from me.” That doesn't sound like a man who has a team "supporting him". It sounds like a man who has been largely removed from the process.
The full quote to not cut out the bits where he says they're supporting him:
"That basis has now been greatly strengthened, yes. A lot has been taken away from me in the field of scouting and recruitment. That is also necessary. Especially at this large club you need to have a very strong structure in the field of scouting and transfer policy. I can only be happy that I now have Dan Ashworth (sporting director), Jason Wilcox (technical director) and Christopher Vivell (scouting and transfers) at my side. The club has thus acquired incredible know-how and knowledge of the football market. Knowledge that helps and supports me.”
Additionally:
Where does your responsibility begin and end when it comes to transfers?

“We determine the composition of the selection together with the sporting director, and we carry out that process together. We have to agree with each other, otherwise it won't happen. That's how it was at Ajax. Very simple actually. In today's football, as a manager you can no longer scout yourself. It doesn't work that way anymore."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom