The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Associate
Our defence wasn't that clever last week as we could have been a couple of goals down. Need to fix that. Smalling wasn't playing so that will strengthen us.

Soldato
I was thinking (hoping) that too. Once the record is broken there is no need to reason to keep playing him, we have plenty of better options.
A colleague of mine and I agree that Rooney costs the club too much for what he offers and that even if we offload him on a free we would at least save his £300k a week wages and a spare place in the squad for another, younger player.

For the first time in ages I'm feeling quite positive about the team, if the players start firing and playing with decent tactics we should hopefully end up in the top 4, at the very least. Fonte is a welcome addition, we're still weak at RB though. Glad to see Shaw back and well, he's effectively a new signing.
I think the self belief that JM and ZI will bring will help us. I think top 4 is a must but top 3 is an achievable target even if just to avoid a two legged playoff to get into the CL proper.

Is Fonte more or less a certainty then? I was wondering if it was just a typical JM destabilisation tactic ahead of the Utd v Soton game. We are weak at RB, even if Herrera thinks Valencia is the best RB in the world right now. And, at the risk of sounding like Wenger on having a long time injury player return, having Shaw back IS like a new signing and he's seemingly carrying on from where he was before the injury.

Soldato
Cant talk about transfers in this thread

RB looks as though it will be sorted out in a later window, hopefully meaning Darmian is staying another season (think he deserves to be given another year imo).

Shaw has me smiling all match by the sheer determination of covering the whole left side and even getting into the box and really driving at the opposition. Fabulous.

Still wondering how Ibra will do on the fabled wet and windy monday night in Stoke after Christmas (when he would normally be having a week or two off), but certainly looking good so far.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Cant talk about transfers in this thread

RB looks as though it will be sorted out in a later window, hopefully meaning Darmian is staying another season (think he deserves to be given another year imo).

Shaw has me smiling all match by the sheer determination of covering the whole left side and even getting into the box and really driving at the opposition. Fabulous.

Still wondering how Ibra will do on the fabled wet and windy monday night in Stoke after Christmas (when he would normally be having a week or two off), but certainly looking good so far.

Mourinho could always rest Ibra around Christmas to save him from burnout with Rashford waiting in the wings

Permabanned
Hopefully Rashford will start to get some minutes on the pitch soon. Its a little bit of a worry that he hasn't seen any in the league yet.

Mourinho mentioned the other day that the players who haven't been getting games yet will start getting them in September when there are more matches to play. Rashford will probably start over Zlatan for the cup games like the Europa, at least in the early stages.

Soldato
Does anyone else think that the playing of Fellaini could be part of a ploy to get him in the shop window. I almost can't bear the prospect of him still being part of our squad for another season. Surely we can't keep all those CM players.

fez

fez

Caporegime
No, I think that Mourinho rates him. You can't say he hasn't been quite good so far this season. I don't know if its because he is a bit more physical and Mourinho is still experimenting and wants some stability there. Fellaini isn't bothering me these days. Rooney is still the biggest blockage in the team. Get rid of him and get Mkhitaryan into the side and we will suddenly look much better.

Soldato
Even Fellaini's limited skill set can be made to look decent vs Bournemouth and Southampton (after having a few decent players sold)

He will be found wanting if JM is still playing him vs City in a few weeks time for example.

Associate
The problem fellaini has is that when he has a bad game everyone notices and gives him stick.

When he has a good game not many notice.

Associate
He's had 3 shocking seasons where he has been proven to be out of his depth, and thats for a team in the top 7 let alone top 4.

2 good games isn't suddenly going to change my mind on him.

Associate
true, but in 2 games under Mourinho he has already shown more than he has for the previous 3 seasons, its early days but I'm expecting some of the historical poor performers to up their game under Jose, hopefully Microphone is one of them, because we could really do with someone playing that DMC role very well.

Back
Top Bottom