The Manly Shaving Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That lather you have from the palmolive is excellent, when I tried one the other week it didn't go so well. I much prefer to use cream over soap.

I must have pretty tough skin as I get pretty much zero irritation or cuts at all, even from the first time I used a DE. I am now using an alum block post shave and that feels lovely with a bit of a sting :D

Right here we go, 1st 'proper' shave with my Muhle R89 and Gilette 7 O'Clock Sharp blades (had been using up a Wilkinson Sword blade 1st), absolutely fantastic, the blade seems to suit the razor more than the WS blade as it 'sticks out' a little bit more meaning a closer shave but there was a more noticable sting from the styptic pencil.

Next on the agenda is an Alum Block and maybe some Feather Blades (although the Gilettes seem great)

265089_523241604364871_2145383359_n.jpg

Borrowed my partners merkur to shave my legs and got a bit carried away.

Kneecap is stinging :(

Last edited:
Which type of Personna, there are a lot? The first ones I tried from the sample pack were a bit 'meh' which is why I held off trying the Preps.

I swapped the 100 Feather blades I bought for a travel tube (away for a couple of days next month), a bottle of Pinaud Clubman aftershave and a bottle of Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve cologne.

Used the aftershave this morning and it's really nice, a great classic scent, really old school.

Smigly, I believe the best way to do legs is in small sections, don't lather the whole leg and try to do it all in one go. Also remember the golden rule, absolutely no pressure whatsoever, just let the weight of the razor head do the work.

I've used his merkur before to do my legs and its been fine. I think this time I got a bit lax and just wasn't concentrating enough and went straight over the bobbly part of my kneecap without slowing down/adjusting angle. It took like a whole circle of skin off. :p

No! I've seen the reaction the badger has when he uses his alum block after shaving....no way was that going anywhere near my leg.

I washed it off with water, poked at it a bit to check it wasn't bleeding, then put some sudocrem on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom