**The Mental Health Thread**

Soldato
Had a full on alcohol-fueled breakdown about a month ago, since then it seems to have spiralled into other issues, imposter syndrome at work, feelings of apathy towards pretty much everything, not caring about consequences and putting things off for as long as possible.

There is nothing inherently wrong about my life either, great family and friends, partner, extremely flexible job and working hours but it just feels like it's all for nothing, which I guess it is in the end...

This is worrying to hear but also very relatable. Don't know how much I can add but you're not alone.

Soldato
Thanks mate will give it a look tomorrow. I have a few hours on my own which I’m not looking forward too so hopefully having a look at this will help.

Hope that it does help you. I have several of the mp3 files on my phone and find them most beneficial. As with most things it is about practice, going on a 12 weeks course for Mindfulness certainly helped. But I have found that it very much helps to focus my mind in that "here and now" zone rather than in that world of "ifs" and "might be".

Associate
Nothing at all, I was in fact pretty happy with myself on the day and the days beforehand.

I know alcohol is a depressant but this was more than that, proper deep rooted rage. I’ve went to book an appointment with my GP twice but pulled out as I just feel like a fraud, wasting their already stretched resources.

I felt the same but you need to go and seek help. You are not a fraud. I decided that i also didnt want to wait to gain access to NHS therapy so i went private. If you can afford it might be worth looking into. I'm out of work for 3 months now and paying for therapy every week has killed me financially but i cant go without it. Honestly don't just do nothing mate.

Permabanned
Hi, guys I was searching for a depression thread couldn’t find much found this I’m depressed single lonely bored nothing to do extreme frustrated and I can’t get a date to save my life I’m thinking of ending it all I hope you guys are well but I think my days are over sadly had enough of the same old rubbish day in day out I want better than this... best regards, liam.

Underboss
Hi, guys I was searching for a depression thread couldn’t find much found this I’m depressed single lonely bored nothing to do extreme frustrated and I can’t get a date to save my life I’m thinking of ending it all I hope you guys are well but I think my days are over sadly had enough of the same old rubbish day in day out I want better than this... best regards, liam.

Liam please try and speak to someone before you do anything, please phone the samaritans - 116 123 - it's a freephone number.

Permabanned
I was right even back when I was 14 I’d knew nothing gets better i didn’t sign up for this lonely depressing boring life nothing gets better so there’s no point trying anymore I really do hate all women they’ve mad me like this they are to blame just gotta try stick through it I guess for a lil longer never know things might get better

Soldato
I was right even back when I was 14 I’d knew nothing gets better i didn’t sign up for this lonely depressing boring life nothing gets better so there’s no point trying anymore I really do hate all women they’ve mad me like this they are to blame just gotta try stick through it I guess for a lil longer never know things might get better

Life is what you make of it and you are owed nothing.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and placing blame on others. It's pathetic.

If you're not happy do something about it, don't sit there waiting.

Associate
Liam you need help and i hope you get it but to blame all women for your troubles is not on. If a woman or 2 has treated you badly then i'm sorry to hear that but thats only happened because you let it in a way.

Seek help.

Soldato

Please go through these in order:

The responsibility to make your life better is yours alone, things don't get better by themselves. Identifying as a victim will only keep you stuck where you are, but if you accept the reason for your problems is you, that means it's also within your power to solve them. And you can solve them, even if you start with something incredibly small and build from there.

Soldato
Permabanned after 4 posts, definitely a troll.

Rarely do people with depression or mental health just come out with all of that, and if they do, it'll be a wall of text explaining everything in detail as they'll want to get it all off their chest.

On one hand I'm for supporting anyone with mental health issues, as I know many here would/have support me with mine, on the other, I see posts like this and think how sad it is that people think it's fun to troll such a thread but at the same time you have to be careful calling them out on it. We've had a few in this thread and it's a shame.

Soldato
I'm looking to hire a support worker (possible on private healthcare) to help me leave the house to do necessary daily activities. Does anyone else have someone who helps them with this?

Soldato
Hope that it does help you. I have several of the mp3 files on my phone and find them most beneficial. As with most things it is about practice, going on a 12 weeks course for Mindfulness certainly helped. But I have found that it very much helps to focus my mind in that "here and now" zone rather than in that world of "ifs" and "might be".

It definitely has been a help I have also registered for a mindfulness course and hopefully expecting a call today to sort it out. I have also been reading more which I’m finding a great way to loose myself in something other than my worry. I’m only using the diazepam when really bad and only had to use 1 in 4 days so far. I’m still dropping the prednisolone at a slower pace now at 10mg but I’m not really sure that was the cause more a build up of everything with my surgery etc. Adapting my thinking to the here and now has been a challenge but also a great help when I feel things spiralling downwards.

Slow small improvements are how I’m working and hopefully it will continue that way....

Cheers

Soldato
It definitely has been a help I have also registered for a mindfulness course and hopefully expecting a call today to sort it out. I have also been reading more which I’m finding a great way to loose myself in something other than my worry. I’m only using the diazepam when really bad and only had to use 1 in 4 days so far. I’m still dropping the prednisolone at a slower pace now at 10mg but I’m not really sure that was the cause more a build up of everything with my surgery etc. Adapting my thinking to the here and now has been a challenge but also a great help when I feel things spiralling downwards.

Slow small improvements are how I’m working and hopefully it will continue that way....

Cheers

I remember starting the Mindfulness course, I was amongst 12 or so others. My first thoughts were "What the......". As the weeks past I was surprised at how much the techniques and skills acquired helped me to help myself to cope much better.
Well done for registering and I hope that it benefits you too, if you are successful in gaining a place.

We visited an art gallery in Manchester over the weekend and I noticed that they had assigned an area to bring together art and mindfulness for people to try and experience what that could mean for them. There were links also for mobile devices to download audio commentary to accompany it.

Here was the sign that they had placed at the entrance to that part of the gallery...

RWNWT2A.jpg

5eabf24e-05e4-4fb6-995a-3ca888d8a537

Associate
Over the years I seem to have managed and lessened my anxiety with not fearing it as much. Meds totally screwed me up.

One thing I cannot shake at all is fatigue. I have no energy, motivation, focus, brain fog. I exercise, climb, skateboard, eat pretty well, sleep with no real problems in my life.

Had full physical with the Dr so I'm guessing it's linked to anxiety/depression. Anybody else have this? It actually makes me depressed seeing people with energy.

Soldato
Had a bit of a bad evening night with some dark thoughts in my head. No idea why as I have no reason to think like that. I think the Anxiety/Depression is getting on top of me and the periods during the day I feel low are not nice. I think I will have a chat with a doctor today about a more permanent medication. I used Escitalopram before which I feel helped so will see what they say. This with the CBT/Mindfullness hopefully combined will help.

I thought things were picking up a bit but after yesterday evening I’m not sure although I can’t expect miracles overnight. I’m sure these steroids are not helping but tbh even then I’m not sure.

Everything is feeling a bit bleghhhhhh at the moment. Hopefully things will pick up a bit today. Stupid head...... lol

Caporegime
One thing I cannot shake at all is fatigue. I have no energy, motivation, focus, brain fog. I exercise, climb, skateboard, eat pretty well, sleep with no real problems in my life.

This is the worst thing about it in my opinion, the other elements of it are somewhat easy to mask but the above can really take its toll on your career and relationships. It's not easy to get stuff done when your mind can't even formulate basic stuff.

Soldato
This is the worst thing about it in my opinion, the other elements of it are somewhat easy to mask but the above can really take its toll on your career and relationships. It's not easy to get stuff done when your mind can't even formulate basic stuff.

I agree. I'm in the same position. I have so many ideas and plans for improving my situation but when you are so tired all of the time and can't concentrate on anything for an extended period of time it really hampers your recovery.

Back
Top Bottom