The MSI Neo2 Platinum Owners Help Thread

Associate
I've seen that site and did think about getting a pre flashed bios saviour. Only trouble is I don't like credit cards and that's all they take, plus like you said postage was about £15 alone.

I've ordered a new bios chip from the company you recommended above, plus a bios saviour will be winging it's was to me today sometime. Going to be a few days before I get the new bios though, hopefully that'll sort me out. :)

Associate
K8n neo 2 1.52 Beta Bios Problem

Hello, I had exactly the same problem with my MSI K8N Neo 2 i flashed to the 1.52 beta bios and had the 3 second problelm, pulling my hair out i tried new PSU, blah blah, the thing that fixed it was removing my Crucial Ballistix PC4000 Ram and sticking some el cheapo PC3200 ram in the, system booted perfectly >?

I flashed back to older 1.51 bios, put my Crucial Ram back in and Its all Back in action, So if anyone has this problem try changing the RAM

Cheers

Chris

Associate
I dunno if its the Best Bios for the Crucial RAM, but I'm getting a Vapochill case and I wanted the 1.51 bios as its supposed to fix subzero temp probs with this board. At the moment I've got the Crucial ballistix PC4000 running @ 9.5 * 275Mhz, but as you may be aware the A64 half multipliers dont work so well, so instead of running 1:1 the memory is in fact running @ 261Mhz, @ 2.5,3,3,5 1T seems pretty good to me, gets around 7.5Gb per second on Sandra , on my Winchester 3500 running at 2600Mhz

Cheers

Chris

Associate
guys please help i am installing the 5.10 drivers and when i go to connect my broadband disc and it searches for it comes up saying no nic installed everytime got a new hard drive coming monday and really need to try and sort this problem out seems it is a taboo subject loads of peeps had same prob but no answers they just post yeahhh got it going now lol

martint

M

martint

ethernet stops

yashiro said:
After scouring many forums a couple of recurring probs seem to be present with this board.

1) Bios hangs on boot up. (Platinum Logo)
Fairly common, has been suggested it's a power issue. I'm sceptical.

2) On board ethernet stops working (nvLan)
Just stops working. Fixes range from reinstall drivers to a full bios re-flash.

No.2 is the most disturbing problem I've seen and seems relatively common. Have any OcUk members experienced this issue?

I have this problem. I can access internet without a problem for 10 to 20mins and then stops. I have to reset the computer to be able to access internet for other 10-20 mins. I have the problem with both network conections. What can I do? I've been like this since last tuesday!!

Martin.

Associate
i am thinking about going into town and getting a pci

but which is it i get just a normal network card

then got the worry of it cnflicting as the mobo has some issues with conflicting pci slots just look at the sound card probs

oh why did i get this mobo should have played safe and gone for a asus lol

Associate
cshacks said:
Hello, I had exactly the same problem with my MSI K8N Neo 2 i flashed to the 1.52 beta bios and had the 3 second problelm, pulling my hair out i tried new PSU, blah blah, the thing that fixed it was removing my Crucial Ballistix PC4000 Ram and sticking some el cheapo PC3200 ram in the, system booted perfectly >?

I flashed back to older 1.51 bios, put my Crucial Ram back in and Its all Back in action, So if anyone has this problem try changing the RAM

Cheers

Chris

My BIOS just expired whilst updating to 1.52, I will give your method a try to see if I can get it to boot and roll back the update.

Failing that, I think I will remove the motherboard in the morning and smash it against the outside wall.

Associate
Nearly as informative as yours, nicRob :rolleyes: ;)

Has anyone got a definative list of the order that the drivers need to be installed in on a clean windows boot for the Neo 2? Im thinking its: (but I might be wrong).
1.Service pack 2(with dx9.c)
2.Vga drivers
3.Nforce 3 drivers
4.Sound drivers

Soldato
Kendo said:
Cool, nice bit of detective work :) You should post your findings on the Xtreme Systems Neo 2 thread
Done.

I have this problem. I can access internet without a problem for 10 to 20mins and then stops. I have to reset the computer to be able to access internet for other 10-20 mins. I have the problem with both network conections. What can I do? I've been like this since last tuesday!!

More info on you connection would be helpfull, but try disabling the "Checksum Offload" option in the Nvidia Ethernet settings.
It's in the properties of the NIC in device manager.

Associate
nO}{8 said:
Nearly as informative as yours, nicRob :rolleyes: ;)

Has anyone got a definative list of the order that the drivers need to be installed in on a clean windows boot for the Neo 2? Im thinking its: (but I might be wrong).
(with dx9.c)
2.Vga drivers
3.Nforce 3 drivers
4.Sound drivers

I think it should be 1.Service pack 2 then Nforce 3 drivers then dx9.c then Vga drivers I think the sound drivers are in with the Nforce 3 drivers but I could be wrong.

I got this info from Custom pc they reckon that way makes it all run faster, I haven't tested it for speed but install that way on everyboard and not had any problems.

Hope that helps and if someone knows about the sound drivers I would be interested.

Associate
Woohoo, got my Neo2 up and running tonight after the 1.52 bios shenanigans. Just the basics and ran memtest to see if everything was ok. Phew! so far so good. :)

Back
Top Bottom