The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Soldato
Re the ACL injury... confirmed and he needs an operation... so that's 3 of a potential first choice back 4 who've had the same season-ending injury in the space of a year. Makes you wonder if there's some common denominator as far as making players vulnerable to this particular injury.

Does anyone else think Luiz actually looked a bit captain like last night the way he was playing, working hard and encouraging everyone?

That's kind of why we bought him, I think. He's renowned for helping young Brazilian players get used to life in London and he gave a great post-match interview yesterday.

I'd note a lot of the media outlets seem to have misquoted him slightly, as he said "it's better to sleep four hours happy than eight hours unhappy" and not "it's better to sleep for hours..."

Man of Honour
Regarding injuries, there was a period a few years back where we had a ridiculous number of players getting shoulder (I think it was) injuries. At the time there was speculation about training methods etc. To the extent that someone even did some analysis of injury data to show that Arsenal had a disproportionately high number of certain injury types.

Man of Honour
I don't think it is a given that Auba remains captain longer term under Arteta, but I guess he might not want to rock the boat too much given he's only just been appointed.

Soldato
Looks like Nketiah is staying for the rest of the season. That'll be interesting in this new regime.

*Baz as he's a youth player staying, I didn't think this belonged in the transfer thread or warranted a thread of it's own.

Soldato
If he's being retained then it means he's going to be played, which is obviously what Eddie needs at this stage in his career, and goals scored by someone other than Auba are scarce ATM so let's hope he can bang some in...

Soldato
You're writing him off at age 20? From what I've seen of him, he has an eye for a goal. Just needs some game time.

I can't deny he does seem ok when in front of goal, it's the rest of his game which seems sorely lacking. Just look at some of his touches against Portsmouth, ball literally bounced off him multiple times.

Soldato
I can't deny he does seem ok when in front of goal, it's the rest of his game which seems sorely lacking. Just look at some of his touches against Portsmouth, ball literally bounced off him multiple times.

Yeah he has a lot still to learn. The Leeds loan wasn't that great for him, as he hardly started. So now he's a bit behind the other youngsters.

I Want to see Nketiah, Saka, Nelson, Willock and Martinelli become first teamers.

Back
Top Bottom