The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Soldato
The heartening thing about this window is it seems like the intent was really there from higher-ups to get stuff done, which they got done smartly: positions that needed filling have been filled with a mixture of established players, ones for the future, and some short-term stopgaps, rather than just not buying anyone or going to the charity shop. I'm certainly excited to see how we line up, the attacking threat, and perhaps if some of the defensive issues can be mitigated by having better ball-players across the park (e.g. Luiz). Kind of bummed Xhaka is captain though, he's just too error prone and most of the ideal starting XIs in my head we could use don't include him...

Also good business selling Jenko, Bielek and Iwobi - apparently the most we've ever sold a player for - hopefully this will start the trend of getting rid of players at the right time for the right money rather than letting contracts run down, getting stuck with players, players going on frees etc.

Soldato
The heartening thing about this window is it seems like the intent was really there from higher-ups to get stuff done, which they got done smartly: positions that needed filling have been filled with a mixture of established players, ones for the future, and some short-term stopgaps, rather than just not buying anyone or going to the charity shop. I'm certainly excited to see how we line up, the attacking threat, and perhaps if some of the defensive issues can be mitigated by having better ball-players across the park (e.g. Luiz). Kind of bummed Xhaka is captain though, he's just too error prone and most of the ideal starting XIs in my head we could use don't include him...

Also good business selling Jenko, Bielek and Iwobi - apparently the most we've ever sold a player for - hopefully this will start the trend of getting rid of players at the right time for the right money rather than letting contracts run down, getting stuck with players, players going on frees etc.

I would say in Raul Sanllehi we finally have a new David Dein.

Caporegime
Lets hope we can actually break in to the top 4 this time round, but the issue is all the other clubs bar Chelsea have massively strengthened too. It's gonna be even harder than last season.
We would have got top 4 if our run in was a bit more consistent with results. We lost far too many games which in essence we should have won. IIRC at one point we were a point or 2 away from 3rd place till we slumped.

But of course everyone has strengthened along with us. So down to our squad to get back into top 4.

Soldato
We would have got top 4 if our run in was a bit more consistent with results. We lost far too many games which in essence we should have won. IIRC at one point we were a point or 2 away from 3rd place till we slumped.

But of course everyone has strengthened along with us. So down to our squad to get back into top 4.

It all turned for the worst when Aubamayang missed that last second penalty away to Spurs.

Soldato
Must admit the transfer window went better than I could have ever dreamed, I was feeling very pessemistic most of the summer but now I'm actually looking forward to the season.

We'll see how it gos, we're still weak at the back, but I think we have one of the most exciting attacks in the league - will it be enough to crack Top 3? I'm not sure, Liverpool and City look as strong as ever. Spurs have improved but if Eriksen does manage to force a move then I think they could drop off.

Soldato
Must admit the transfer window went better than I could have ever dreamed, I was feeling very pessemistic most of the summer but now I'm actually looking forward to the season.

We'll see how it gos, we're still weak at the back, but I think we have one of the most exciting attacks in the league - will it be enough to crack Top 3? I'm not sure, Liverpool and City look as strong as ever. Spurs have improved but if Eriksen does manage to force a move then I think they could drop off.

They bought many expensive players too this summer tho. Is Eriksen really trying to force a move or are Spurs reluctantly looking to see to interested parties?

Caporegime
It all turned for the worst when Aubamayang missed that last second penalty away to Spurs.
Well yeh that didn’t help but regardless whether we miss or score penalties, that shouldn’t stop us from throwing points away.

It was going back to the Wenger years where we dropped so many stupid points to teams we should have battered into the ground.

Soldato
I can only Hazard a guess they’ve been threatened or something. This could end up enough to drive them away. No one will accept living in fear.

The press told the world that the incident started outside Kolasinacs home and showed everyone a map. And then put up pictures of Ozils home. I'm pretty sure they have grounds to sue.

Back
Top Bottom