The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Liverpool's back 5?

VVD 220k
Trent 180k
Alisson 150k
Robertson 100k
Konate 70k

We've got 3 players on a 200k+ 'basic' pw apparently - Salah, VVD and Thiago. Take the hungarian fella we've just signed, he's on 125k per week, whereas Mount is rumored to have signed for 250k and of course Havertz and his 300k+.
Your best defender is on 220k

Our best is on 200k

Ben white is on 120k and gabriel is only on 50k :o

Varane at utd is on 340k a week

Stones is on 250k a week at city

Id say we got a good deal hes better than the lot of them

And timber who we’ve signed is on 90k basic

Hardly say were ripping our wage structure apart :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You're comparing a 22 year old's wages to players older than him though. If he's on 200k now, how much will he be on when he's 30 like Varane?
Thats 8 years away its irrelevant were talking about now and in todays market

200k for the next 4 years for someone of salibas talent is nothing when you compare him to other players. Saliba will be one of the best cbs in the world

Last edited:
Your best defender is on 220k

Our best is on 200k

Ben white is on 120k and gabriel is only on 50k :o

Varane at utd is on 340k a week
As Shami said above Varene is a decade older (give or take) as is VVD
Stones is on 250k a week at city
yeah, hes one of the highest earners at city, you've now got just as many players as them on over 200k
And timber who we’ve signed is on 90k basic
reports I've read stated 8 million a year right? so hes on 150k pw (euro)
Hardly say were ripping our wage structure apart :rolleyes:
of course you would say that though

Last edited:
No timber is on 90k basic up to 120k with bonus’s

Whats age got to do with it your paid for your talent not how long you’ve been kicking a ball

350k for varane is stupid when saliba is 200k

Last edited:
No timber is on 90k basic up to 120k with bonus’s
250271.jpg

That 350k pw figure for Havertz is the biggest load of nonsense I’ve ever heard. He was only on £150kpw at Chelsea. No chance we pay him £200k a week more. It would cause too much disharmony within the squad. The whole thing is balderdash made up by bored journos

Arsenal played Watford today was draw marquinhos scored for us

Hopefully he features more this season to give saka a break now and then

Aye we may do, but they've won things and Trent is our 4th highest earner, with Saliba's new contract I think that's 7 or 8 players on 200k + pw you've got now isn't it? and youve got Odegaard's contract negotiations coming up soon, seems you've kissed goodbye to a sensible wage structure to me

Yup we are sensible

"Arsenal are actually in a very strong position when it comes to spending," he told Sky Sports News. The reason for that is they have managed to get their wages under control.

"Arsenal's wages are lower than they were in 2018. They are £150m to a £170m less than Liverpool, Manchester United and Manchester City. That has given them the flexibility to go into the market and buy new players without having to worry too much.

It gets better

Liverpool spending like crazy :cry:

Sauce not the hp kind https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...al-rice-havertz-timber-liverpool-27162199.amp

Arsenal's wage bill during their last season in the Champions League, 2016/17, stood at £199.4m. In comparison, Liverpool’s sat at £207.5m, a difference of a little over four per cent. Fast forward to the accounts for the 2022 financial year and the Reds' wage bill was the second largest in the Premier League at £366m. Arsenal's, on the other hand, was £212m. That means Liverpool’s wage bill has increased by 76.4 per cent over the same time period when the Gunners’ only rose by around 6.3 per cent

This debate is not only incredibly boring but plain stupid. Neither of you can back-up your statements because individual wage figures are never reported by clubs and reported figures in the press are almost always hugely under reported. And before somebody asks how I can say that reported figures in the press are hugely under reported when clubs don't publish individual figures, it's very easy to calculate approximate average earnings per first team player from clubs accounts which show that figures reported in the press are total bs. For instance @C Kent's claim about only 3 Liverpool players earning £200k+ per week is clearly nonsense based on Liverpool's total wagebill.

As for your point about Liverpool's wages @The_One, yes we were (are) paying top tier wages and that's because we've had a squad that's competed for and won major honours consistently for a number of years. Arsenal's 2017/18 to 2021/22 wagebill(s) were reflective of their on field performance - you were a Europa League side competing for nothing. Arsenal's wagebill will increase hugely as a result of their new signings and contract renewals.

So, looking at the season ahead Arsenal have not actually increased the numbers if Partey and others talked about do go, I thought we needed a few more players to bolster the squad, still no one to fill in for Saka either. They've spent a lot, fair play, they are going for it but I do wonder if the depth will be missing again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom